The Predator Release Pushed Back Again? - September 14th

Started by Darkoo, Feb 13, 2018, 07:56:43 AM

Author
The Predator Release Pushed Back Again? - September 14th (Read 44,893 times)

Biomechanoid

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Feb 17, 2018, 08:31:10 PM
Because if it flops it's going to be a long time before we see anything again . Although Disney could just sell the rights on to someone like Netflix .

As others here desire, I too desire the feature film franchise to continue. But handing it off to Netflix as you suggest, wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. I don't know if it would have the same success as Netflix's Stranger Things, but I would bet it would do much better than Cloverfield Paradox.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Lol cloverfield paradox was such a let down . It's another example of a cash in film that had no sense of direction in its story telling , was nice to see the clover monster at the end though

I wasn't even aware it had come out , I thought it was going to be called " the god particle "

And yes I whole heartedly agree , the predator will be far more successful that cloverfield paradox.

Could you imagine Netflix making a predator t.v series ?

Biomechanoid

I would be fine with just a Netflix feature film. I think Netflix has produced some great feature films and series. And they are willing to throw some decent size budgets at their projects.

Oh and welcome to the forums, Evil, time for truce works for me.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah we are both big fans , I'm up for a truce , sorry for acting the way I did , I was a bit of kn*b I reckon.. but bio how did I blow my cover dam your smart bro 😂

Biomechanoid

It's how you structure your posts.   ;)

My apologies for taking a poke at you. But now that you're a registered member, now I can throw you in ignore.

I'm kidding!  :laugh:

ELDERCLANLEADER

Haha 😂 it's cool man , people fall out , it's how we go forward that counts ..

I do feel bad though , I took it way to far 😔

Anyway back to the predator , I'm slowly coming around to the ideas this film will explore , I still think the script is questionable, but I do agree now , execution is where it's at , and as long as the predators look badass I'll be a happy man 🤗

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I dont insult here anyone ever, I would be glad if anyone here will show me that kind of proof If I am really that wrong, my comments was about Predator and the franchise all the time, the only insult that I noticed is deleting long comments that take time to create, esspecialy when you're trying to answer on the same amount of info. from someone else. Thats not funny at all. Now, I see there are a lot of other comments that are still here, strange. . because all of my previous posts was recently deleted. First, Hicks tell me that I dont keep rules, and second, he said that my posts resulting into the insults. Now, everything that I post is after a while deleted. So, even if dont know what happen here, its all my fault or what? This is a false accuse. Im giving this post a one hour or less before it will be removed again.

ELDERCLANLEADER

I mean I was talking with my girl today ( she enjoys predator ) and she basically voiced similar opinions to other members on this site , that new ideas do need to be injected into this franchise if it's to survive . I guess I'm stuck in my ways when it comes to predator , maybe it's the nostalgia, I don't know.

I really enjoyed encounters of a third kind , and Shane black has gone on record to say he wants this film to provoke the same sort of reaction .. that to me is very promising indeed .

Corporal Hicks

Petr I've gone through all the deleted posts. I've restored the single post you made directed at azamultic as that wasn't a part of the issue and was deleted by accident. All other posts you made that were deleted were involved in this silly fight and will stay deleted. Hopefully that has settled the issue for you.

Biomechanoid

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on Feb 17, 2018, 09:08:31 PM
Haha 😂 it's cool man , people fall out , it's how we go forward that counts ..

< < <  This message is hidden because the member is on your ignore list > > >

:laugh:

Joke aside, you certainly seem to have no shortage of passion for the franchise, I'll give you that. I learned a number of things from members here who are more serious Predator fans than I. You should check out the members Predator fan art, Gash, Metalblade, and others. Them boys got talent.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yeah I truly do love predator , I think it boils down to being a kid , I had a pretty crap beginning , and predator was my way of escaping it .. so he's sort of family to me in a weird way , when the dark stuff used to happen , I'd imagine transforming into the beast and avenging some sweet justice on those responsible hahah . Daft I know , but I was only a kid with a huge imagination .

I'll deffo go and check them guys out right away bio 🤗

" Can we move along please ??? "

Petr you should just forget it bro , it's all been done with , me and bio have made up , everyone is friends again . Let's just move on. It won't be hicks deleting your comments , it will be the other mods .

Back to predator , I can't remember who said it now so my apologies , but the whole eating enemy organs to absorb their strength, to explain the DNA injections has really started to grow on me . When I think about the things I first thought I didn't like , I can see the potential now . Takes a lot to be adjusted to the new I guess .

Hollywood

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2018, 06:52:22 PM
I'm not sure about in general but Alien: Covenant was featured at Cinemacon and the footage wasn't released online. That said, it's looking likely I'll have a staffer attending the show so we'll know if something is shown.  :)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Man, the emotions are taking over ! Cool to see people come together, damn that's beautiful  ;) !

Talking about the theory saying that The Predator has been moved to september due to IT's success, do you think that it will affect the tone of the trailers ? I mean, IT was marketed as a very serious and dark movie, and The Predator is less dark IMO, so i wonder if they will go for the "dark" trailers approach...

ELDERCLANLEADER

BigDaddyJohn .. works for me bro ! I loved IT ! Pennywise was incredible can't wait for part 2 !

I think predator will be quite dark and serious in places but with black humour added in , I'm sure I read somewhere that it's going to go through different genres through the movie , Yano one minute it's a comical action film , one minute it's a horror film , the next a serious hard sci if film .

I suspect the reshoots have happened to tone down the comical side of it and make it more serious and hard hitting , after the test screenings indicated it wasn't for everyone in terms of tone.

So if predator builds of the back of ITs model of success , that can only be a good thing .

Can anyone clarify if a R rated film is a 15 or a 18 in the uk ?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah man i quited liked IT too ! For The Predator reshoots I surely hope they removed
Spoiler
preds in pants  :laugh:
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed