Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 710,910 times)

ShadowStalker

ShadowStalker

Well honestly have no idea how this egg got there, for they have been mentioned already lol Id rather have it a mystery!

Jamal

Jamal

No egg, no Alien3.

Thats your answer :)

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Crainy on Mar 08, 2010, 03:00:17 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 08, 2010, 02:49:01 PM
Aliens can't spit out eggs.

How can you know? Why shouldnt they?

Because then they wouldn't need a queen. 

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Hell, according to AvPR they don't even need one. So spitting out eggs isn't out of the question no matter how much I despise that idea, sooner or later we'll end up seeing that on screen.

Alien³

Alien³

The predalien did it in AVPR but it don't connect the AVP films to the alien series so this doesn't happen.

8thPassenger

8thPassenger

The idea about that one magic "emergency egg" that the queen is able to produce without its ovipositor seems kinda far-fetched and unnecessary to me. If we believe wikipedia, an ovipositor is used  "...to transmit the egg, to prepare a place for it, and to place it properly." So the egg is still very much produced inside the queen's body, and the ovipositor is just kinda like a handy tool for mass-producing them.  :)

Even sillier is the idea of an alien warrior sneaking in the dropship with two eggs under it's arms.

The eggs were laid in the dropship landing gear bay, in my opinion. The reason it doesn't look like that in Alien3 is because of a thing called artistic liberty, exercised by Mr. Fincher.

Mus

Mus

Quote from: 8thPassenger on Mar 15, 2010, 09:40:33 AM
The idea about that one magic "emergency egg" that the queen is able to produce without its ovipositor seems kinda far-fetched and unnecessary to me. If we believe wikipedia, an ovipositor is used  "...to transmit the egg, to prepare a place for it, and to place it properly." So the egg is still very much produced inside the queen's body, and the ovipositor is just kinda like a handy tool for mass-producing them.  :)

So there could easily still be eggs inside the Queen after the ovipositor is detached. If we believe Wikipedia, "in some of the insects the organ is used merely to attach the egg to some surface", which essentially just makes it a tool for placing the eggs more accurately. However, removing the ovipositor wouldn't make it impossible to get the eggs out of the "womb" if you will, so the Queen could easily have laid the remaining egg or two inside the ship and placed them somewhere safe.

8thPassenger

8thPassenger

Quote from: Mus on Mar 15, 2010, 11:25:23 AM
So there could easily still be eggs inside the Queen after the ovipositor is detached. If we believe Wikipedia, "in some of the insects the organ is used merely to attach the egg to some surface", which essentially just makes it a tool for placing the eggs more accurately. However, removing the ovipositor wouldn't make it impossible to get the eggs out of the "womb" if you will, so the Queen could easily have laid the remaining egg or two inside the ship and placed them somewhere safe.

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Mus

Mus

I know, I was merely concuring or further clarifying or some such.

8thPassenger

8thPassenger

Quote from: Mus on Mar 15, 2010, 12:00:26 PM
I know, I was merely concuring or further clarifying or some such.

Yeah, and it's a good thing you did, because you said it much better than I ever could. Clarifying = good.

The Hyena

The Hyena

Isn't the ship meant to be hived? as suggested by Aliens: Colonial Marines DS?

Lie

Lie

Bishop put it just like bishop waited for the queen to emerge be for picking it up (Ripley and Newt just happen to get on the ship at the say time), and he tried to get Ripley killed by walking to where he knew it was. Your telling me that an synthetic who instead of learing how to fly can just download how to fly didn't notice something as heavy as the Queen on his ship. No way he knew it was there on all planes from now until doomsday they will have at least one panel telling how much weight your carrying.

Bishop is Evil.

Danger Close

Danger Close

I always thought the queen left it there, and I still do.

Proj2501

Proj2501

This is the only way I can make sense of the Egg on the Sulaco.

The Queen wiggled her way into the Dropship. As it makes it's way back onto the Sulaco, the Queen lay's a Queen Egg. I always thought she stashed it in the cavity of the Dropship (altho the picture suggests otherwise).

While everyone is sleeping, the Queen Facehugger emerges. Seeks out the nearest life form, Newt. Now Newt's cryo-tube is flooded upon impact on Fury.

NOW THE FOLLOWING IS DEPICTED IN THE ALIEN 3 COMIC (SEE FOR YOURSELF)

The underdeveloped Queen embryo climbs out of Newt's body and crawls into Ripley's mouth. This I can buy, in all honesty.

It makes sense that the Queen Facehuggers can contain two embroys: A Queen and a Drone. A Drone is necessary to protect the Queen in her vulnerable suspended state and also to bring back hosts for the newly laid eggs. Like people have said, it was chance that the Queen Facehugger grabbed a dog.

How anyone can blame Bishop I do not get at all.

Lie

Lie

Quote from: Proj2501 on Mar 15, 2010, 06:48:31 PM
This is the only way I can make sense of the Egg on the Sulaco.

The Queen wiggled her way into the Dropship. As it makes it's way back onto the Sulaco, the Queen lay's a Queen Egg. I always thought she stashed it in the cavity of the Dropship (altho the picture suggests otherwise).

While everyone is sleeping, the Queen Facehugger emerges. Seeks out the nearest life form, Newt. Now Newt's cryo-tube is flooded upon impact on Fury.

NOW THE FOLLOWING IS DEPICTED IN THE ALIEN 3 COMIC (SEE FOR YOURSELF)

The underdeveloped Queen embryo climbs out of Newt's body and crawls into Ripley's mouth. This I can buy, in all honesty.

It makes sense that the Queen Facehuggers can contain two embroys: A Queen and a Drone. A Drone is necessary to protect the Queen in her vulnerable suspended state and also to bring back hosts for the newly laid eggs. Like people have said, it was chance that the Queen Facehugger grabbed a dog.

How does she lay the egg without an Eggsac? She cant just squat it out. XD And why would she need a egg for anyway she can produce her own when shes ready

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed