Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,861 times)

[cancerblack]

It does look pretty small, to be fair. However the way the walls are set up, I'd guess that the flat floor space is the same size as the game tiles will be with the other 2/3 of each section being decoration effectively. I'd still buy it if I got the chance though, and I'd be aiming for several sets.

Tex

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 25, 2014, 10:08:39 AM
Quote from: Tex on Mar 25, 2014, 07:17:37 AM
Damn straight us down in NZ need those pics  :D

Holy shit, another kiwi? Too awesome. :laugh:

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2014, 08:21:13 AM
I'll look into it. If it's not a ballache to get to I'll attend.

Nice. Seems like a few people on the Prodos home forum (and most likely Dakka, etc) will be in attendance, but the more pics the better at this point.

Sorry been a while since I was on last, Yeah I'm in Christchurch, Just upped my pledge to 2 x Get to the Chopper 1 x You wanna piece of me, and 1 x Looking good their Boss. I'm having fun with the possibilities and just picked up this beut for the bases. http://zinge.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=130&product_id=399 I'm pretty excited almost a month to go gents.

Corporal Hicks

I wont be able to make Salute. I've got my Dominion War finale event for Star Trek Attack Wing at the weekend.

Tex

Tex

That's a shame Hicks, have fun in your Star Trek Event. I'll still be hanging out for any pics, those lucky enough to be going to Salute, take while there. Try and get some size comparison pics to gage the scale. Some were a bit dubious about that last pic and the scaling of the models.
Gimmie another year and I may be heading your way (To the UK), depends on how the cash flow stems from here.

??? I'm pretty sure I know what I want, this is what is there at the moment with the mouse cautiously hovering over the close button.  :laugh: Just want any last feedback before I do however. Any thoughts please don't hesitate  ;D

Pledges
2 X Get to the chopper
2 X ( A Royal Guard x1(1) KS P Berserker(2) AVP Game (Box)(1) Facehuggers x9(1) )
2 X A Warrior x5, 2 X M Sentry guns x2, 1 X A Eggs (Obj. Marker) x4

1 X You want a Piece of me you ugly...
1 X ( A Facehuggers x5(1) A Royal Guard x1(1) KS P Berserker(2) Hardback Rulebook(1) )
1 X A Warrior x5, 1 X M Sentry guns x2, 1 X A Eggs (Obj. Marker) x4

1 X Looking good there boss
1 X ( A Facehuggers x5(5) A Royal Guard x1(1) KS P Berserker(1) )
1 X A Warrior x5, 1 X A Predalien x1, 1 X A Eggs (Obj. Marker) x4

Add ons
4 X    Marines dice x3
4 X    M Sergeant x1
3 X    M Colonial Marines x5 (Board Game)
0 X    M Sentry guns x2
6 X    M Power Loader x1
1 X    Half synthetic (Obj. Marker) x4
5 X    Weyland-Yutani Commandos
2 X    Alien dice x3
0 X   A Facehuggers x5
2 X   A Infant x5   
2 X   A Stalkers x5
3 X   A Warrior x5
0 X   A Royal Guard x1
2 X   A Eggs (Obj. Marker) x4
1 X   A Predalien x1
2 X   A Crusher x1
2 X   A Queen x1
1 X   Predator dice x3
1 X   P Spear (Obj. Marker) x4
0 X   P Predators x3
2 X   P Female Predator x1
1 X   P Predator Hellhounds x2
1 X   P Cloaked Pred x1 (Ranged)
1 X   P Young Blood x3
0 X   AVP Game (Box)
0 X   Hardback Rulebook
0 X   Set Of Terrain
1 X   Predator ship (Extra tiles)
3 X   Extra bits (3heads, 4 guns)
1 X   Resin Terrain Set   
1 X   P Cloaked Pred x1 (Disc)
1 X   P Cloaked Pred x1 (Spear)
1 X   Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa
1 X   Major Dutch Schaefer
1 X   P Cloaked Female Predator x1
2 X   P Cloaked Berserker x1
5 X   M Colonial Marines x5 (Add-on)
1 X   P Cloaked Young Blood x3

Mr. Domino

Dude, you're dropping over $1400 on a game sight-unseen. I don't think you're going to be woefully short of anything.

Arterial Spray

Phew. 1400 US$?
And here I was fretting about finding £200. Don't think I would ever give a small company 840 odd quid on faith that their game is good, especially when they only have 1 other title and that's still barely available.

Tex

I'm a sucker for Aliens gear. I mean, I started WH40k Imperial guard because of Aliens. I converted IG to Colonial marines back 7 odd years ago, i have most of the leading edge miniatures, a few of the sideshow collectibles neca figures, movie sets (even the old VHS ones xD) along with my pulse rifle, gerber II knife and CM outfit. I'm in NZ so that's about double-to-triple that in NZ$.
Call me crazy, sure. But these critters are gonna look kick-ass on the resin terrain and the 2 sets on BS terrain coming :)

All I want now is a SC Motion Tracker and that 1:2 aliens busts coming out at the end of the year hehee.

the idea is that I can turn up at any point and just host games.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 07, 2014, 06:28:50 PM
I wont be able to make Salute. I've got my Dominion War finale event for Star Trek Attack Wing at the weekend.

For what it's worth - I won first place at this event and placed first over the 6 month campaign. I'm now the proud owner of the grand-prize DS9.

Tex

Tex

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 12, 2014, 05:23:45 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 07, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

For what it's worth - I won first place at this event and placed first over the 6 month campaign. I'm now the proud owner of the grand-prize DS9.

Fantastic work, very impressive.
Congrats. Not familiar with the game myself but from what I googled I'm interested ;)

New picks from salute (Not mine; I'm in NZ :P)

http://imgur.com/a/9lKGI

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/2d6games/library/avp

Everyone on the KS page that went said excellent quality and the crusher was a stand out piece.....glad I got 2 :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm glad you found some. I've been looking and was unable to find any. That Queen looks fantastic. I really can't wait to get these!

As for Attack Wing, here are couple of pictures of the grand-prize and the prize ships from the campaign:

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/salute-2014-with-prodos-games.html

Managed to find some better pictures.

Tex

Very Impressive, good find on the pics, they're much more professional. :)

You must be stoked for the win.

And wear your DS9 with pride.....if it were a hat or you could use it as a has, I spose.....or maybe not  ::) haha

Corporal Hicks

https://www.facebook.com/dave.crimsonorc/media_set?set=a.1391552054458244.1073741829.100008103872958&type=1&l=bcbf87d85c

Another few pictures in here. I'll keep looking for more.

And thanks.  :) Very proud of it. And of my Month 6 win. I was flying with something that was completely scary to use but managed to pull out the full win.

Vrastal

ill collect the alien figures but thats about it

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

They haven't won me over t'ill I see Giger's Alien.

But everything looks pretty fantastic otherwise.

I think I'll just pretend the AVP Aliens are A:R Clones as are any eventual AVP:R designed Warriors can be the Warrior-Clone equivalent.

Arterial Spray

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Apr 14, 2014, 12:06:42 AM
They haven't won me over t'ill I see Giger's Alien.

But everything looks pretty fantastic otherwise.

I think I'll just pretend the AVP Aliens are A:R Clones as are any eventual AVP:R designed Warriors can be the Warrior-Clone equivalent.

And brown'n'slimy will be easier to paint too. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed