OWLF Recordings

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2020, 07:15:49 PM

Author
OWLF Recordings (Read 12,392 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I get the feeling that the tapes usually spawn under special cercumstances. Anyone else get that feeling too?
Its as if sometimes and only times when a game is unusually quiet or that you've sucessfully mowed down the predator past two medical emergencies within the first 5 minutes of the match does it pop up.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: acrediblesource on May 11, 2020, 08:56:08 PM
I get the feeling that the tapes usually spawn under special cercumstances. Anyone else get that feeling too?
Its as if sometimes and only times when a game is unusually quiet or that you've sucessfully mowed down the predator past two medical emergencies within the first 5 minutes of the match does it pop up.

I wouldn't know much about special parameters but I have found them in private matches fairly quickly. My first was almost a minute away from my spawning.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: shadowedge on May 11, 2020, 07:44:28 PM
Awesome,  glad you are happy with it! I think the designs look amazing too! Really wonderful what they did with the faces and staying true to the Winston designs instead of the broken jawed new ones.  Plus they can close their mouths!

#StanTheMan

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 12, 2020, 12:01:31 AM
Quote from: shadowedge on May 11, 2020, 07:44:28 PM
Awesome,  glad you are happy with it! I think the designs look amazing too! Really wonderful what they did with the faces and staying true to the Winston designs instead of the broken jawed new ones.  Plus they can close their mouths!

#StanTheMan

https://66.media.tumblr.com/3ab7516e3eaa79a11367a3fedcc516b6/tumblr_nl7pj5D1nC1u1vwpho2_500.gif

https://66.media.tumblr.com/35be99234853e4b07901724ae9db7fe3/tumblr_or8kglRR9l1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Absolute masterpieces 😭😭😭❤️❤️❤️

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: shadowedge on May 10, 2020, 05:23:37 PM
Spoiler
Only part I didn't like was the comment about the speculation of the Predators not inventing their own tech. That makes them weaker as a species. It's better that they did invent their own tech since that shows how smart they are as a species rather then taking it from somewhere else.
[close]

That's a theory that I've always quite liked in regards to the Predators.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 11, 2020, 09:15:39 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on May 11, 2020, 08:56:08 PM

I wouldn't know much about special parameters but I have found them in private matches fairly quickly. My first was almost a minute away from my spawning.

We've also found that they tend to spawn a lot on the Railyards/Trainyards (can't remember what it's called atm) map.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2020, 08:22:56 AM
Quote from: shadowedge on May 10, 2020, 05:23:37 PM
Spoiler
Only part I didn't like was the comment about the speculation of the Predators not inventing their own tech. That makes them weaker as a species. It's better that they did invent their own tech since that shows how smart they are as a species rather then taking it from somewhere else.
[close]

That's a theory that I've always quite liked in regards to the Predators.

Would them figuring out how to use stolen tech and making it their own really make them any less? I mean its already impressive when humans manage to figure out Pred tech in other media. Re-Engineering alien tech takes a whole lot of intelligence after all since its a whole different form of sciences and engineering that no one would be familiar with, its uncharted territory by then.

So if anything, it would still make them smart right?

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Even if they aren't the ones to have actually made those advances they are clearly knowledgeable enough on how to build it and maintain it. They pilot spaceships, have wormholes, and a shoulder mounted plasma weapon sometimes in bulk just casually on them. They even made a giant brick shithouse of an assassin so clearly they know a thing or six about genetics. If they're just getting technology from another race I'd have a problem with that but if the tech was taken from another and just adapted to fit them, that's fine.

Corporal Hicks

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2020, 05:35:45 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/predator-hunting-grounds/owlf-recordings/

Transcriptions of all recordings.

Ah wicked! You are awesome, Hicks, or, I guess Xenomorphine! Thanks!

Wweyland

Wweyland

So no Arnold voiceover there. What did he record for?

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Wweyland on May 15, 2020, 08:07:48 PM

Dutch's tapes are not a part of OWLF recordings.

Here is one of them.

http://players.brightcove.net/219646971/default_default/index.html?videoId=6155880165001

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 15, 2020, 05:35:45 PM
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/predator-hunting-grounds/owlf-recordings/

Transcriptions of all recordings.

Man the story told in those recordings is awesome. Perfect for a Predator movie, I was loving the whole thing. Shame they included Stargazer. I don't want that disgusting movie being referenced in anyway Predator media. Let it die.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: molasar on May 15, 2020, 08:45:09 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on May 15, 2020, 08:07:48 PM

Dutch's tapes are not a part of OWLF recordings.

Here is one of them.

http://players.brightcove.net/219646971/default_default/index.html?videoId=6155880165001

Once the new DLC is out, we'll post them all up too.

Xenamorpha

Xenamorpha

I can confirm that Hicks is correct with regard to the OWLF Recordings being common on the Derailed Map. However, I read earlier in this thread or somewhere else--I'm not sure--that one must have a perfect match to keep the recording. I thought so, too, as I had found one on the Derailed Map in the big warehouse with the chemical bombs, but I found later that I had never lost it: I still kept it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed