Shane Black Talks The Predator Vocalization

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2018, 10:49:57 AM

Author
Shane Black Talks The Predator Vocalization (Read 7,655 times)

Corporal Hicks

In a recent interview with Fandango, Shane Black was asked about the approach was taking with the Predator’s iconic vocalization sound originally brought to life by Peter Cullen. It turns out, it’s staying true to the original sound effect!

We’ve modulated it somewhat, but there are certain elements I think, and maybe you agree, that are so good that there’s no use making them part of your update process. For instance, the original Predator makeup, you can adjust it slightly, but who wants to change that iconic, classic insect face, you know? It’s just too good. So, similarly, the sounds they make, although we’ve hopefully done a little bit of improv work on them, we’ve left it essentially the same, as a callback.

Be sure to head on over to Fandango and check out the entire interview with Shane Black. There’s not a great deal of new information but Shane re-affirms a lot of things such as the focus on the Predator movement and The Dirty Dozen influence of The Predator’s characters.

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

Earlier this year Peter Cullen spoke at a Transformer convention about his involvement with the original film and his inspiration for where the Predator’s sound came from.

"Roll down to the very end of the film where the Predator takes off his head gear and you're gonna see the face. When they did that I saw this ugly, ugly face and these tentacles going like this *mimics the mandibles.*

It reminded me of an upside down horseshoe crab dying in the sun on a beach when I was a kid. It was nasty. But from that horseshoe crab was coming all these crackling sounds. Bubbles that were bursting."

Keep checking in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest on The Predator! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

YTL_Hunter_H2

They've been using the predator mimic from Bill duke in the trailers. I want to know if there will be mimicking in this as well

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 15, 2018, 01:34:32 PM
They've been using the predator mimic from Bill duke in the trailers. I want to know if there will be mimicking in this as well

Can you point out when exactly ? I saw it many times but can't hear it damn lol

azamultic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 15, 2018, 02:42:13 PM

on 28 sec mark "Commoon"

BigDaddyJohn

I barely hear it, lol i must be going deaf

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 15, 2018, 04:28:36 PM
I barely hear it, lol i must be going deaf

Exactly as Fugitive in Infrared appears.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

While I hope they stay true to the original, i'm glad they're not straight up reusing the old soundclips, because that was jarring and out of place enough in the trailer.

Personally my favourite roar was the one from the first AvP movie, it sounded a lot more "organic" than the '87 version.

The lion growls were goofy though.

GreybackElder

I'm interested to hear the new take on the predator roar. I'm glad it sounds that it's staying close to the original though! I'd have to say my favorite roar was when it was high up in the trees ripping the spine out of billy? So cool.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Quote from: azamultic on Aug 15, 2018, 02:50:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqKf5rSwxkU

on 28 sec mark "Commoon"
it's actually come here

azamultic

Quote from: YTL_Hunter_H2 on Aug 15, 2018, 11:46:43 PM

on 28 sec mark "Commoon"
it's actually come here
Mac says "Common common, over here" here is the video

I dont thin its come here, and this sharp common they used on the 28 sec in the last teader for The Predator.

ThePredatorUK

Quote from: azamultic on Aug 16, 2018, 12:15:54 AM

on 28 sec mark "Commoon"
it's actually come here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZgfBDWYjZE

I dont thin its come here, and this sharp common they used on the 28 sec in the last teader for The Predator.
he mimics "over here"

azamultic

Quote from: ThePredatorUK on Aug 16, 2018, 12:19:18 AM
Quote from: azamultic on Aug 16, 2018, 12:15:54 AM

on 28 sec mark "Commoon"
it's actually come here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZgfBDWYjZE

he mimics "over here"

Here is the last tv spot

On 28 sec mark we can hear Macs "common"

Here is the original movie scene

On 6-8 sec mark you can hear the same "common"

Over hear is totally different sound in a different scene.

Here is the "over here" sound on 42-43 sec mark

Whiskeybrewer

I love Peter Cullen's story of recording the sounds

BigDaddyJohn

Oooh finally heard it ! Thanks guys  ;)

Vermillion

Over here.
Plain as day.

"Turn around" and "anytime" are things I say in my daily life with all due references to Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed