Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 703,734 times)

windebieste

windebieste

It's one of the reasons I like it.  'ALIEN 3' depicts a cold, heartless and uncaring Universe where human beings are fragile and easily disposed of. 

It's a core theme in the whole series.  Shit, Man.  Parker was my favourite character... we should have him retconned back into the series.  Along with everyone else who died an 'unfair death'.

By the way, yes.  The egg(s) on board the Sulaco can be explained.  You have all the pieces right in front of you - you just haven't put  together properly yet.  ;D

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 19, 2016, 01:24:46 AMHe set the drop ship down in the egg level.  Pick one up.

If there was somewhere to land down there, he would've dropped Ripley off down there. They know Newt is going to be in the Hive somewhere, so why wouldn't he get her closer if it was an option?

They set down on the only landing pat there was.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 19, 2016, 12:23:00 AMI don't think it undermines it.

It does. The entire point of his character in the film is to have Ripley start out prejudiced against and mistrustful of him (thanks to Ash), only to have him prove himself to her over the course of the movie and have her eventually develop trust towards him.

If he's actually some evil company machine getting her impregnated with Aliens, even against his own will, it undermines all that.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 19, 2016, 12:23:00 AMSpoken like a true Alien 3 fanboy.   ;)

I was referring to the insinuation that writing off the third film is the "best solution" going forward.

There are a hundred other solutions, many of them arguably better and certainly far less divisive. People who keep saying scrapping film three is the only/best answer (to a problem that doesn't even really exist) just sound like narrow-minded Hix n' Noot nerds (regardless of whether they actually are or not). Maybe a retcon would be good, but maybe it would be total cack and just mess everything up. Claiming it's the outright best solution is pretty ignorant, especially as nothing's been made yet.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 19, 2016, 09:38:03 AM
Maybe a retcon would be good, but maybe it would be total cack and just mess everything up.
I would bet on the latter.

Vermillion

Vermillion

A:CM is the bible. 

It explains it perfectly.

Oy vey.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 19, 2016, 09:38:03 AM
Quote from: Vermillion on Jul 19, 2016, 01:24:46 AMHe set the drop ship down in the egg level.  Pick one up.

If there was somewhere to land down there, he would've dropped Ripley off down there. They know Newt is going to be in the Hive somewhere, so why wouldn't he get her closer if it was an option?

They set down on the only landing pat there was.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 19, 2016, 12:23:00 AMI don't think it undermines it.

It does. The entire point of his character in the film is to have Ripley start out prejudiced against and mistrustful of him (thanks to Ash), only to have him prove himself to her over the course of the movie and have her eventually develop trust towards him.

If he's actually some evil company machine getting her impregnated with Aliens, even against his own will, it undermines all that.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jul 19, 2016, 12:23:00 AMSpoken like a true Alien 3 fanboy.   ;)

I was referring to the insinuation that writing off the third film is the "best solution" going forward.

There are a hundred other solutions, many of them arguably better and certainly far less divisive. People who keep saying scrapping film three is the only/best answer (to a problem that doesn't even really exist) just sound like narrow-minded Hix n' Noot nerds (regardless of whether they actually are or not). Maybe a retcon would be good, but maybe it would be total cack and just mess everything up. Claiming it's the outright best solution is pretty ignorant, especially as nothing's been made yet.

I liked his character arc, He's unscrupulous. 

His maker, Bishop 2...if you think he is human...tried to coerce Ripley to not kill herself to save the Alien.

Bad programming.  lol

mez86

mez86

Couldn't the Egg been placed on the sulaco half way through the film before the drop ship returns to the bases to pick the crew up after the hive ambush.

Also the first time I watched alien 3 was on Channel 4 scify nights and their version of alien 3 had a alien and facehugger in the cryo room before the firestarts. So a alien could have snuck aboard the ship and was their to protect the egg until the next host came along.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: mez86 on Jul 21, 2016, 10:01:16 PM
Couldn't the Egg been placed on the sulaco half way through the film before the drop ship returns to the bases to pick the crew up after the hive ambush.

You mean by Ferro and Spunkmeyer?  Assuming they were traitors and working for Burke, where did they get the egg from?

Also, wouldn't it have taken the dropship quite a while to return to the Sulaco and then to the surface in time to be there when Hicks requested the evac, all without Gorman and the others knowing about it?  Or was Gorman in on it too?

Just how many traitors would this conspiracy have needed?

mez86

mez86

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 21, 2016, 10:30:08 PM
Quote from: mez86 on Jul 21, 2016, 10:01:16 PM

You mean by Ferro and Spunkmeyer?  Assuming they were traitors and working for Burke, where did they get the egg from?

Also, wouldn't it have taken the dropship quite a while to return to the Sulaco and then to the surface in time to be there when Hicks requested the evac, all without Gorman and the others knowing about it?  Or was Gorman in on it too?

Just how many traitors would this conspiracy have needed?
My memoir was fuzzy I thought the drop ship had returned to the sulaco but after I rewatched that scene I see that the ship remained on  the planet

Alien³

Alien³

Alien 3 gets a lot of shit for this.

But don't forgot, the scuttling facehugger sound after the credits of Aliens. :-*

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 21, 2016, 10:50:39 PM
Alien 3 gets a lot of shit for this.

But don't forgot, the scuttling facehugger sound after the credits of Aliens. :-*

A facehugger is more easily explained than an egg.  Alien 3 did that, not Aliens.

Alien³

Alien³

But what came first?

The facehugger or the egg?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 21, 2016, 11:00:05 PM
But what came first?

The black ooze.

Alien³

Alien³

Touché.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 22, 2016, 12:10:57 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 21, 2016, 11:00:05 PM
But what came first?

The black ooze.

Jeezus. It gets worse. Lol

comicsupreme

comicsupreme

It would have probably been the Queen laying an emergency egg or the writers could not think of a plausible explanation as to why the egg was there   ???

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Imagine the opening sequence was like this:

Shot one: Outside of Sulaco drifting in space
Shot two: Loading dock, zooming to dropship
shot montage:
- Queen sits inside of loading gears, lays egg, places it deep inside of gears, unseen to eyes, which blends in with wires, etc.
- Quick rundown of Queen ripping Bishop, Newt search, powerloader battle, Queen discarded into space vacuum
Shot four: Egg opens, Royal facehugger emerges.
Continuation of Alien3 opening (only with Royal facehugger in scenes)

I hope y'all are happy. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed