OWLF Recordings

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2020, 07:15:49 PM

Author
OWLF Recordings (Read 12,199 times)

Kailem

Kailem

Got my first OWLF tape tonight; by killing a fire team member as the Predator and looting it off his corpse! :laugh:

So yeah that's a thing you can do, so be sure to keep an eye out for anything bright and shiny with the usual diamond pickup icon when you're claiming trophies (especially if it drops from the last guy at the end of the match!).

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: Kailem on May 03, 2020, 12:49:56 AM
Got my first OWLF tape tonight; by killing a fire team member as the Predator and looting it off his corpse! :laugh:

So yeah that's a thing you can do, so be sure to keep an eye out for anything bright and shiny with the usual diamond pickup icon when you're claiming trophies (especially if it drops from the last guy at the end of the match!).

Awesome to know! Good looking out

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I have accumulated 4 OWLF tapes so far. All in Quick Play and none in Private Matches, so I've given up on the RidgeTop method.

The last two I found as a Predator and then immediately gave up hunting the fire team to avoid the risk of losing it. The fireteam never had it so easy!  :D

Quote from: Kailem on May 03, 2020, 12:49:56 AM

Congrats Kailem!  I had no idea you can swipe it though!  I wonder if a fireteam member can do the same, i.e. take it from a dead fireteam member?  If so, I'll be sure to shoot an exploding barrel when they're standing by one!   ;D

Kailem

Kailem

I think you can. A few of us were on last night and we found a tape (which we were all able to grab, so it seems it's not just something one person can collect at a time), then a bit later Ridgetop got killed and it appeared next to his body.

Nobody picked it up since we all had it already, but it definitely still gave me the prompt when I went near it. So definitely something to keep an eye out for!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on May 05, 2020, 03:29:16 PM
I think you can. A few of us were on last night and we found a tape (which we were all able to grab, so it seems it's not just something one person can collect at a time), then a bit later Ridgetop got killed and it appeared next to his body.

Nobody picked it up since we all had it already, but it definitely still gave me the prompt when I went near it. So definitely something to keep an eye out for!

So is this confirmation that all 4 fireteam members (and a Predator for that matter) can pick up the same recording and finish with it, if alive?

Kailem

Kailem

Yep. We all got out with it, except Ridgetop who couldn't make it back to his body in time after getting reinforced.

I noticed on the recent patch notes there was something about "fixing an issue with collectibles not registering", so I feel like there was probably a bug that prevented me from getting the one we found when we were playing together.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Ah. Excellent!

Kailem

Kailem

Oh yeah, I also noticed you get a little OWLF tape-looking icon on your hud next to your veritanium icon that indicates when you've picked one up, so that's good to keep an eye out for too if you pick one up off a dead body or something (unless it's still glitched).

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I noticed that icon too when I got my first one with you.

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

So far I've only found 2 OWLF recordings and both were from private matches as the predator. I used the whole 15 minutes to search. I found both inside buildings

shadowedge

shadowedge

I recently listened to all the OWLF recordings on YouTube and I must say well done to illfonic and Jake Busy on these. Really expands the lore and such good voice work.

Spoiler
Like that Dutch is still alive and playing a big part, lots of Predator 2 references. Same with Harrigan.

Like the female Predator wiping out Ditches team and wounding him too.

Only part I didn't like was the comment about the speculation of the Predators not inventing their own tech. That makes them weaker as a species. It's better that they did invent their own tech since that shows how smart they are as a species rather then taking it from somewhere else.
[close]

Hope we get a lot more of these in the future!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Indeed. These are wonderful additions to the lore!

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 10, 2020, 05:40:17 PM

Hey Voodoo Magic question about your demand better Predators signature. How do you feel about the job that Illfonic did on the faces of the male and female Predators?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: shadowedge on May 10, 2020, 06:02:38 PM

Hey Voodoo Magic question about your demand better Predators signature. How do you feel about the job that Illfonic did on the faces of the male and female Predators?

This one?  ;D

Yeaaaaah buddy!!  I feel Illfonic has done a fine job. Here is Hicks' face as a male example:

And female:

Diagonal brows.  X mandibles. No broken jaws. I'm loving it!

Much better than this flat browed, broken jawed bobble-head Fugitive that can hold pencils in his mandible flapper folds and hurts me worse than an ice cream headache!

shadowedge

shadowedge

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 11, 2020, 02:14:05 AM
Quote from: shadowedge on May 10, 2020, 06:02:38 PM

This one?  ;D

Yeaaaaah buddy!!  I feel Illfonic has done a fine job. Here is Hicks' face as a male example:

And female:

Diagonal brows.  X mandibles. No broken jaws. I'm loving it!

Much better than this flat browed, broken jawed bobble-head Fugitive that can hold pencils in his mandible flapper folds and hurts me worse than an ice cream headache!

Awesome,  glad you are happy with it! I think the designs look amazing too! Really wonderful what they did with the faces and staying true to the Winston designs instead of the broken jawed new ones.  Plus they can close their mouths!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed