Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 638,284 times)

SM

SM

Ash never really has an opportunity to study the adult.  Apart from possibly the deleted airlock scene he never even sees it.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Apart from Kane and himself everybody else got to see it,ironic considering how much he wanted to study it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe Mother scanned it with her Alien Detector (TM) and showed her data to Ash.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 22, 2014, 02:11:18 PM
It shows that Sulaco could detect an alien lifeform and even where it was and went, so theres no reason why Ripley or Bishop wouldn't tell the Sulaco computer to scan the ship for alien lifeforms

Where it was and where it went?  In the novelization?  While interesting the novelisation isn't the movie though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have more difficulty believing that the Ripley would have allowed the Sulaco to leave orbit without making certain the derelict was obliterated.  My head canon says that she was able to launch a nuke at the derelict's grid reference before settling down into hypersleep.  Just to be sure.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2014, 05:30:33 AM
I have more difficulty believing that the Ripley would have allowed the Sulaco to leave orbit without making certain the derelict was obliterated.  My head canon says that she was able to launch a nuke at the derelict's grid reference before settling down into hypersleep.  Just to be sure.

I've often thought this too except she probably couldn't have.  There's probably strict protocols to follow to launch nukes etc and I doubt, even if she wanted to, that Ripley would have been able to do it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe that's how she became a lieutenant.  ;)

Besides that, Hicks seemed confident that he could do it.  Unless he was just humoring Ripley, that is.

SM

SM

She'd wouldn't have left without being sure.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Is there a scene in the SM-fanfic version of Alien 3 that addresses this?

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2014, 05:38:58 AM
Besides that, Hicks seemed confident that he could do it.  Unless he was just humoring Ripley, that is.

Except that he was out.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

We don't know how much time elapsed between the queen's last stand and beddy-byes.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2014, 05:52:03 AM
We don't know how much time elapsed between the queen's last stand and beddy-byes.

Perhaps.

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 24, 2014, 05:45:29 AM
Is there a scene in the SM-fanfic version of Alien 3 that addresses this?

No need.  It's taken as read that it's destroyed.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Wouldn't the Derelict have also been destroyed when the Atmosphere Processor went up?Or was that further away?

SM

SM

It's implied the AP explosion took it out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed