William Gibson's Alien 3

Started by Ultramorph, Apr 26, 2018, 08:06:32 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 (Read 150,917 times)

KiramidHead

It's condensation on the tube.

RakaiThwei

...Alternate universe?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Haha... calling it now; "How did the egg get on board the Sulaco?" ..David. 😂

Actually... we're assuming it is the Alien 3 opening based soley on a torn up Bishop and bandaged Hicks... what if this is the 'in-between' story which explains why they end up in a different cryo-room and sets up the egg scene (uses plotholes as a plot basis) 😁

D88M

It would be awesome if they did a comic book version of the movie Fincher had intended

OpenMaw

Quote from: BetterThanKenobi83 on Apr 27, 2018, 01:30:20 AM
I just hope this isn't erasing Alien 3 or 4.

It's a comic book. It does not possess the ability to erase dvd, film stock, or VHS tapes.

They do this all the time. They did a comic adaption of Harlan Ellison's version of City on the Edge of Forever, and I believe they also did a version of ROBOCOP 2 based on Frank Miller's original script.

If this is the Gibson version, and it looks like, i'm totally stoked. That script, the second draft in particular, is one of my favorite reads.

KiramidHead

I'm wondering if they'll draw elements from both drafts.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 27, 2018, 02:34:12 AM
They do this all the time. They did a comic adaption of Harlan Ellison's version of City on the Edge of Forever, and I believe they also did a version of ROBOCOP 2 based on Frank Miller's original script.

Dark Horse also did this for one of George Lucas' Star Wars drafts... The Star Wars.

Gridseeker

A comic adaptation of the original script for Alien 3 or Blomkampf´s story for the cancelled film?  :o

LV-12986

Finally the same cryotubes from aliens! Always annoyed me seeing completely different ones in alien 3!

Prez

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 27, 2018, 03:06:11 AM

Dark Horse also did this for one of George Lucas' Star Wars drafts... The Star Wars.

^ Yep. Hopefully the start of more alternate drafts of our favourite films to come.

HuDaFuK

Got wind they were considering this last year, really glad they've followed through. Despite not being a massive fan of either comics or the first draft script I imagine this will be based on, I'm really looking forward to it as a novelty piece.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Prez on Apr 27, 2018, 06:26:00 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Apr 27, 2018, 03:06:11 AM

^ Yep. Hopefully the start of more alternate drafts of our favourite films to come.

They certainly did. And ever since I'd been hoping they'd take a wack at adapting un-made Alien scripts. I'm glad to see some movement on this. It was one of the things I suggested when Fox got in touch last year. I guess the possibility of seeing other scripts will depend on how well this does. There's enough backlog in Alien 3 (and I'm counting Blomkamp's take in there) to do a number of series.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 27, 2018, 08:43:01 AMI guess the possibility of seeing other scripts will depend on how well this does. There's enough backlog in Alien 3 (and I'm counting Blomkamp's take in there) to do a number of series.

Yeah, there's at least four different scripts for the third film that are already out there (five if you count Gibson's second draft, but no way can I see them adapting both versions of his story) plus whatever Blomkamp was working on, as well as potentially his initial Ripley-less version, depending how different that was. Then there's Briggs' AVP and Alien: Engineers (although as with Gibson's second draft, that might be a bit too similar to the finished film to warrant adapting).

Whiskeybrewer

I agree I think this could be an adapt of Gibson's draft (Hopefully the second draft as that would work better I think, the first draft was a bit overloaded)

If it is and it continues an Aline 3 alternate comics, I'd love to see Ward's draft done. Twohy's script is different enough to be a separate story in itself.

Just don't do Red's lol

HuDaFuK

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed