Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 730,524 times)

SM

SM

Gibson's original draft had soldiers boarding the Sulaco and being slaughtered by full grown Aliens.  Which wasn't terribly logical.

Think they might've got dropped from the second draft.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

They were, sorry, I should've pointed out I was referring to the second draft, which was far more refined.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Can someone point me to the second draft? I've only ever read the first one.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

If you PM me your email address I can send you a copy. It isn't available online, as far as I'm aware.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 03, 2014, 02:45:30 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 03, 2014, 02:31:24 AM
The problem there is the facehugger's behavior would then not make any sense. It would have been more likely for them to immediately seek out Newt and Ripley for impregnation, or to give Hicks a smoochy while he was comatose in the drop ship.

Unless we're going to go with the idea that they let their queen die for some reason, which doesn't seem in keeping.

I dunno. I think facehuggers tend to not attack until someone comes very close to them. And judging by where the Queen hid on the dropship, I don't think the facehuggers would have found Hicks inside. I think it's possible they could have snuck off and found a crevice somewhere to hide in until they felt the time to strike. From my observations, facehuggers have a more "wait and strike" kind of nature.

I dont think thats the way it is. In Alien we're shown that they can lay dormant for thousands of years and that they never react on their own. All eggs were intact and one moved only when Kane was nearby. It will always be puzzling why the hugger in A3 simply decided to get out to the world and start sightseeing the ship

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe royal facehuggers are more proactive.

Did Ripley jostle the one that opened right before she torched the nest?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 03, 2014, 02:05:26 PMIn Alien we're shown that they can lay dormant for thousands of years and that they never react on their own.
When are we shown that?  We see eggs and we see one react to Kane.  Beyond that we don't see much of anything.

SM

SM

Yup.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

We also saw all the other eggs ignore Kane, even the one he bumped into.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

We didn't see them ignore him.  We only saw that there was no visible reaction.  There is a difference.  ;)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Touche.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Am I the only one who imagines the facehugger in that egg going "Hey, buddy, do you mind? Some of us are trying to get some sleep around here..."

colonialmarine9

colonialmarine9

I think it was Bishop but he didn't actually know that he was doing it, since he is unable to harm humans or put them in harms way the company probably sent an override signal to Bishop to retrieve an egg for the Bio weapons division, after all he was made by Michael Weyland shown at the end of Alien 3. When the atmospheric processor started going critical maybe the queen layed a queen egg because she felt in danger and had the egg hidden from the main hive and Bishop found it. He put it under the cyro tubes so that it would awake during the journey and facehug one of the passengers and it will be easier to transport the alien through ICC. However the company turned off the signal and went back to normal and has no recollection of what he has done so he cannot tell Ripley like when he told her about Burke's plan by accident and it would serve the company to let Bishop to save the survivors in order to have a host. However the question is when did Bishop do this was it when Ripley went after Newt or when he went to bring down the dropship. I think it was went to bring down the dropship because I think there wasn't enough time to go back and fourth to the Sulaco and find the egg in the hive in 15 minutes. He could have tried to trick the survivors when he was bringing the dropship down as it could have been for the second time to act like he just got there. Any thoughts?   

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: colonialmarine9 on Jun 06, 2014, 02:00:14 PMHe put it under the cyro tubes so that it would awake during the journey and facehug one of the passengers and it will be easier to transport the alien through ICC.
Except Bishop got ripped in half the moment he stepped onto the Sulaco. Kinda hard to move an egg with no legs.

colonialmarine9

colonialmarine9

Sorry if i wasn't clear but I meant that he went before that to put the egg there either when he went out to get the dropship by remote or when ripley went after newt, not when he got ripped in half but way before that  :)

I forgot to mention that i believe that he did this off screen and went to the Sulaco 2 times one to put the egg and the other he got ripped in half

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed