The PAX East 2012 Thread - Full Panel Added

Started by ikarop, Apr 06, 2012, 01:18:40 PM

Author
The PAX East 2012 Thread - Full Panel Added (Read 36,124 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 06, 2012, 07:58:02 PM
Really can't wait for this review, ikarop!
You and me both!

Another picture from Tonks.

http://pic.twitter.com/AqfP9o3

ikarop

ikarop

Tonks' article is up! http://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/aliens-colonial-marines-sega/pax-east-report-day-1-impressions/

As I mentioned on the front page, thanks to Tonks for taking the time to go represent AvPGalaxy at the expo and writing up his impressions as well as Sega and Gearbox for their support. He did an amazing job today :).

Predaker

Predaker

Thank you ikarop and THANK YOU TONKS!

I read the day 1 impressions and I am even more excited for this game now. Gearbox is going to deliver, I just know it.  ;)

Adam802

Adam802

Awesome read, Tonks!  Thanks, I can't wait to hear your day 2 impressions.  I'm glad the Campaign is looking good. 

Vulhala

Vulhala

BOOM.

I am excite.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Damn sounds like it was a great time, now I'm even more excited for the final product. :laugh:

shadowedge

shadowedge

That power loader/alien prop looks so cool!

Very nice review Tonks! I am so glad this game is looking to be real deal. The balanced multiplayer sounds fantastic as does the character weights. AVP 2010 felt like you were weighing 80 pounds of armor.

Also the story sounds good too for SP! Please keep up the reviews!

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Damn, this week is an Easter gift! THANKS GEARBOX!!!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 06, 2012, 05:51:20 PM
Aliens controlled by GBX staffers and Marines for attenders.

Confirmation Aliens can be played in multiplayer, then...

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 07, 2012, 03:42:19 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Apr 06, 2012, 05:51:20 PM
Aliens controlled by GBX staffers and Marines for attenders.

Confirmation Aliens can be played in multiplayer, then...
Not at PAX, but confirmed for the final release

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Game comes out in 2013 right?

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

It's still slated for a FALL 2012 release

Husky

Husky

PAX day 1 was a blast - thanks again to Ikarop and AvP Galaxy for hooking me up. I am so impressed with the time Chris spent with me and with Newbeing. He really went above and beyond. Actually everyone involved - sega and gearbox - were all really friendly and welcoming. You can tell that this is a labor of love.

Thank you all for the feedback - sorry if it's a little disjointed. I tried to take as many notes as I could in a short time. If you have specific questions, I'm happy to answer them or ask. I can't promise you'll get an answer, but it can't hurt. Remember that the panel on Sunday may reveal more, too.  I'll have a write up of that, too.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: shadowedge on Apr 07, 2012, 01:01:23 AM
AVP 2010 felt like you were weighing 80 pounds of armor.

Because you are colonial marine and yes you carry 80 pounds of armor. This is way better than the old games where you fly through the levels with light speed, no matter that you carry armor and tons of weapons.

9th_Stew

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed