Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 706,012 times)

stephen

stephen

Like I said I've been floating this theory for years. As I said before, the biggest problem with the opening of alien 3 is the location of the egg.

SM

SM

QuoteTo allow the face hugger in the egg time to develop.

Since when do they need time to develop?

stephen

stephen

Why wouldn't they?  Same reason chickens don't hatch the second an egg is laid.

But if you don't like that idea then there's always the other thing.

SM

SM

QuoteWhy wouldn't they?

'Cos they're not chickens.

This whole carrying the egg around on a super-huggers back is terribly silly.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 10:39:53 PM
QuoteWhy wouldn't they?

'Cos they're not chickens.

Of course not.  But I'm just applying some logic.  In order for something to hatch out of an egg, it has to develop first does it not?  There's nothing in the films that indicates that the second an egg is laid the facehugger can hatch straight away.

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 10:39:53 PMThis whole carrying the egg around on a super-huggers back is terribly silly.

So you say.  I however don't think it's silly at all.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: stephen on Feb 19, 2014, 09:14:01 PM
Like I said I've been floating this theory for years. As I said before, the biggest problem with the opening of alien 3 is the location of the egg.

The royal hugger glued it to the wall with its spit.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 19, 2014, 10:55:41 PM
Quote from: stephen on Feb 19, 2014, 09:14:01 PM

The royal hugger glued it to the wall with its spit.

No what I meant was that it wasn't in the dropship.  Therefore if the queen did in fact lay the egg on the dropship, how the hell did it get to the location that we see it in.

Therefore, my theory, the one you're pretty much talking about, answers that.

SM

SM

QuoteSo you say.  I however don't think it's silly at all.

But I do and that's more important.

That aside it'd be handy if this theory had anything at all to back it up and wasn't based on stuff that was completely unprecedented.

Case in point...
QuoteThe royal hugger glued it to the wall with its spit.

QuoteIn order for something to hatch out of an egg, it has to develop first does it not?  There's nothing in the films that indicates that the second an egg is laid the facehugger can hatch straight away.

But why would it still need to develop when it's been gestating in the Queen's egg sac?  Bit stupid for it leave the egg sac undeveloped.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 10:58:50 PM

Lol of course it is.

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 10:58:50 PMThat aside it'd be handy if this theory had anything at all to back it up and wasn't based on stuff that was completely unprecedented.

You're quite right to some point.  Mine is just a theory.  I fully admit that.  But.... let's see what does back it up if at least not hard evidence:

1. There were two aliens in Alien 3.  The alien that was gestating inside Ripley and the alien that was running around killing people.  Up until that point our entire experience from the first two films was that an alien comes from a facehugger ergo, there must have been two facehuggers.
2. While not shown in the theatrical edition, there was a Royal Facehugger in the Assembly cut.  So if you argue that my point number 1 is invalid and state that a royal facehugger could implant two embryos instead of just one then I refer you to point number 3.
3. The egg was not in the dropship therefore it had have moved to the location we see it in somehow.
4. If you wish to argue that there is no such thing as a royal facehugger or wish to argue that we don't know exactly what a royal facehugger can do since nothing was really shown, then my theory still can support the fact that they're normal face huggers.

The whole point of this theory is to answer the problem of the location of the egg and the fact that there were two aliens.  Other theories usually don't answer the problem of the location of the egg and try just to answer the problem of there being two aliens.

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 10:58:50 PMCase in point...
QuoteThe royal hugger glued it to the wall with its spit.

I'll let alien3 answer this as this is not part of my theory.  But if I was to hazard a guess, we've seen alien warriors secret a resin that enables them to attach hosts to walls etc.  So there is precedence to a certain degree.

But yes you're right, there's nothing in the films that shows a Facehugger (or royal facehugger) can do such a thing.  Again it's just a theory that does have some backing from the films to a certain degree.  I certainly wouldn't call it hard evidence, more like circumstancial evidence.

QuoteIn order for something to hatch out of an egg, it has to develop first does it not?  There's nothing in the films that indicates that the second an egg is laid the facehugger can hatch straight away.

But why would it still need to develop when it's been gestating in the Queen's egg sac?  Bit stupid for it leave the egg sac undeveloped.
[/quote]

What eggsac?  The eggsac was still on LV426 when the Atmosphere processor blew.

SM

SM

That assumes - again - that the Queen laid it en route to the Sulaco and simply didn't bring it with her.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

:D

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 11:20:45 PM
That assumes - again - that the Queen laid it en route to the Sulaco and simply didn't bring it with her.

Quite right.  Except that we don't see her carrying the egg.  Sure the egg could be on her back like I'm suggesting the facehugger is but I find it far more believable that a facehugger is hitching a ride rather then an egg.

BUT if you want to go with that as a theory, you still have to explain how it ends up where we see it.

Local Trouble

stephen

stephen

so what exactly is absurd?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't really think it's all that absurd, although I can see why SM does.  For all we know, the eggs can use the tendrils that grow out of their base to reposition themselves.  No facehugger needed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed