Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 705,655 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

I was searching for a thread on this and couldn't find one. If there is one post and close this one.

Until then I was wondering if anyone has any idea where the hell the Alien egg came from in that film?

It was supposed to be a super facehugger and carried to embroyos. Actually, in the Extended Cut of the film the super facehugger is shown briefly when Frank and Murphy are hanging up Babe.

Any ideas?

SM

SM

There will n doubt be an existing thread but it's been a while so...

1) The Queen rescued it from the hive during her escape and carried it up to the Sulaco.
2) She laid it en route to the Sulaco.

These are the two most viable options IMO.

echobbase79

echobbase79

that's what I figured. But I don't think the writers of Alien 3 really had any idea to be honest.

SM

SM

They didn't.  I vaguely recall a comments from Giler or Hill or someone at the time that was along the lines of "The audience isn't supposed to ask that question".

That said, it's not hard to make a link.  The Queen was on the Sulaco; Queens lay eggs; an egg on the Sulaco isn't a stretch.  However that fact it was never adequately addressed was rather cheap and one of the many problems with Alien3.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Yeah, but I doubt anyone even questions this very often.

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Gosh put the facts together bishop was messing about with the facehuggers while he was in the medlabs you didnt see him at all between the time the fighting was going on in the hives. He hesitated when spunkmyer said do you need anything else, Also he was late when he was gonna pick ripley up he stepped foward straight away when someone had to get a drop ship from the suloco on remote. In alien 3 when ripley plugged him back up he knew the alien was with them all the way (Or seeing his a android he knew that already) Alien 3 they wanted to get ripleys trust he didnt ask about hicks death or newts he werent botherd (Or he already knew like he said everything goes into the computer) and then he said "YOU MUST LET ME HAVE IT ITS AMAZING" and thats about it and i hope they didnt kill morse <3

SM

SM

QuoteGosh put the facts together bishop was messing about with the facehuggers while he was in the medlabs you didnt see him at all between the time the fighting was going on in the hives.

That's not going to work.  Say he did sneak over to the AP station and steal an egg and take it back to the colony.  Then what?  He didn't take it with him to the landing field.  So that's out.

QuoteHe hesitated when spunkmyer said do you need anything else

Suspicious, yes.  Also a red herring.  Either way it doesn't support him smuggling anything.

QuoteAlso he was late when he was gonna pick ripley up he stepped foward straight away when someone had to get a drop ship from the suloco on remote.

He can't allow humans to come to harm and he was the only one qualified to remote pilot the dropship.  What else was he supposed to do?

As for the rest of your post - not seeing the relevance.

Awgustas

Awgustas

I think the queen layed an emergency egg.

Awgustas

Awgustas

Quote from: AdamJZ on Dec 13, 2006, 10:07:54 PM
There had to be two eggs on the ship though, one for the facehugger that would infect the dog/ox, and another (queen facehugger) that would infect Ripley.  I don't really know what to make of it, its a pretty big plothole, just that I don't think it was the queen by the way Bishop said "It was with us the whole way"
BTW, I think the queen facehugger can hold 2 embryos. 1st for the queen and the second for the queens host protection.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Awgustas on Apr 01, 2009, 06:08:24 PM
I think the queen layed an emergency egg.

I with Awgustas.

WarriorRidged

WarriorRidged

Sorry to pull this thread up again, but I just wanted to add that it will be interesting to see what the game "Aliens: Colonial Marines" comes up with to explain this.

Though I realise, games aren't strictly canon.  The game is about investigating the Sulaco, set after Alien 3.  We can be sure this plot point will be addressed.  If this game is extremely well written, we may well get a superbly crafted answer - something that makes sense, that none of us thought of - that we can all finally accept as canon.

The was Bishop II human or an android may also be addressed.  The beauty of it is, with it being a game we don't HAVE to accept either as canon.  The problem is with films is that we have to accept it as canon.

But with some of the INCREDIBLE writing you do get in games these days, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with in regards to the "how did the egg get on the Sulaco" argument... a point that will surely be addressed.

Crainy

Crainy

Well, i think this is how it happened: The alien queen produced an egg inside her, unfinished, like a slimy mess or something which would later evolve. While she was on the shuttle, she spit this slimy mess right onto the wall, where it evolved. I mean, why not? Alien can spit acid out of their bodies, why not queens eggs? The facehugger that got the dog just ran by and got onto the shuttle with the queen. Thats plausible and logic.

I mean, think about it: They landed in a HIVE of aliens. Of course something for onboard.

Alien³

Alien³

Aliens can't spit out eggs.

Crainy

Crainy

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 08, 2010, 02:49:01 PM
Aliens can't spit out eggs.

How can you know? Why shouldnt they?

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Makkaveli101 on Mar 08, 2010, 02:09:39 PM
Sorry to pull this thread up again, but I just wanted to add that it will be interesting to see what the game "Aliens: Colonial Marines" comes up with to explain this.

Though I realise, games aren't strictly canon.  The game is about investigating the Sulaco, set after Alien 3.  We can be sure this plot point will be addressed.  If this game is extremely well written, we may well get a superbly crafted answer - something that makes sense, that none of us thought of - that we can all finally accept as canon.

The was Bishop II human or an android may also be addressed.  The beauty of it is, with it being a game we don't HAVE to accept either as canon.  The problem is with films is that we have to accept it as canon.

But with some of the INCREDIBLE writing you do get in games these days, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with in regards to the "how did the egg get on the Sulaco" argument... a point that will surely be addressed.

If A:CM does go down this route it could be fantastic. I was hoping AVP as going to do this when I heard it was set after Alien 3 and Lance Henriksen was to voice Bishop but instead it just threw further confusion into the mix so that game didnt provide an answer. And for people saying games are NEVER canon, just look at last years Ghostbusters. A perfect example of a canon videogame. It was like a fully fledged sequel with nothing to contradict or ruin what had come before it in the movies. If A:CM pulled of something similar it would be great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed