Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 729,511 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:30 PM
100 years from now people will still be debating it...
'Till 2179.
Maybe this will be a school subject, in the trivia section of history books. 'A question that boggled our ancestors 168 years ago - where did that egg in Alien3 come from?' Cue in article.

Vakarian

Vakarian

My best guess is that the Queen planted it whist waiting for Ripley getting into her power loader or maybe when she was stowed in the dropship.

SM

SM

Can't be the former because the Queen was chasing Newt and Bishop was watching her chase Newt.

stephen

stephen

As I said - if you don't want to accept the fact that Bishop never actually said there was only one alien have a look at what else he said:

"it's very dark here Ripley, I'm not what I used to be"

He was smashed to bits and he was obviosly having problems accessing the data.

Ac!d4Blood

Ac!d4Blood

I rather like the idea of Burke been an artificial person, they dont show how he died so maybe
somehow he manage to get an egg on the Sulaco.

SM

SM

QuoteAs I said - if you don't want to accept the fact that Bishop never actually said there was only one alien have a look at what else he said:

No he wasn't.  He was trying to dodge Ripley's question about something moving around on the ship, because he knew she wouldn't like the answer.  When she presses him, he answers directly and without any room for debate.  And they always talk in the singular.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 01, 2011, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:30 PM
100 years from now people will still be debating it...
'Till 2179.
No.
In the year 7510.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

If God's a-comin' he ought to make it by then
Maybe he'll look around himself and say
Guess it's time for the Judgement day

stephen

stephen

Quote from: SM on Jun 02, 2011, 12:12:12 AM
QuoteAs I said - if you don't want to accept the fact that Bishop never actually said there was only one alien have a look at what else he said:

No he wasn't.  He was trying to dodge Ripley's question about something moving around on the ship, because he knew she wouldn't like the answer.  When she presses him, he answers directly and without any room for debate.  And they always talk in the singular.

Nonsense.  He was smashed to bits and specifically states that "he's not what he used to be".

There is nothing to indicate that he was trying to dodge Ripley's question.

Just because he is eventually able to answer her question doesn't mean that he didn't have problems accessing it.

SM

SM

QuoteThere is nothing to indicate that he was trying to dodge Ripley's question.

Except for the fact that he displays no actual difficulty in accessing anything from the flight recorder.

Ripley asks him if he can access the data.  - "No problem".  He instantly links in, instantly tells her her about the fire, and where it was.  Then when she asks him about something moving around, he stalls trying not to give her bad news.  When she presses he tells her, not only was something moving around - it was an Alien, it was with them in the EEV as well, and the Company knows all about it too.

But, you expect us to believe he knew all this - but didn't bother to correct himself with "Oh sorry, Ripley - there was a couple of Aliens."

stephen

stephen

I say again, just because he could actually access the data is no indication that it wasn't difficult.

Given that he expressly states that it was difficult is a clue.

I completely understand that your statement of events is likely, and quite likely probable given the film makers intentions when they were actually making the film.

However, given that there is a plot hole (depending on how you want to look at it) I am trying to show how that a plot hole could be fixed.

So, taking on board your comments, I reiterate my stance.  That Bishop states quite clearly that he was having trouble accessing the data and this would fit in with my theory.

Yes I know mine is just a theory.

SM

SM

Again, he says it to try and spare Ripley, and shows no actual signs of having trouble to access anything.

stephen

stephen

You've made an assumption that he says it to try to spare Ripley.

But I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Frankly I don't see why its such a leap to think that Bishop actually was having difficulty (in relation to fixing the egg on sulaco plot hole).

Far less of a leap in my opinion then some other wild ass theories out there.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Okay finaly came back to this thread. So what have i missed? any conclusions?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Guts on Jun 02, 2011, 05:21:49 AM
Okay finaly came back to this thread. So what have i missed? any conclusions?
Hell no!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed