Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 136,479 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Molecules on Apr 03, 2017, 03:12:44 AM
The shot of the head chamber also seems to support what people have been putting forward, about these guys being another Engineer-seeded race - a sister race to homo sapiens.

heh, Mount Rushmore anybody?

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 03, 2017, 03:14:24 AM
The shot of the head chamber also seems to support what people have been putting forward, about these guys being another Engineer-seeded race - a sister race to homo sapiens.

And people are saying this isn't close enough to Prometheus. The first trailer posted looks like a direct Prometheus sequel. Loved them all. Need to see the neomorph properly before judgement, glad to the skull eyes though.

The tag lines made me think of Eat, Pray, Love. I was made to go see that film and I even had to pay.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Why, because the heads have slightly different faces? They're different heads, that's all. The only people claiming these guys are not Engineers but some sister race to humans are on here. The only people claiming they're not Engineers are a handful of people from last week's Cinemacon.

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Apr 03, 2017, 03:10:07 AM
What's wrong with it?

Bad CGI. Plus, that exact creature doing that exact thing has popped up in a dozen horror movies since the Silent Hill games became popularized.

The protomorph does look excellent.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 03:21:40 AM

Why, because the heads have slightly different faces? They're different heads, that's all. The only people claiming these guys are not Engineers but some sister race to humans are on here. The only people claiming they're not Engineers are a handful of people from last week's Cinemacon.

What's wrong with it?

Bad CGI. Plus, that exact creature doing that exact thing has popped up in a dozen horror movies since the Silent Hill games became popularized.

So, who is the definitive source that these are for sure Engineers and this is for sure their "home world"?

Molecules

Molecules

I defer to you on this.
But the observations about the diminutive size of the charred bodies rang true, and all the visual info we have so far on this civilisation suggesting it's not advanced, all the parchment and low-tech in David's lair, etc.

Here's my go at a gif. If anyone knows how to do these in HD and embed them...
http://imgur.com/z2WcWCH

Yeah... Just compare the scale with this (torch-bearing human figures in each shot)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Looks like a religious place where these humanoids worshiped their gods (Maybe the Engineers)

Molecules

Molecules

Hard to get a good still off youtube with all the particle fx sliding down him...

acidreign

acidreign

And I thought that I couldn't get more excited! Love seeing more glimpses of the Engineers and the temple complex.

Despite the somewhat unfinished-looking quality of the neomorph CGI I like the design. Very reminiscent of the deacon. Also dig the gelatinous, translucent flesh. Super creepy! I wonder if this is the final form--it was mentioned in the set reports that it will evolve throughout the movie.

The Xeno looks fantastic. This is the scariest it has looked in a long time.

fiveways

fiveways

What's wrong with it?

I'll believe people who've seen that footage over anyone on here.  I also think it is a good idea to make it a different race from a story telling point of view.

I said elsewhere, I think at one point they were engineers and that got changed.  I think a lot got changed in post as the various leaks seem to indicate.  They creative team have a loose and constantly changing plan, not a firm agenda.  Shit changes all the time in this camp.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

IIRC, the synopsis indicates it is the Engineer homeworld as does various other press.

I think people are clinging to the rather flimsy fan theory that it is some random other planet with some heretofore unseen race of aliens never before seen or alluded to in this franchise simply because the idea that David ups and nukes the space jockeys for lulz seems lazy and abrupt. Which it is. But I am 95% sure that is exactly what has happened, just as every leak has borne out and just as the Cinemacon footage bears out.

Also, the bodies are only 'diminutive' when they're half-sunken into the earth.

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan

Epicness loving it

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 05:20:02 AM
IIRC, the synopsis indicates it is the Engineer homeworld as does various other press.

I think people are clinging to the rather flimsy fan theory that it is some random other planet with some heretofore unseen race of aliens never before seen or alluded to in this franchise simply because the idea that David ups and nukes the space jockeys for lulz seems lazy and abrupt. Which it is. But I am 95% sure that is exactly what has happened, just as every leak has borne out and just as the Cinemacon footage bears out.

Also, the bodies are only 'diminutive' when they're half-sunken into the earth.

And a movie has never been changed in post before.

There are also the reports of a version screened without that scene in it. 

I think they are making it up as they go, if they change the race they change the race.  People are giving this production way more credit then it deserves so far.  There is a reason they have done multiple test screens and that is because they are still searching for the story they want to tell in the footage they have. 

Said it elsewhere, i think at some point it was engineers, if it still is when we all go to the theatre remains to be seen.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: fiveways on Apr 03, 2017, 05:51:00 AM
People are giving this production way more credit then it deserves so far.

I promise you I am not.

Never say no to Panda!

Reminds me of Supernatural's Leviathan ^^

http://666kb.com/i/di1p6rrzosvvv7o2q.jpg

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Can someone please make a gif of the grown Neomorph part.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed