OWLF Recordings

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 24, 2020, 07:15:49 PM

Author
OWLF Recordings (Read 12,206 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Spoiler
Isn't the idea of Predators not understanding their own tech in 'Forever Midnight'?
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 02, 2021, 12:25:47 AM
Spoiler
Isn't the idea of Predators not understanding their own tech in 'Forever Midnight'?
[close]

I don't think this is considered a spoiler anymore considering the age of the book, so yes, in the novel "Forever Midnight", the Hish Predators had the Amengi race in servitude creating all sorts of devices for them. While the Hish were presented in the novel across a vast spectrum of corny, stupid and incompetent behavior, I don't personally recall the Hish divulged as incapable. (Fast forward to last year when, thankfully, the Alpha Predator lore properly retconned the whole Hish / Amengi + BossFilms design into something much more satisfying in my opinion.)

Postscript: Ironically our podcast hit today discussing this very book!

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=65174.0;topicseen

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Despite my strong dislike of this new info, there is one that caught my attention....

Spoiler
QuoteIts interesting that for a clan of bad bloods, the Super Predator clan is willing to adopt a non Predator into their fold. It adds more depth into them that we haven't seen even with the main stream canon, as usually this adopting a human into the tribe occurs in the comics. Royce going batshit insane, says he enjoys hunting people and takes up the offer to join them and see what they have in store for him is kind of sad to see him spiral down like this.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

I honestly don't feel like that was the trajectory Royces character was going.

But what can you do.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 02, 2021, 03:26:29 PM
Despite my strong dislike of this new info, there is one that caught my attention....

QuoteIts interesting that for a clan of bad bloods, the Super Predator clan is willing to adopt a non Predator into their fold. It adds more depth into them that we haven't seen even with the main stream canon, as usually this adopting a human into the tribe occurs in the comics. Royce going batshit insane, says he enjoys hunting people and takes up the offer to join them and see what they have in store for him is kind of sad to see him spiral down like this.

Might want to put that in spoilers, for the people who havent heard/unlocked the tapes yet.

shadowedge

shadowedge

Like the new tapes but I'm not a fan at all of the last tape that says the Predators do not know how to repair their own equipment and that they are dumb. That diminishes their race as a whole and the Predator property itself. Hope that gets retconned really fast.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Dachande on Sep 02, 2021, 04:59:23 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Sep 02, 2021, 03:26:29 PM

Might want to put that in spoilers, for the people who havent heard/unlocked the tapes yet.
Fixed it, honestly didn't catch how I missed this earlier. My bad

lightsyder

lightsyder

It's a shame the new OWLF and Isabelle recordings don't have dates.  Keyes entry #20 was 8/29/2016.  How far do you all think these new recordings move ahead in the timeline?  Be nice to use this to place Predators and The Predator with solid dates, maybe help tie in Stalking Shadows & Hunters and Hunted.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I doubt Adrien Brody really cares, but learning this way, really sucks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed