The Art and Making of The Predator

Started by felix, Dec 18, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Author
The Art and Making of The Predator (Read 35,189 times)

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

ELDERCLANLEADER - A Predator reboot or remake? Are you serious? Reboots are vital if you want to do something better or different against the original that was somehow destroyed or totally forget by audience, I mean. . mostly the reboots are trying to fix something that was a previous disaster. There are only two movie reboots that I respect, Peter Jackson's King kong and Dawn of The Dead, these two movies respected their original and their new versions is even better. Of course you never cant beat the classic, but why reboot a Predator? We have only three standalone Predator movies (I dont count AVP) and these three movies are fairly done. First one is masterpiece, and second one is slightly behind it, the third one is ok (by the way I love all of them somehow) so. . why reboot such a short franchise already? Maybe after the fourth one from Shane we could start think about it. . depending on the overall movie success, I mean. . if we really ended up with a young boy wearing a Predator eguipment. . maybe that we really should reboot it in order to forget this latest crazy story, but why reboot it right now? We should rather continue with the established Predator franchise forward. . but it seems that even this is not true - judging by the leaked script. . we can say that this movie will try to change fundamental ideas way too much and too hard (without any fear behind it) so. . maybe that you have right even if I dont want to accept that, but only if the Shane's film really will be that bad. There is still a small chance that the so called leaked script could be just a bad joke, you know. . just maybe. Oh, and I agree with you on the Dark Knight trilogy as you said, but still. . I dont like reboots and remakes in general, on the other hand. . look on the new Ghostbusters, new Total Recall or new Conan, reboots are not always the best idea.

ELDERCLANLEADER

Of course a new remake would respect its source material , but loads and loads of masterpieces have been rehashes , scarface was a remake yet it's Iconic, King Kong is definitely a masterpiece , how many great batman films are there ? I'm talking to you mr Tim burton!  ;) 2017's IT is a remake and it's another masterpiece , all these films respected their source material. My point is a predator remake in with the right director could very definitely work. Now Disney own the predator franchise this may become a reality , perhaps that's why fox have been so leaky and careless , because they don't care anymore it's not their loss ? It's now disneys .
Hypothetically speaking there's nothing to stop Disney incorporating Predator into marvel , they could even just pull the plug on the film altogether if they wanted to . Sad but true because what's to stop them ?

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I will rather somehow continue with it, with that what we have. Nothing is so bad here, nothing is damaged, standalone Predator movies are so far good, I really dont want to see any reboot in the style of making another military group in the jungle again, or another cop story like in the second movie, I think that "reboot" should be rather another good continuation. Because there really isnt much for rebooting here, personaly Im gonna start thinking about any reboot only when Shane's upcoming Predator end up being the worst of the all four movies. . I still hope that leaked script was just a joke, even when I dont trust this theory that much, because Predator is in part of my heart. At this moment, a tons of my friends just cant believe how bad that script sound, trailer or teaser is hardly needed here. I was never in my life so nervous about any other movie as I am now. Yeah, its very important for me.

newagescamartist

Rebooting Predator would be like rebooting Robocop. Besides, Predators was a soft-reboot and so is The Predator.

Dan

Dan

Arnold's new Terminator's filming delayed from late march to mid june so he's got time to film a few scenes for The Predator so he has time if they decided to have him in the movie.
I would like to see him playing the veteran Dutch.
There's so much could be about him and what happened with him in the last 30 years.

Nice find dan

Nice find dan

it would be nice if arnold was at the area52 place with the high death toll that fred decker indicated is having reshoots at .
Maybe arnold surveys the after math or helps kill the predator doing all the slaughtering

BigDaddyJohn

Unfortunately Arnold has often (if not always) been cheesy in his recent "roles" so i don't trust him in order to appear in a believable manner in this movie...

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Hom much cheesy is small child with Predator helmet on its face, I mean. . everything we know about this movie so far do not sound seriously like something most of us wants, it sound more like a comedy if not a tragedy, I dont think that Arnold could made it even worst, lol. But I understand your point about his recent roles, question is how bad the movie really is, it could be only rumor.

ELDERCLANLEADER

This is why I think a remake is needed , what predator lacks more than anything is a story that has a beginning middle and an end. Arnie just isn't quite what he once was , I would rather see someone else play Dutch altogether,   build a brand new story out of him , that has continuation and weight and make a trilogy ,

Dan

Dan

If Arnie gets a great direction he is not cheesy.
That what could work really cool with Black if he's got a more serious role in the second half of the movie than a cameo.

In the new Terminator Tim Miller and James Cameron will make Arnie great again.I hope.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

No, I absolutely disagree, First Predator film portrait the Dutch in the best possible way, no one ever will be capable to replace one of the Arnold's best role, practically role from the best years of his entire life (same as Terminator) At this point. . anyone who has the same opinion about this is for me a person that I have zero interest to communicate, we cant be sure about the actuall quality of THIS movie. . and there are already people that will rather believe in the quality of any possible reboot? I have strong feeling that this idea must be suported only by a bunch of younger people or something, no one in my age will ever suport this BS. Sorry guys but this is dull idea, someone here really dont understand the term of word "masterpiece". Thats the word I used with the context with first Predator.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Dan - I agree, no reboot, but continuation with Arnold in it, with proper introduction - Arnold is pure Gem, we know how serious he can be, his Age thanks to him also isnt that big deal.

Flap Jack

Flap Jack

Disney/FOX deal isn't even done yet.. It will actually take a couple of years if (with question mark) they close it - so let me be very clear here. Disney still does not own FOX and it's assets.
So they don't have even remotely any saying in Predator franchise.. There is even big possibility that Disney won't even be allowed to buy FOX (regulations and so on)..

Unfortunatelly english is not my native language but i hope you guys understand this

ELDERCLANLEADER

Petr eveything in the media these days are repeats of yesteryear , to me spiderman 2 was a ciniematic masterpiece , Tobey nailed spiderman , does that mean I don't like Tom holland ? Of course not, deadpool was a modern masterpiece, are you telling me ryan Reynolds will be the only person to play deadpool ?    . Arnold hasn't shown much love to predator , I don't understand why some people are so touchy about him being recast . Yes the original was a classic and is iconic , but that doesn't mean it can't be improved and modernised , with a background story fleshed out this time round. I hate to say it but reboots and remakes by Hollywood , book writers and most of media is nothing new , how many times has universal rebooted and remade the mummy ?  How many films about titanic was made by Hollywood before we got to James Cameron's ? How many times has Shakespeare's plays been retold and modernised ?I totally understand what makes a masterpiece petr , I'm just not close minded on what can be achieved.

acrediblesource

Josh Brolin Vs Predator

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed