Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 121,117 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 06, 2017, 08:45:14 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Aug 06, 2017, 04:06:00 PM
Quote from: Prez on Aug 06, 2017, 10:49:35 AM
So many scenes not included.

The jumping Alien in the red-lit tunnel on the Covenant in the original trailer. The scenes from the `She won't go quietly' trailer as well.
Wasn't the `She won't go quietly' video purely meant as viral marketing, though?

It was.

Interesting. Remember you saying this before mind.

Seems odd for a viral campaign given the final edit of the film never even alluded to that confrontation in the sleep chamber room. I personally found it excellent and tense - wish it was part of the final film.

What of the lunging red tunnel sequence?

echobbase79

echobbase79

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

How common is this thing? To have scenes in the trailer that are not in the movie. From my perspective it's a pretty dumb f**king thing to do, but I dunno, maybe it's normal in the movie industry, I'm not really a connoisseur.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well they're not trailers, per se. But internet based campaigns with additional content aren't that unusual.

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2017, 08:50:00 AM
Well they're not trailers, per se. But internet based campaigns with additional content aren't that unusual.
What about the scene with the xeno jumping in the corridor? Nowhere to be found in the movie or deleted scenes AFAIK, but it's in the trailer. It just bugs me, not because I personally care that much, but because I'm worried that things like this add up in relation to the overall reception.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That was a deleted sequence. And it's not unusual for shots in trailers to be missing from the film either.

We haven't seen all the deleted scenes we know about on the Blu-ray for whatever reason.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I have no idea why they didn't include this shot in the film? For me that's a money shot, but maybe it was only meant for promotional material? I know it was shown in one of the test screenings in a very unfinished state.

I also wonder if the Alien POV shot was a replacement for this. In the movie one of the POV's is of the creature moving through this corridor.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Because it's a crappy looking shot.  Looks like something from the late 90s.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: tleilaxu on Aug 08, 2017, 05:34:38 AM
How common is this thing? To have scenes in the trailer that are not in the movie.
It happens all the time.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 09, 2017, 07:13:40 AM
Because it's a crappy looking shot.  Looks like something from the late 90s.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GQSioux

GQSioux

So freakin' happy right now!!!

Elmazalman

Mr. Clemens

El Diablo

El Diablo

I'm sad to see that the missing action sequence from the first test screening is nowhere to be found on this release. It was a short scene near the end of the movie but I honestly thought it was cool (Daniels and Lope find themselves fighting off the Neo and the Xeno literally back to back, firing away at both as they try to reach Tennessee and the Lander). That's kind of the sad reality of these test screenings. If you're lucky enough to get invited you may end up seeing stuff that will never again see the light of day. I've watched completely different cuts of films that never even made it to the bonus features.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: El Diablo on Aug 12, 2017, 08:17:25 AM
I'm sad to see that the missing action sequence from the first test screening is nowhere to be found on this release. It was a short scene near the end of the movie but I honestly thought it was cool (Daniels and Lope find themselves fighting off the Neo and the Xeno literally back to back, firing away at both as they try to reach Tennessee and the Lander). That's kind of the sad reality of these test screenings. If you're lucky enough to get invited you may end up seeing stuff that will never again see the light of day. I've watched completely different cuts of films that never even made it to the bonus features.
The thing is though, if your'e lucky enough to attend a test screening, how would you know what to look out for? You'd have to concentrate on every scene and line of dialogue, because you wouldn't know what would get the chop until weeks, perhaps months later.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed