Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 640,276 times)

bambi_burster

bambi_burster

I agree with with Fox owner said that they should cut the scene from the theatrical version of the alien being captured because it appears to decrease the mythical elements and power of the beast. I just don't understand how the opening went unnoticed. In each of the different script ideas no explanation of how alien/aliens arrived on the Sulaco etc.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

I think that they felt it would be cool to keep the beginning a complete suspense and give out limited and misdirecting information.

bambi_burster

bambi_burster

it certainly a hash of an edit, lots of cuts. Ive noticed that the Sulaco doesn't look like the craft from the previous film, plus the cryo tubes are different. (I do like the film by the way.)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Those were both creative liberties taken by Fincher.

bambi_burster

bambi_burster

what did you think when you first saw the egg etc???????????????

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: bambi_burster on Dec 24, 2011, 09:00:24 PM
"Oh she stuck one up there!!"

bambi_burster

bambi_burster

lol. I just thought that seems really small for an alien egg..................hold on how did it get there????????? oh no not ripleyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Quote from: bambi_burster on Dec 24, 2011, 09:03:01 PM
lol. I just thought that seems really small for an alien egg..................hold on how did it get there????????? oh no not ripleyyyyyyyyyyyyy
This too.
I watched Alien3 numerous times and after every single time, I had newer questions in mind.

bambi_burster

bambi_burster

I doubt the answers will ever be given. does anyone know of Ridley Scott's opinion of Alien 3

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: bambi_burster on Dec 24, 2011, 09:11:48 PM
I doubt the answers will ever be given. does anyone know of Ridley Scott's opinion of Alien 3
I've only heard him outright praise Aliens, and he generalised that the other sequels were "all good". His son actually worked on Alien 3 as a concept artist, and Ridley visited the set during filming and spoke to Fincher. He can be seen interviewed on the set in Alien Saga I believe (it's one of the docs, at least).

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

Quote from: bambi_burster on Dec 24, 2011, 09:00:24 PM
I think you all know what I thought, but just in case you don't, I said "Bullshit". When the hell did she lay that? Before or after she was thrown out of the frickin' airlock? Because I'm pretty sure she didn't have the requisite ambulatory birthing apparatus or the time to lay an egg before impaling Bishop.

SM

SM

If she brought it with her, there was no need to lay it.

The Xenoborg

The Xenoborg

Which she didn't, as seen in the film.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Alright lets just bug out and call it even. How about this. There was a theory of a gas that could morph humans into aliens. Lets just say when ripley whacked the queen upside the head with the loader the Queen had a bit of flatulence and farted out said gas. I mean come on, she is a weapon, thus her farts must also be weaponized. She was pretty big and it's not impossible that the gaseous concoction floated around for a bit before getting stuck to the ceiling somewhere else on the sulaco. Thus explaining how an egg could have magically appeared.

I mean come on, if the space jockey are as perverted as Ridley is making them out to be then they surely must have thought about this. Maybe the egg sack was just to control her flatulence so she could willfully place the eggs where she wanted them.

SM

SM

Quote from: The Xenoborg on Dec 27, 2011, 08:58:19 AM
Which she didn't, as seen in the film.

You don't see her from behind after she leaves the nest.

As seen in the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed