Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 711,295 times)

BR1XER

BR1XER

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jul 12, 2013, 10:49:15 PM
I'd say it was David Fincher who stole the eggs from the hive, and planted them on the sulaco so that he could have a plot for alien 3
Hehe, good one.  ::)

I personally believe that a drone carrying an egg accompanied the Queen on the way to the Sulaco, and scampered off the dropship minutes after the Queen-to-Bishop incident. It then proceeded to make its way through the vents, and laid the egg in the barracks near the cryochambers. The drone's presence may also have a hand in kickstarting the infestation aboard the Sulaco in A:CM, if you count that as canon.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: jedi9061 on Jul 13, 2013, 05:06:32 AM
Hehe, good one.  ::)

I personally believe that a drone carrying an egg accompanied the Queen on the way to the Sulaco, and scampered off the dropship minutes after the Queen-to-Bishop incident. It then proceeded to make its way through the vents, and laid the egg in the barracks near the cryochambers. The drone's presence may also have a hand in kickstarting the infestation aboard the Sulaco in A:CM, if you count that as canon.

This is actually not the most ridiculous idea I've seen proposed for this godlike plot hole... but I think it's not likely as we see all of the drones at the Queen's disposal killed while in the hive. It also would've had to accompany her on the elevator ride, all the while remaining hidden from Rips. That would be some epic sneaky warrior there. :laugh:

But it's a hell of a lot better than what Gearbox came up with, I tell ya that! Would much prefer your version, especially if they tied it in with the WY ship that intercepts them encountering it, or the queen molt theory... could have video-game-level story potential.

irn

irn

I personally believe that a drone carrying an egg accompanied the Queen on the way to the Sulaco, and scampered off the dropship minutes after the Queen-to-Bishop incident.

Well there was that one on the dropship anyway that killed the pilot and caused it to crash. The dropship was back in the Sulaco with it on board so maybe it took an egg along and left it there. Or perhaps even started the process of egg morphing on a Sulaco crew member, if you're that way inclined.

TorsoInvader

TorsoInvader

lol the xeno stowaway theory has been around since alien 3 actually.

All gearbox had to have said was that one got onboard planted the egg(s) and went into hideing in the lower levels of the ship.Then it would change into a preatorian and go dormant,bam WY boards ship transfroms into a queen and the hive starts.

Gearbox should have payed one of us millions of dollars to write a story,instead of making the plot holes worse be letting someone who does not know what he is talking about write it.

BR1XER

BR1XER

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jul 13, 2013, 07:34:24 AM

That would be some epic sneaky warrior there.
I speculate that the drone nested itself on the Queen's back promptly after Ripley lit up the nest. It was probably ordered to do so, since the Queen knew shit was going down, and that she may never see the hive again. Aboard the Sulaco, the drone then "unloaded" from the Queen's back as it searched for Newt (with/without Bishop noticing). What's interesting is that if Bishop did indeed notice, but didn't alert Ripley, it would prove he still had a company agenda to fulfill.  :P

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

Quote from: irn on Jul 13, 2013, 11:53:31 AM
I personally believe that a drone carrying an egg accompanied the Queen on the way to the Sulaco, and scampered off the dropship minutes after the Queen-to-Bishop incident.

Well there was that one on the dropship anyway that killed the pilot and caused it to crash. The dropship was back in the Sulaco with it on board so maybe it took an egg along and left it there. Or perhaps even started the process of egg morphing on a Sulaco crew member, if you're that way inclined.
No way, first off it was a completely different drop ship because there were 2 in the sulacos hangar. The way I look at it was fox needed a story to make a 3rd alien that would rip people off because after the success of the first 2 they knew people would pay for a third one. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that there is no way an egg was snuck onto the sulaco (if you look at james Camerons intentions) and we will never know because fox has no idea how it got there either, they just made up a story that they didn't have to explain.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: DerelictShip on Jul 13, 2013, 04:34:25 PM

No way, first off it was a completely different drop ship because there were 2 in the sulacos hangar. The way I look at it was fox needed a story to make a 3rd alien that would rip people off because after the success of the first 2 they knew people would pay for a third one. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that there is no way an egg was snuck onto the sulaco (if you look at james Camerons intentions) and we will never know because fox has no idea how it got there either, they just made up a story that they didn't have to explain.

Pretty much sums it up....

irn

irn

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 14, 2013, 01:06:10 AM
I'm still sticking to my theory that it started out as a small, premature egg that the queen dripped out of her gaping wound.

I can live with this one. In fact this is now part of my official personal in-head canon.

However, how about the egg was formed by the queen having some Prometheus black goo on her which dripped off and turned blood from the wounded Hicks into an egg...

SM

SM

Fox didn't make anything up - they got Brandywine to hire writers to sort that out.

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: SM on Jul 14, 2013, 11:30:49 PM

Fox didn't make anything up - they got Brandywine to hire writers to sort that out.

I think this just lends credence to the idea that FOX doesn't really care about the franchise's writing or consistency and just puts something on-screen even if it flies in the face of what you know (and not in a good revelation way).

SiL

SiL

You mean by operating like every other studio ... ?

SM

SM

Quite.  Fox didn't create Alien.  Fox don't create anything.  They finance others to do it for them.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

For better or worse, I consider Giler and Hill the authority on Alien lore if anyone can be given that label at all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed