Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 716,692 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 29, 2016, 03:45:36 PM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 29, 2016, 12:04:14 AM
Further proof why LocalTrouble is one of AVPG's most intelligent, valued members. :)

You've got him mixed-up with someone else dude. He's just one of the local troublemakers around here.

Speaking of SM, now that his posts are few and far between they seem even more profound than ever.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 29, 2016, 08:33:44 PM
Further proof why LocalTrouble is one of AVPG's most intelligent, valued members. :)

You've got him mixed-up with someone else dude. He's just one of the local troublemakers around here.

Speaking of SM, now that his posts are few and far between they seem even more profound than ever.

I find your deification of SM most disturbing :P

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 29, 2016, 08:38:52 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 29, 2016, 08:33:44 PM

I find your deification of SM most disturbing :P

I hope, one day, you have your road to Damascus moment.

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 29, 2016, 04:57:35 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 28, 2016, 08:50:46 PM
Quote from: Primordial on Jul 28, 2016, 06:37:09 AMI wasn't aware of that. It reminds me that I had written (in a poor manner  :D) in this same thread years ago about Bishop's legs getting 'eggmorphed'. I remember having checked out if we saw those legs when Ripley was searching for the android's remains. It seemed feasible. Of course the location of the egg would remain a problem.

My ooze theory explains the location of the egg.

My favourite theory so far.  And fits with the black goo in Prometheus.

The idea is that the queen was leaking globules of proto-eggs from where she tore off her egg sac.  One of them oozed out onto the floor of the hangar bay, but it was tiny and camouflaged by viscous slime so even if Ripley had seen it, she wouldn't have guessed that it would have grown into an egg.

We can optionally speculate that it absorbed Bishop's legs to achieve sufficient mass, but I don't think it's necessary.  Since they don't appear to eat their hosts, I've long believed that the aliens are capable of nourishing themselves with inorganic material. That being the case, it's possible that the egg was able to grow directly out of the floor.

Being a silicon-based biomechanoid has its advantages.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

If that's the case, why would the queen need to grow an egg sac at  all?  It seems inefficient.  Why not just sprinkle a few globules here and there and be done with it?

But the notion that the aliens don't seem to eat people seems to be largely true.  They must eat something though.  Otherwise why have a mouth, with such teeth?  Perhaps the evolutionary rationale does not apply if they were designed to be weapons...

There is no explanation that works 100% perfectly.  Alien 3 is an amazing film that works best when you just suspend disbelief.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 29, 2016, 10:45:34 PMIf that's the case, why would the queen need to grow an egg sac at  all?  It seems inefficient.  Why not just sprinkle a few globules here and there and be done with it?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 22, 2016, 03:02:44 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 09, 2014, 01:14:46 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 09, 2014, 12:48:29 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 08, 2014, 06:30:23 PM
No, the one about the queen oozing out a glob of goo that congealed in the subflooring of the hangar bay and then grew into the egg we saw.

Again, if she can do that, why does she naturally grow an egg sack? There'd be no point in it even existing.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 12, 2012, 04:41:51 AM
Well, the egg sac would allow for the rapid production of fully functional eggs.  This method would be much slower.  Theoretically, a soldier alien could produce eggs the same way.

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 09, 2014, 12:54:30 AM
unless it lets her rapidly produce eggs whereas not having one wouldn't.

:D

:D

:laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 29, 2016, 10:45:34 PM
If that's the case, why would the queen need to grow an egg sac at  all?  It seems inefficient.  Why not just sprinkle a few globules here and there and be done with it?

We already know that a regular drone alien can make eggs without a queen but it needs hosts for the egg.  The Queen maybe can just produce eggs more efficiently, but needs to build a giant ovipositor rendering it immobile and otherwise useless.  I don't think it's an egg sac, though, as an egg sac is basically used to hold dozens of eggs (like a spider does) and protect them from damage.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 01, 2016, 03:27:08 PM

We already know that a regular drone alien can make eggs without a queen but it needs hosts for the egg.  The Queen maybe can just produce eggs more efficiently, but needs to build a giant ovipositor rendering it immobile and otherwise useless.  I don't think it's an egg sac, though, as an egg sac is basically used to hold dozens of eggs (like a spider does) and protect them from damage.

Do we really know that?  I thought the original Alien film was the official one, not the one with egg-morphing..

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 02, 2016, 01:47:36 PM

Do we really know that?  I thought the original Alien film was the official one, not the one with egg-morphing..

It's a theory based on established concepts.  My ooze theory is no better.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 02, 2016, 01:47:36 PM

Well the Egg on the Sulaco was on both Versions of Alien 3. And i'm sure the Assembly cut was one of the earlier cuts made before the Theatrical cut. (Hense i consider the Assembly cut to be the films canon version) Now Considering the Queen Facehugger and the Egg on the Sulaco. Maybe The Queen can Secrete material needed for a bare minimum of 1 egg?

And i also include the Directors cut of alien wit the Egg Morphing to be the canonical version so i have to take that into account with my theory. But The Queen didn't kill anybody to make an egg up? Unless there was a Drone on board the Sulaco?

Or maybe we're just looking at it wrong.. The Scuttling sound at the end of Aliens, right after they have gone into Cryo-sleep post credit. Which means there's already something moving around on the ship (Which is a scary idea lol) which is Probably a Facehugger? So again let's just forget about the Egg being there which is a plot-hole in itself. And go with another theory.

So lets go with another theory.. Lets just throw the egg out completely. And assume there isn't an egg (A mistake on the film makers part) And there's only the Queen Facehugger? (Hense the Scuttling)  which got dropped off by the Queen herself at some point and waited in hiding until the moment to Face hug? That makes more sense.

To be honest, Regarding the Egg in the opening on Alien 3. They f**ked up simple as. It's a Glaring plot-hole one which has no explanation at all. The Alien Life-cycle up to that point doesn't Explain the egg being there. There's no realistic Time-slot or placement for it. None of the Crew could have placed it, neither could an Alien. IT was just there for the sake of being there.

Literally the only explanation for it is that the Queen Carried it with her on her back or something and then placed it down while she was hiding.

We just need to take the Egg out of the Equation here and things start to make more sense.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

But it's impossible to take the egg out of the equation because it is in the film, mistake or not.

It is also important to remember that there are 2 aliens in alien 3; the acid-spitter dog-alien, and also the queen inside Ripley.  So either there were 2 eggs, or an egg along with a live facehugger that made the skittering sound at the end of the film, or the queen egg is capable of laying 2 facehuggers.

Regardless, there are only 2 possibilities for an egg getting on the Sulaco.  Either the Queen brought in on board, or Bishop.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 17, 2016, 01:50:15 PMRegardless, there are only 2 possibilities for an egg getting on the Sulaco.  Either the Queen brought in on board, or Bishop.

One way or another, the queen brought it on board.  Bishop isn't even an option.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 17, 2016, 01:50:15 PM
But it's impossible to take the egg out of the equation because it is in the film, mistake or not.

It is also important to remember that there are 2 aliens in alien 3; the acid-spitter dog-alien, and also the queen inside Ripley.  So either there were 2 eggs, or an egg along with a live facehugger that made the skittering sound at the end of the film, or the queen egg is capable of laying 2 facehuggers.

Regardless, there are only 2 possibilities for an egg getting on the Sulaco.  Either the Queen brought in on board, or Bishop.

Pretty sure there's only one face-hugger in Alien 3. Which is the Queen Face-hugger which is capable of planting 2 embryos. Bishop bringing back an Egg by somehow getting to the nest before Ripley is unrealistic and unlikely considering his character, and besides if he brought back the egg he could have saved newt before Ripley. And Bishop directly said he can't directly harm or do actions that would cause harm to humans. Bringing back an Egg to harm the crew would negate his entire Behavior chip Androids now have.

The egg on the Sulaco is just a un-explained Plot-hole leftover from a movie that was in development hell,so because of that, The egg can never be truely explained, simply because there isn't a logical reason for it being there. And it's why nobody can come up with a definitive or logical reason.

That's why i said in order to explain how the facehuggers got onto the Sulaco realistically we need to remove the Egg out of the equation completely and start looking at it from a different perspective.  There's nothing to say 2 Face-huggers could have stalked Ripley from the Hive at some point. and sneaked onto the Drop-ship and simply waited for the perfect time to begin what they do best.

Vermillion

Vermillion

All Bishops in the series are androids. 
They all lie.
He brought it on board

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 17, 2016, 02:28:17 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Aug 17, 2016, 01:50:15 PMRegardless, there are only 2 possibilities for an egg getting on the Sulaco.  Either the Queen brought in on board, or Bishop.

One way or another, the queen brought it on board.  Bishop isn't even an option.

I don't see why it isn't an option.  He spent a lot of alone time crawling through the duct system and then out walking to the uplink tower.  He could have taken a quick detour to pick up an egg.  Secondly, he was hanging out by himself in a dropship at the end after he conveniently sedated Hicks.  He could have stepped out to pick up some groceries.  Platform was becoming too unstable my ass...

Bishop received conflicting instructions.  That is a fact.  He was told to secure the eggs by Burke, and he was told to destroy them by Ripley.  Whose instructions to follow?  Also, Bishop seems to operate on the 3 principles of robotics as follows:

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law

We all know how well that turned out in I Robot.  What if Bishop thought that by securing the eggs, he was assuring the safety of the human race by allowing humans to study the aliens?  Probable.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 19, 2016, 01:05:11 AM
Yeah, it's a dumb theory that only nitwits believe since Bishop never had a plausible opportunity to go off searching for eggs.

:laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed