Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 640,660 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2014, 07:34:21 PM
Nobody said they would have to go around with flashlights. As A3 showed, a simple Sulaco computer scan of the ship would detect an alien lifeform onboard

What makes you so sure a "simple computer scan" would find it?  Ripley asked Bishop if the computer saw anything moving prior to separation.  An egg isn't going to set off a motion tracker or show up on a security camera if it's not moving and hidden.

FWIW, the Gibson script addresses this as well.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

You'd think a military ship of the Sulaco's caliber would have some pretty thorough detection capabilities, for detecting intruders as well as unwanted stowaways or foreign objects, like bombs.

I mean if a deep space salvage crew has a little robot that scans an entire room, why wouldn't the military have something to fulfill that function?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Marines lack Army discipline.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 21, 2014, 02:33:44 AM
You'd think a military ship of the Sulaco's caliber would have some pretty thorough detection capabilities, for detecting intruders as well as unwanted stowaways or foreign objects, like bombs.

I mean if a deep space salvage crew has a little robot that scans an entire room, why wouldn't the military have something to fulfill that function?

Maybe they did and it still didn't show up on a scan.  Weren't the marines unable to see the aliens in the nest with infrared?

Motion trackers may be the only way to detect these things.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'd argue this.

It could also be argued that maybe it did and Ripley didn't know how to read it and bishop could no longer access it.  If I showed somebody AFATDS without explanation they'd probably just be like, bruh.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That's a good point. It obviously detected it somehow via Bishop's playback on Fury, but the first thing he talked about was the fire. It's almost like he wouldn't even have mentioned it if Ripley didn't dig it out of him. Maybe the ship was the same way, and didn't register something like a facehugger as a threat or significant intruder.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

My own way of looking at it was that the Sulaco registered movement aboard but didn't necessarily translate that to a life form.  But when Ripley reactivates him all concerned about the Alien he puts 2 and 2 together.

I honestly can't remember what his exact wording was though I haven't watched any of the movies in awhile.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Maybe the computer mistook it for a Roomba.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2014, 03:59:24 AM
Maybe the computer mistook it for a Roomba.
:laugh: Hahahahaha.

Bishop used to laugh at Roomba jokes.

Then he took an arrow to the knee.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 21, 2014, 02:41:12 AM
I'd argue this.

It could also be argued that maybe it did and Ripley didn't know how to read it and bishop could no longer access it.  If I showed somebody AFATDS without explanation they'd probably just be like, bruh.
What I said on the previous page :)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 21, 2014, 03:53:36 AM
My own way of looking at it was that the Sulaco registered movement aboard but didn't necessarily translate that to a life form.  But when Ripley reactivates him all concerned about the Alien he puts 2 and 2 together.

I honestly can't remember what his exact wording was though I haven't watched any of the movies in awhile.

"Bishop was there an alien on board?!"

"It was with us. All the way."

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

We never saw the dropship docking procedure.  Perhaps the queen found an opportunity to hide the egg during that time.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Forget hiding it, where did she even get one in the first place? I don't for one second buy into this "she can lay an egg without an egg sac" idea because if that's so, why does she have an egg sac at all? And she clearly isn't carrying an egg when she steps out of the lift at the end of Aliens.

I gave up trying to justify the presence of the egg a long time ago (and I love Alien 3), because any explanation is just a lame series of silly suppositions. The fact is, they f*cked up.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

It was one of those hamsters from Aliens.  She brought it with her and eggmorphed it.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2014, 02:08:26 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 20, 2014, 07:34:21 PM
Nobody said they would have to go around with flashlights. As A3 showed, a simple Sulaco computer scan of the ship would detect an alien lifeform onboard

What makes you so sure a "simple computer scan" would find it?  Ripley asked Bishop if the computer saw anything moving prior to separation.  An egg isn't going to set off a motion tracker or show up on a security camera if it's not moving and hidden.

FWIW, the Gibson script addresses this as well.

When Bishop was accessing the flight recorder Ripley asked him was there an alien onboard. Bishop not only confirmed it was, but knew that it was also in the eev, so Sulacos computer knew about the lifeform and even where did it go, so a bioscan should definitely detect an alien lifeform onboard

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed