(Some?) Alien films for blu-ray in 2008

Started by Keyes, Jul 13, 2007, 03:15:16 PM

Author
(Some?) Alien films for blu-ray in 2008 (Read 7,333 times)

Keyes

Just came across this...

Also today, our industry sources have sent us word that Fox is quietly planning to release at least some of the Alien films on Blu-ray Disc in 2008.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

Krisjohn

I wish HD releases were combo Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, at least until one format wins.

War Wager

It'll probably be just Alien and Aliens that will be put onto Blu-ray...  >:(

Keyes

I wish there was just one definitive format... but alas not yet. My bro has a PS3, but we have no HDTV yet... I'm sure these films would look fantastic in the format though.

Cellien

Quote from: Krisjohn on Aug 14, 2007, 03:06:08 AM
I wish HD releases were combo Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, at least until one format wins.

I agree... The news has been going back and forth and lately in favor of HD-DVD... As I said in another thread, I don't want to have to buy the same movie twice.  I am waiting it out.

Harkus

cool, blu-ray will win anyway so I'll get me them alien films

Cellien

Quote from: Harkus on Sep 03, 2007, 03:15:44 PM
cool, blu-ray will win anyway...

Nearly every analyst out there disagrees... So don't be so sure.

Chocolate man!

I'm cool with them just releasing the 1st two Alien films for now, but they had better release Alien 3 and Alien R as well in the future!

D-101

Well for you people who want complete collections, Fox will give into you. Though, I will never pick up them up.

Chocolate man!

I don't care if they bring out collections, just so long as they also bring out single editions, becuse I already have AVP.

ubcool

undoubtable will just be a bare bones release of the films. then in a year or 2 time they will release another special edition box set with special features ect.

they did it with the terminator films when they first came out dvd. just away of making even more money.

Chocolate man!

Quote from: ubcool on Jan 12, 2008, 12:13:49 PM
undoubtable will just be a bare bones release of the films. then in a year or 2 time they will release another special edition box set with special features ect.

they did it with the terminator films when they first came out dvd. just away of making even more money.

Yeah, but this is on bluray, so I don't think that'll happen unless new technology comes out.

fluxcap

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 12, 2008, 09:02:24 PM

Yeah, but this is on bluray, so I don't think that'll happen unless new technology comes out.
The same thing happened on dvd. Studio's rushed most of their releases onto dvd, then as the years went on, began re-releasing films in special editions. I have a few first generation dvds, man are those ugly. What I see (or what should happen but doesn't always) is studios port over special editions onto high definition formats instead of the common bare bones releases. (ie Predator on blu-ray)

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 30, 2007, 03:34:12 PM
Quote from: Krisjohn on Aug 14, 2007, 03:06:08 AM

I agree... The news has been going back and forth and lately in favor of HD-DVD... As I said in another thread, I don't want to have to buy the same movie twice.  I am waiting it out.

As am I. Not really bothered by it all anyways, its not like the step-up form VHS to DVD, just better picture quality.

Chocolate man!

Quote from: fluxcap on Jan 12, 2008, 09:48:23 PM
Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 12, 2008, 09:02:24 PM

The same thing happened on dvd. Studio's rushed most of their releases onto dvd, then as the years went on, began re-releasing films in special editions. I have a few first generation dvds, man are those ugly. What I see (or what should happen but doesn't always) is studios port over special editions onto high definition formats instead of the common bare bones releases. (ie Predator on blu-ray)

Yes, but that's only because they discovered how to put special features on to a 2nd disk.  They'll probably discover how to put new features (like the one that's supposedly going to be on AVPR) on bluray, and then they will rerelease them. What are the studios supposed to do?  Wait untill the technology is invented to release anything?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed