NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 835,433 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have a suspicion in this instance hot water might actually do the trick, or water texture acrylic, even though I do like it as is.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Jun 20, 2022, 02:37:25 AMThey have never made an Alien with a nice mouth. Always ruins their big chaps.
The 2015 1/4 Big Chap (alternate version) looked like it was wearing a football mouth guard.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

A long overdue comparison, but somewhat flawed as it's not the original NECA version, as I have substantially simplified the sides of the head to attempt to make it more symmetrical overall and have done a lot of painting.

Imo it only looks better for that as it was never accurate in the first place, but otherwise it's much the same, and for the purposes of comparison makes not much difference.

Here you can see they did not even get the head ridges right under the dome.

Or the head shape in general...

Or the symmetry in the face, for context, that's Kotobukiya in the foreground featuring a highly accurate sculpt.

judge death

judge death

Spitter and burster has been revealed:

Burster:

Spitter:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

So beautiful ughhh

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Are NECA finally unf**king their Alien paintjobs?

SiL

SiL

Only on the promotional images.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, I'm eager to see what the green parts actually look like in the wild. If there's actually any of that shading present I'll be pretty impressed though.

SiL

SiL

I imagine that's translucent plastic, not paint.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Actually, looking at the spitter again you're right. The burster was giving me big airbrush vibes and I didn't look close enough.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That translucent plastic looks fantastic.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Oh interesting

XENOPHOPHOSIS

XENOPHOPHOSIS

Wonder if any of these castes of Aliens could be utilised
Introduced in any future Tele Vision show & Movies in The future.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So that's the Prowler and the Burster I'm looking out for when these hit my shores. Still not sure on Fireteams take on the Spitter though.

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

That's cool for the people who enjoyed the game.
Personally, I find these critters to be ugly and have nothing to do with Giger's elegant design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed