Alien Isolation's The Flight interview with Den of Geek

Started by System Apollo, Nov 03, 2015, 12:55:26 PM

Author
Alien Isolation's The Flight interview with Den of Geek (Read 1,050 times)

System Apollo

System Apollo

Joe Henson and Alexis Smith (AKA The Flight) met with interviewer Paul Weedon to speak of the score in Alien Isolation and composing for video games in general.

A lot of interesting little pieces of information such as having to work on composition as well the development for the score of Alien Isolation are included in this article.

"We don't buzz off shiny massive expensive sounding things," Smith elaborates. "Just things that make the hairs on your back stand up, but a lot of that comes down to the fact that we were lucky. We started in the music industry while you were coming in to contact with a lot more of that stuff and now I think it's a lot harder."

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/the-flight/37194/the-flight-interview-alien-isolation-composing-for-video-games#ixzz3qQlV0cdN

THE CITY HUNTER

The soundtrack was quite good.

Corporal Hicks

The sound design was phenomenal IMHO.

HuDaFuK

I loved those moments where the Alien was hunting for you and the music would just steadily rise in the background, building to this unsettling tone almost without you noticing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 05, 2015, 02:42:46 PM
I loved those moments where the Alien was hunting for you and the music would just steadily rise in the background, building to this unsettling tone almost without you noticing.

The dynamic sound engine was just so effective when it did stuff like that.

I was listening to the Colonial Marines soundtrack on the way to work this morning when I remembered this comment from the interview above -

QuoteFollowing their recommendations, Creative Assembly would go on to license three minutes of key cues, which were then used as a creative starting point.

I was reminded of it because the CM soundtrack kept using certain cues from Aliens. I didn't realize it was that strict on what music they could use.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed