Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 638,627 times)

SM

SM

That people would think Ripley would leave without being sure boggles the mind.

Slightly less mind boggling, but still fairly mind boggling is people would be so dismissive of her sacrifice on Fiorina.

Quoteit does?

Dialogue in the film implies it's destroyed.
The novelisation directly confirms it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This thread is like Groundhog Day.

SM

SM

A moment please...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Wonderful Harold Ramis.

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2014, 01:47:56 AM
A moment please...

yeah that was sad news. :'(

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2014, 01:37:47 AM
That people would think Ripley would leave without being sure boggles the mind.

Slightly less mind boggling, but still fairly mind boggling is people would be so dismissive of her sacrifice on Fiorina.

Quoteit does?

Dialogue in the film implies it's destroyed.
The novelisation directly confirms it.

ah yes I remember now.

Well as I said I always assumed she assumed it was destroyed, since  40 megatons is a pretty damn big explosion.*shrugs*

I still don't believe she would have had access to the Sulaco's nukes.

SM

SM

Probably not.  But if she wasn't sure it was gone, she would've waited until Hicks was well enough to do it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

In my head canon, Bishop suggested to her that he could hack into the ship's computer and "promote her" to a USCM lieutenant.  This would in turn grant her the authority to arm and launch the Sulaco's nukes.  ;D

This missing scene would have the added benefit of providing a clear explanation as to why she's suddenly "Leftenant Ripley" in Alien 3.

SM

SM

I just figured the Lieutenant was short for Flight Lieutenant (Commercial) based on her WY reinstatement.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I know.  I just wanted a clearer alternative explanation for it since no one ever calls her that in Aliens.

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2014, 02:04:07 AM
Probably not.  But if she wasn't sure it was gone, she would've waited until Hicks was well enough to do it.

You know that is pretty plausible, that actually does make sence. :o

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 25, 2014, 02:21:45 AM
In my head canon, Bishop suggested to her that he could hack into the ship's computer and "promote her" to a USCM lieutenant.  This would in turn grant her the authority to arm and launch the Sulaco's nukes.  ;D

This missing scene would have the added benefit of providing a clear explanation as to why she's suddenly "Leftenant Ripley" in Alien 3.

LMAO interesting theory. :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ripley's rank is a mess.

She's a Warrant Officer in Alien (although we don't find out until Aliens), she's a Lieutenant in Alien 3, and then Resurrection says she's a Lieutenant First Class.

SM

SM

To say nothing of her constantly changing registration number.

The line about her being a Warrant Officer is mentioned in the script for Alien, but was ultimately cut.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

No she says 'warrant officer' during the end transmission, doesn't she?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Van Leuwen called her "Officer Ripley" at the inquest, so there's that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed