Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 729,050 times)

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on May 08, 2011, 11:38:57 PM
The facehugger sound was nothing but a joke that James Cameron did as a sorta, "final jump" scare for the viewers.

Facehuggers carrying eggs?  :-\

I got the theory from someone at Alienexperience.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

;). I personally prefer the tentacle walking egg theory.

SM

SM

Can't think of a reason for a hugger to move an egg.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I've sort of accepted that the Queen brought an egg with her and stuck it to the wall while no-one was looking. It still doesn't sound right but it's the most plausible.

Why they didn't just have a stray facehugger without showing an egg at the beginning of A3 - which would've made more sense - is beyond me...

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Sgt. Apone on May 08, 2011, 08:36:05 PM

At the end of Aliens, we hear a facehugger crawling around. Maybe it hitched a ride on the drop ship with the queen. Then, it moved the egg that the queen laid closer to the cryotubes.

Couple of problems with that. First of all, after finding out that the Queen managed to sneak in the dropship and into the Sulaco, theres no possible way Bishop and Ripley wouldnt scan and search every inch of he dropship and the Sulaco for any more aliens onboard. Secondly, the facehugger still couldnt possibly know where the cryoroom is and even more so, open the doors to it (and the cryoroom was on a different level as far as I know, so it would also have to use elevator). Also, it makes no sense for a facehugger to move eggs instead of impregnating by himself, also it doesnt make sense to wait 2 weeks.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Cut out that one half second shot of the egg and the problem is solved. Everyone would just say the facehuggers hitched a ride on the Queen and his in the dropship. Kind of weird how that works.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Still, the bioscans would detect it and Ripley and Bishop would sure make a thorough check for any more unwanted passengers. And why didnt it attack any of the crew members right away, why did it wait 2 weeks and how did it got to the cryo chamber

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Poor scripting.
As much as I like Alien 3, it was way too rushed. I know that it was in development for a while but when you start shooting before your script is finished, things won't go very well.
You do that, you will wind up with lots of plot holes
...unless you are Francis Ford Coppola.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

I absolutely understand, Im just saying that theres really no plausible theory as of yet to cover that hole up

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Not saying there is.
This glaring error is very frustrating. I like the film, always have even before I was a hardcore fan of the series.
It gives the people who hate it ammunition. It gives the people who love it something they wished could be improved upon. It gives the people who worked on it a bad rap as being lazy.

A friend once told me that if the positions of Alien 3 and Aliens had been switched, with Ripley escaping from Fury 161 and making it back to Earth before living out the events of Aliens, the series would have worked better.
I wonder sometimes.

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: StrangeShape on May 09, 2011, 05:01:49 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Apone on May 08, 2011, 08:36:05 PM

At the end of Aliens, we hear a facehugger crawling around. Maybe it hitched a ride on the drop ship with the queen. Then, it moved the egg that the queen laid closer to the cryotubes.

Couple of problems with that. First of all, after finding out that the Queen managed to sneak in the dropship and into the Sulaco, theres no possible way Bishop and Ripley wouldnt scan and search every inch of he dropship and the Sulaco for any more aliens onboard. Secondly, the facehugger still couldnt possibly know where the cryoroom is and even more so, open the doors to it (and the cryoroom was on a different level as far as I know, so it would also have to use elevator). Also, it makes no sense for a facehugger to move eggs instead of impregnating by himself, also it doesnt make sense to wait 2 weeks.

As I said, I'm repeating this theory I heard. I dn't really believe it myself.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I just prefer to see Aliens as the end. I watched Alien 3 when I got the Blu-Ray anthology set for the first time in years. Whilst I think Alien 3 is not a bad film by no means, that big plot hole of the egg was always the huge turn off for me about that film.

So, I like to just believe that Aliens was the conclusion.

Pn2501

Pn2501

I don't discount alien3 because of it, it wax a plot device and I accept it, just as ripley floating for 57 years and the company, (and or the operatives who sent Order 937)  colonists, and surveyors not finding the derelict in the above mentioned 57 years.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Pn2501 on May 09, 2011, 11:54:42 PM
I don't discount alien3 because of it, it wax a plot device and I accept it, just as ripley floating for 57 years and the company, (and or the operatives who sent Order 937)  colonists, and surveyors not finding the derelict in the above mentioned 57 years.

Good point about the "surveyors not finding the derelict in the above mentioned 57 years."

haha :P

Pn2501

Pn2501

Don't worry the cameron apologists will be here soon. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed