Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 710,951 times)

stephen

stephen

We don't know what kind of info bishop was reading when he confirmed the alien was on board. I suggest that he was reading the bios an info showing the face hugger attached to ripley. That's enough to confirm their was one and that it was with us all the way. So ripley could have done all the checks in the world prior to entering hyper sleep and the sulacos computer verified that nothing untoward was going on.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 21, 2014, 04:38:01 PMWhen Bishop was accessing the flight recorder Ripley asked him was there an alien onboard. Bishop not only confirmed it was, but knew that it was also in the eev, so Sulacos computer knew about the lifeform and even where did it go, so a bioscan should definitely detect an alien lifeform onboard

Again, that could simply be due to the facehugger's motion.  And what's a "bioscan?"  Is this something that they've demonstrated in Alien or Aliens (outside of a cryotube, I mean)?  We're not talking about Star Trek here.

Quote from: stephen on Feb 21, 2014, 08:47:05 PM
We don't know what kind of info bishop was reading when he confirmed the alien was on board. I suggest that he was reading the bios an info showing the face hugger attached to ripley. That's enough to confirm their was one and that it was with us all the way. So ripley could have done all the checks in the world prior to entering hyper sleep and the sulacos computer verified that nothing untoward was going on.

Very good point.  If nothing else, the neuroscan would have been a definitive confirmation of the alien's presence.  The only question is why Bishop didn't tell Ripley that she (or Newt or Hicks) was impregnated during hypersleep.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 21, 2014, 01:43:11 PM
Forget hiding it, where did she even get one in the first place? I don't for one second buy into this "she can lay an egg without an egg sac" idea because if that's so, why does she have an egg sac at all? And she clearly isn't carrying an egg when she steps out of the lift at the end of Aliens.

I gave up trying to justify the presence of the egg a long time ago (and I love Alien 3), because any explanation is just a lame series of silly suppositions. The fact is, they f*cked up.
It's been theorised that the Queen could have been carrying a egg on her back between her spines,impossible to see from the full frontal angle of her emerging from the lift.

SM

SM

Indeed.  Safest place to carry an egg - since she was surrounded by them and it wouldn't hard to find one - would be between the spines on her back.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: stephen on Feb 21, 2014, 08:47:05 PM

In the novelization (and presumably the script), when asked whether the alien was onboard Bishop doesn't answer for a moment and Ripley grows impatient. Bishop told her to relax and that the answers are in the flight recorder but needs a minute to access it. Since then he said that the alien was on Sulaco, I feel pretty safe to assume the computer recorded and unknown life form, otherwise hed just say there was a movement detected which could've been an alien

stephen

stephen

So what's wrong with him accessing the bios am again?

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

It shows that Sulaco could detect an alien lifeform and even where it was and went, so theres no reason why Ripley or Bishop wouldn't tell the Sulaco computer to scan the ship for alien lifeforms

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Did it ever occur to you that it might have simply shown up on a security camera at some point when it was crawling around the hypersleep vault?  And you completely ignored the point that stephen raised about the neuroscan of the facehugger.

You seem pretty insistent that the ship had Star Trek technology and could perform sensor scans for lifeforms, but I can recall no precedent for such a thing in any of the Alien films.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Im not inferring that it has such technology, but Bishop asked the Sulaco computer whether there was an alien onboard and the computer confirmed it and even said where it went. If it did so, I think it isn't so crazy to assume that it could do it when they were still on sulaco. The bluray even shows an animation detecting the location of a foreign lifeform. As for Bishop not mentioning neuroscan, I think it can easily be answered by the fact that he was a wreck and accessing such big answers as to if alien was onboard took him some doing

SM

SM

It could simply, as Local Trouble said, be visible on security cameras.  Security camera software can record everything then show the person accessing it, whenever movement occurred.  Bishop just has to look at to when movement was detected during certain times.

Cameras were all they had on the Nostromo.  No Alien Detectors (TM).

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2014, 09:24:45 PM
It could simply, as Local Trouble said, be visible on security cameras.  Security camera software can record everything then show the person accessing it, whenever movement occurred.  Bishop just has to look at to when movement was detected during certain times.

Cameras were all they had on the Nostromo.  No Alien Detectors (TM).
Most of the cameras were probably out,requiring Ash to construct motion detectors,but they did get some security cam footage of quick glimpses of the creature in the air shafts.

SiL

SiL

There were no cameras in the air vents. Ripley tells Dallas they're blind on the lower decks before they take off.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Feb 22, 2014, 10:19:07 PM
There were no cameras in the air vents. Ripley tells Dallas they're blind on the lower decks before they take off.
I thought that strange too but I was referencing the Alien Lifecycle Easter egg.

SM

SM

How much Ash knew is never made clear.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Feb 22, 2014, 11:11:35 PM
How much Ash knew is never made clear.
The novel hints at an encounter between Ash and the Alien,maybe something similar could have happened in the film offscreen too,Ash's description of the creature during his interrogation could suggest he might have seen something the others weren't privy to or he could just be going by what he and the others have already seen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed