Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 724,517 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2014, 06:50:43 PM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Jan 11, 2014, 06:44:10 PM
I can't see a hugger carrying an egg on its back, unless it does so like a hermit crab, from inside dragging it with its legs.  Rolling it is more likely.  Or dragging with the tail.

http://i39.tinypic.com/oupkz7.jpg

He posted a disclaimer underneath, "egg size debatable."

Here's a more accurate size comparison.

Hence my point on an emergency egg being smaller than a regular one, and not lasting as long.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The egg that we see isn't really shown next to anything that we can use to measure it anyway.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: Alien³ on Jan 11, 2014, 12:33:39 AM
This is a little piece called I've got some time to kill.

This is a theory of how the egg got on board the Sulaco.
I didn't come up with this theory but I have detailed it further.

Things to remember before reading:

• This only takes into account the Assembly Cut of Alien 3.
  • The writers of the film never included any of this.
  • Spoiler
    Life's too short.
    [close]

As the Queen leaves the hive after Ripley has destroyed it, one of the "Royal" facehuggers...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120626192517/avp/images/a/a7/Royal_Facehugger.png

...climbs on her back.

As Ripley, Newt, and Bishop are attending Hicks in the dropship, before they walk out into this shot...

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/aliens/dvdcaptures/dvdcapture521.jpg

...the Queen lays an emergency egg on top of the Royal facehugger which then carries it off into the hull of the Sulaco. The Royal facehugger is built to carry eggs, like so...

http://i39.tinypic.com/oupkz7.jpg
(Egg size is debatable.)

...The only onscreen evidence for these Royal facehuggers carrying eggs is the fact that the eggs are placed all over the ground in the hive (seen in Aliens.)

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/movies/aliens/dvdcaptures/dvdcapture478.jpg

I am aware that the drones/warriors can carry the eggs, but for the sake of argument these Royal facehuggers can also carry eggs in order to move them to more secretive locations, which is evident in the opening of Alien 3...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/avpgalaxy/avpg/forum/image002.jpg

So the egg hatches and the facehugger from the egg...

(You can see it's not a Royal facehugger)

...impregnates Ripley causing the fire that ejects the EEV to Fiorina 161. Along for the ride is the Royal facehugger, which impregnates the Ox and is later found by Murphy.

This theory can also be backed up by the sound of the scuttling facehugger at the end of Aliens, after the credits.

For me personally this is how it went down.

Dude this is a theory I've been posting for years.

The problem with the egg is not that there is one, it's the location.

SM

SM

QuoteI am aware that the drones/warriors can carry the eggs, but for the sake of argument these Royal facehuggers can also carry eggs in order to move them to more secretive locations, which is evident in the opening of Alien 3...

Why?

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 05:48:09 AM
QuoteI am aware that the drones/warriors can carry the eggs, but for the sake of argument these Royal facehuggers can also carry eggs in order to move them to more secretive locations, which is evident in the opening of Alien 3...

Why?

Isn't it obvious?

Alien³

Alien³

To ensure the survival of the species.

judge death

judge death

I watched Aliens but didnt hear any facehugger sound after the credits :/

SM

SM

Pump up the volume.

QuoteTo ensure the survival of the species.

Why wouldn't the hugger just, well, do what nature intended and hug someone?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 10:44:41 AM
QuoteTo ensure the survival of the species.

Why wouldn't the hugger just, well, do what nature intended and hug someone?

It did, after doing some sneaky work.

SM

SM

What was the point though?

Alien³

Alien³

To not be out in the open and exposed while it tries to rebuild the decimated species.

It didn't know how many people/threats were on the Sulaco.

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2014, 11:09:59 AM
What was the point though?

To allow the face hugger in the egg time to develop.  And also for the same reasons a lioness keeps moving her newborn cubs to different dens. Don't be where your enemy expect you to be seems to sum up the alien pretty well.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

That's a great theory, Alien3.

I'll point out the obvious and say that it has to be the royal facehugger that gets Ripley, but the way I imagine it, both of them approached the cryo tubes. The royal hugger went for Ripley, and the regular one for Newt. Somehow the royal hugger successfully got to Ripley, but the regular one cut itself on Newt's tube, starting the fire and ejecting everyone down to Fury.

After this, all it had to do was survive long enough to meet Spike.

This is one of the best explanations I've read yet. I really rike it. Nerd level 9 to you sir.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 19, 2014, 03:37:07 PMI'll point out the obvious and say that it has to be the royal facehugger that gets Ripley, but the way I imagine it, both of them approached the cryo tubes. The royal hugger went for Ripley, and the regular one for Newt. Somehow the royal hugger successfully got to Ripley, but the regular one cut itself on Newt's tube, starting the fire and ejecting everyone down to Fury.

A wise man once told me that it could have only been Hicks.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 19, 2014, 03:37:07 PM
That's a great theory, Alien3.

Cheers but its not my theory, I've just expanded it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed