Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 713,373 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

But when is it ever suggested the egg starts as just lumps off goo?

And I'm not saying they search the whole ship. Just if it was me, I'd have a look around in the cavity that the queen emerged from, for my own piece of mind. And whatever I found that was out of the ordinary, I'd flush it out the Gad-damn airlock.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 23, 2013, 07:37:00 AM
Yeah, my point was more that if I'd just had a huge smackdown with a giant alien matriarch that had come out of the dropship's underbelly, I'd be inclined to have a poke around to check there weren't any more before I tucked myself into bed.

^^ This....

The only place an egg could have been (hugely unlikely though it is) is on the dropship, which would probably have taken no more than 15-20 minutes to thoroughly search. Certainly, having seen an egg laying Queen alien clamber out of it not long before, you'd think the first thing Ripley (or anyone with half a brain) would do would be to have a root around for any unpleasant surprises. Still, they had to come up with a way to churn out another film I guess.....  :-\

Jarac

Jarac

It doesn't help that the freaking A:CM Stasis Interrupted DLC still left the thing as a mystery. But now we know it was pretty much right next to the pods.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Has there ever been any general consensus on this?

Frankly for me there just isn't a "likely" scenario, just a range of unlikely to outrageous.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The only way I can see is if the Queen brought an Egg aboard (gripped in her small arms) and stuffed it in the dropship underbelly somewhere.

That still doesn't cover the fact that a) the Queen visibly isn't holding anything when she exits the lift on LV-426, and b) as I said before, no way would anyone have gone to sleep on the Sulaco without at least checking over the dropship. But it's the only way that really makes an iota sense.

SM

SM

Stuck the egg between the spines on her back for protection (from the nasty lady with the gun, and the camera).

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2013, 10:52:37 PM
Stuck the egg between the spines on her back for protection (from the nasty lady with the gun, and the camera).
I remember reading about something like that,the Alien warrior's carrying their victim's on their backs to the nest in that old West End Games book from the early nineties.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Hey I always imagined that too! Hang their arms on the tubes.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The explanation Gibson gave in his unused script was a reasonable one (more so his second version, which doesn't add in extra warriors that appear out of nowhere). The egg grows from genetic material deposited inside Bishop when he's ripped in half. It's a stretch, but arguably more believable than what we see in the film.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 20, 2013, 08:34:33 AM
The explanation Gibson gave in his unused script was a reasonable one (more so his second version, which doesn't add in extra warriors that appear out of nowhere). The egg grows from genetic material deposited inside Bishop when he's ripped in half. It's a stretch, but arguably more believable than what we see in the film.

An interesting idea it was too, I wrote a story loosely based on it once only it didn't involve Bishop, but was rather more a part of the aliens own make up.  :)

irn

irn

It might have been suggested before in this thread but the egg could have been planted by WY or another organisation. I can't recall how many years are meant to have passed between Aliens and Alien 3 but perhaps after the clean up of what's left of Hadley's Hope, the egg was placed onto the Sulaco during automated refuelling or something, in order to get it to Gateway/Earth.

I dunno. It's yet another long shot.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The trouble with that is, if they're already moving eggs around, why bother to chase after the Sulaco and stick it on there? Just take it back to wherever yourself. Putting it on the Sulaco makes absolutely no sense.

irn

irn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 20, 2013, 01:09:22 PM
The trouble with that is, if they're already moving eggs around, why bother to chase after the Sulaco and stick it on there? Just take it back to wherever yourself. Putting it on the Sulaco makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah I agree but it could be developed further with a more corporate conspiracy backstory. Such as the whole utilising the alien for a bioweapon thing could be the intentions of a small group within Weyland-Yutani, rather than a major part. This creates a more sneaky and underhanded approach to dealing with it. So, for example, putting the egg on the Sulaco could be a way to get it to a certain location undetected.

It's not ideal but with work I think it could be feasable.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

That's non-sensical though when you think about it because Alien 3 is all about Weyland-Yutani trying to retrieve a live alien specimen and Ripley's ultimate sacrifice to prevent then from doing so. This wouldn't really make much sense whatsoever if the company already had access to live alien eggs to do with as they wished.

irn

irn

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 20, 2013, 01:30:20 PM
That's non-sensical though when you think about it because Alien 3 is all about Weyland-Yutani trying to retrieve a live alien specimen and Ripley's ultimate sacrifice to prevent then from doing so. This wouldn't really make much sense whatsoever if the company already had access to live alien eggs to do with as they wished.

Maybe they didn't count on a fire breaking out and the cryotubes on board being ejected. And they used the one and only remaining live egg. I dunno. Hah I sound like I'm trying to defend this idea. Like I said, it was just a brainfart. The egg on Sulaco problem is a tough one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed