Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 839,801 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've not even see any of Wave 1 in the UK yet.  :'(

judge death

judge death

Maybe slightly off topic but neca related as I compare my OC figure to neca and hopefully not too bad pictures:

One of my friends made my aliens marine charachter Hill into a action figure in same scale as the neca figures are in, its 3D printed and built and hand painted. PAint job is pretty much on par with neca, the seams and joints arent as good, but unlike necas: these joints work and arent loose or too tight etc. Kinda bad if a big company like enca fails to do the same quality as a person doing it for fun :P

Enjoy:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

This guy got the Fireteam Spitter (somehow).

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 16, 2022, 11:56:14 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEthjicejI
Didn't realize something was under the dome of the Spitter, the mixture of the non-human born Alien and the Neomorph design elements evident work together gorgeously.

The paint on them puts any other Alien to shame, yes even the gorgeous MAFEX Big Chap's hues, I haven't seen this sort of beautiful variations in blues and greens since Play Arts Kai's ACM line.

This guy got them even earlier, my Runner and Prowler should be delivered Saturday.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 29, 2022, 02:32:28 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 16, 2022, 11:56:14 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEthjicejI
Didn't realize something was under the dome of the Spitter, the mixture of the non-human born Alien and the Neomorph design elements evident work together gorgeously.

The paint on them puts any other Alien to shame, yes even the gorgeous MAFEX Big Chap's hues, I haven't seen this sort of beautiful variations in blues and greens since Play Arts Kai's ACM line.

This guy got them even earlier, my Runner and Prowler should be delivered Saturday.

Where'd you order from? My dumb ass keeps ordering from BidBadToyStore and waiting forever... then cancelling when I eventually see them at Walmart.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I live in the UK so no Walmart here but, Props and Replicas' where I got them from.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Found and bought the Night Cougar at Best Buy yesterday! Seems like I've been searching forever now to find the new Kenner's and still no sign of the Panther anywhere.

Meanwhile at my local Target they just got the FTE Runner and Prowler so I'll probably get those in the near future. Although they both were on the smaller side they still looked good!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 29, 2022, 02:32:28 AM

Entertainment Earth haven't shipped mine yet, despite being where the guy from my video link got his.

Figure that one out.

T Dog

T Dog

Had a mosey into Forbidden Planey yesterday, when did Neca get so expensive? They've gone from 30 euro now to about 50.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: T Dog on Jul 30, 2022, 08:52:58 AMHad a mosey into Forbidden Planey yesterday, when did Neca get so expensive? They've gone from 30 euro now to about 50.

They've been inflating their prices slowly for a few years. But recently they jumped quite a bit. I remember being about to get Falconer after Predators came out for under $20. Now a single figure will likely run at least $30, if not $35-40.

I know Spitter and Burster are showing up at specialty shops now. RidgeTop picked up a Spitter. Specialty shops like comics/collectibles shops most of the time get them before big box stores or even online retailers at times.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Just got 'em at Target.

37 USD a piece...  :o

But still cheaper than the BigBadToyStore preorder I just cancelled.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

So yeah the Fireteam Elite figures absolutely rock, but I have heard murmurs of discontent despite the quality upgrade in the sculpt and paint and articulation, concerns about the size most often? See here for yourself. 

As you can see, I honestly believe the prior release's oversized quite a bit, think of the Alien next to Ripley or on top of Dillon. If I may be so bold that old version looks like it came from an Ox, it's enormous, whereas the new one looks like it came from a Dog or a similar sized animal, still big as an Alien ought to be but not a titan.

Beautiful ratchet joints let it get into all sorts of poses the previous version could only dream of, this Alien can run, and stand just fine. 

Just in case you had any further doubts, the Covenant Alien's meant to be the biggest in the films aside from the Queen itself and it is bigger than any Engineer or Predator I have in my collection, even then the prior release towers above it in height and mass.

The evolution's almost complete from Burster to Runner, to Prowler, now I just need the Crusher.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Spoiler
[close]

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

That Ox comment really makes me want to see different sized xenos based off what they come out of lmao

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 30, 2022, 08:37:17 PM
Quote from: T Dog on Jul 30, 2022, 08:52:58 AMHad a mosey into Forbidden Planey yesterday, when did Neca get so expensive? They've gone from 30 euro now to about 50.

They've been inflating their prices slowly for a few years. But recently they jumped quite a bit. I remember being about to get Falconer after Predators came out for under $20. Now a single figure will likely run at least $30, if not $35-40.

I know Spitter and Burster are showing up at specialty shops now. RidgeTop picked up a Spitter. Specialty shops like comics/collectibles shops most of the time get them before big box stores or even online retailers at times.

It still makes me weep remembering buying the early AvPR/Predators figures for £15. Now we're talking £30-45.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed