Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 641,366 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

There are countless explanations we can make up to explain this little egg appearing here. I could make up with, literally, anything I want. I could even say it was a teleporting magic squirrel that brought the egg here. Fact is, I don't think there's really a viable explanation that's reasonable context taken.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: Snowdog on Dec 27, 2011, 12:18:56 PM
Or maybe it was bishop all the time ::)

Oh, let Bishop rest in peace as a good guy, please!  :D

Maybe it was much much smaller and developed further on the ship into a full grown facehugger egg. could be right ?

Could be. But as I said before, the notion of the self-growing egg outside of the Queens egg sack doesn't sound quite solid to me... if only the sack wasn't purported to decelerate its content lest all the eggs hatched the superfacehuggers, lol... what is absurd...

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: aliennaire on Dec 27, 2011, 12:43:22 PM
Or maybe it was bishop all the time ::)

Oh, let Bishop rest in peace as a good guy, please!  :D
Eh Bishop seemed all too happy to remote pilot the ship.... as if he had just done it 10 minutes ago.

;D

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

By accepting that Bishop is the reason, youre accepting that:

1) Bishop got hold of an egg somehow. He couldnt get it in the lab because the lab only had facehuggers, not eggs. He also couldnt go into the hive - we see remotely piloting the dropship and he doesnt go anywhere else. Then Ripley goes into the hive, theres no Bishop there. He didnt follow her and even of he did somehow, Ripley blasted all the eggs anyway. And he couldnt land anywhere there anyway
2) He hid it on the dropship and went to pick up Ripley
3) They return to the Sulaco, land, then Bishop gets ripped in half by the queen
4) After the survivors (including Bishop) are in stasis, he somehow wakes up (despite the fact that Ripley programmed the tubes), drags himself out of the stasis chamber and drags himself to the dropship.
5) He then hauls himself aboard the dropship, finds his hiding spot for the egg, hauls it out of the dropship and into the armory on the Sulaco (an impressive feat with no legs and just 2 arms to move himself and the egg!)
6) He then somehow sticks it upside down under the table or something, whilst still basically just being an upper torso.
7) He then drags himself back to the stasis pods and climbs back in.

Its much easier to accept that the queen simply laid an egg while on Sulaco to ensure the survival of the species and the egg got sucked in in that position because of the air coming out through the airlock. This theory is also filled with holes but its still more logical and plausible

And I agree, Bishop was a good guy, let him rest in peace! :laugh:

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 27, 2011, 04:59:26 PM
By accepting that Bishop is the reason, youre accepting that:

1) Bishop got hold of an egg somehow. He couldnt get it in the lab because the lab only had facehuggers, not eggs. He also couldnt go into the hive - we see remotely piloting the dropship and he doesnt go anywhere else. Then Ripley goes into the hive, theres no Bishop there. He didnt follow her and even of he did somehow, Ripley blasted all the eggs anyway. And he couldnt land anywhere there anyway
2) He hid it on the dropship and went to pick up Ripley
3) They return to the Sulaco, land, then Bishop gets ripped in half by the queen
4) After the survivors (including Bishop) are in stasis, he somehow wakes up (despite the fact that Ripley programmed the tubes), drags himself out of the stasis chamber and drags himself to the dropship.
5) He then hauls himself aboard the dropship, finds his hiding spot for the egg, hauls it out of the dropship and into the armory on the Sulaco (an impressive feat with no legs and just 2 arms to move himself and the egg!)
6) He then somehow sticks it upside down under the table or something, whilst still basically just being an upper torso.
7) He then drags himself back to the stasis pods and climbs back in.

Its much easier to accept that the queen simply laid an egg while on Sulaco to ensure the survival of the species and the egg got sucked in in that position because of the air coming out through the airlock. This theory is also filled with holes but its still more logical and plausible

And I agree, Bishop was a good guy, let him rest in peace! :laugh:

I am SO sure I have read the same thing before somewhere. May be earlier in this thread.
But well put, StrangeShape.
It cannot be Bishop. And shouldn't be.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

You sure did. 2 years ago someone posted it here and I copied it ever since.
My theory is that the egg is in such weird position because the escaping air pulled it and stuck it this way. One problem remains, how did the queen lay an egg when Bishop and Newt were watching, and how didnt Ripley and Bishop check with bioscan for more alien organisms after finding out that one (Queen) stowed away, and how didnt they check the whole ship thoroughly after

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: StrangeShape on Dec 27, 2011, 05:24:23 PM
You sure did. 2 years ago someone posted it here and I copied it ever since.
My theory is that the egg is in such weird position because the escaping air pulled it and stuck it this way.
I agree. I stick to this theory too. It could also reinforce the theories regarding its size: It was small enough to be picked up by the force of the vacuum.

QuoteOne problem remains, how did the queen lay an egg when Bishop and Newt were watching?
This means that the egg was either brought separately and kept somewhere or the Queen laid it while en-route to the Sulaco and kept it somewhere or that the Queen brought it herself within her back-pipes and kept it in the landing gear.

Quotehow didnt Ripley and Bishop check with bioscan for more alien organisms after finding out that one (Queen) stowed away, and how didnt they check the whole ship thoroughly after
They should have.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 27, 2011, 05:35:51 PM
Quotehow didnt Ripley and Bishop check with bioscan for more alien organisms after finding out that one (Queen) stowed away, and how didnt they check the whole ship thoroughly after
They should have.

Yes, knowing Ripley's meticulousness and the scope of detestation towards these species ("24 hours for decontamination", "nuke the entire site from the orbit") she certainly should have set on fire the landing deck and shove off the dropship into the outerspace, lol.

Spoiler
Xenoborg, Happy 19th B-Day!  ;D
[close]

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: aliennaire on Dec 27, 2011, 06:53:53 PM
Yes, knowing Ripley's meticulousness and the scope of detestation towards these species ("24 hours for decontamination", "nuke the entire site from the orbit") she certainly should have set on fire the landing deck and shove off the dropship into the outerspace, lol.
May be she was too tired :)

Quote from: aliennaire on Dec 27, 2011, 06:53:53 PM
Spoiler
Xenoborg, Happy 19th B-Day!  ;D
[close]
Thanks a lot aliennaire!!  ;D ;)

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Even IF the Queen laid the damn egg on the Sulaco, the vacuum of space would have sucked the damn thing out of there! It obviously was in a place where somebody could have seen it before entering hypersleep. In any case, Ripley, Bishop, Newt all would have logically seen the damn thing even before it was sucked out along with Queenie. Game... set... match...

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

It got stuck on some wall, and the force was pretty strong.
If only the air-lock was open for some more time, it would have violently been sucked out too.
That's what I think.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 27, 2011, 11:10:14 PM
If only the air-lock was open for some more time, it would have violently been sucked out too.
That's what I think.
Still got to call bull on that. What? Did the Queen Queef it out onto the wall without... ANYBODY noticing? Sorry, no sale.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: Gunflyer on Dec 27, 2011, 11:12:40 PM
Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 27, 2011, 11:10:14 PM
That's what I think.
Still got to call bull on that. What? Did the Queen Queef it out onto the wall without... ANYBODY noticing? Sorry, no sale.
The Queen did no-.. Did you even read the previous page?
The Queen did not.
Bishop did not.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Bishop did it while the crew was on the bug hunt. First thing first. How did the egg get there before anyone figures out how the hell it got up a wall and why Ripley brainfarted... oh wait maybe bishop said he already scanned the area remotely... probably even used the unheard of sulaco computer voice. he he he.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcFnvULy8zA#ws

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

The movie tells us, that he didn't say anything like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed