Alien Covenant's Box Office Prediction!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Mar 25, 2017, 05:03:28 PM

What do you think of Box office.Com's prediction??

It will be waaay higher than that!!
34 (66.7%)
That's just about right!!
12 (23.5%)
This will be looower than projected numbers!!
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien Covenant's Box Office Prediction!! (Read 23,407 times)

Stolen

I am optimistic, I think Alien Covenant will be a public and critical success

Otherwise the FOX would have already released 6 trailers, 10 spot tv, 3 featurette, James Cameron commercial ...

We have just two trailers there and the movie comes out in 45 days. This is good sign for me, the studio is confident!

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 26, 2017, 03:49:44 PM
I am optimistic, I think Alien Covenant will be a public and critical success

Otherwise the FOX would have already released 6 trailers, 10 spot tv, 3 featurette, James Cameron commercial ...

We have just two trailers there and the movie comes out in 45 days. This is good sign for me, the studio is confident!

This.

And I really want to see the story continue.

Dino21AvP

Here's my prediction

$60-65 million Opening Weekend
$135-140 million Domestic
$310-320 million International
$445-460 million Worldwide

Anthony

Anthony

It will probably hit NO.1 at the BO Opening Weekend. I think it could hit the $500 Mil mark.

Hemi

The studio is confident, you would be blind not to see that. So this thing will be a monster.

And yes, if they weren't we would have seen a Pitchford type commercial by now saying it's the best thing ever... (fcking James Cameron, that commercial on Terminator Genisys....  >:( ...Good lord...) 

BishopShouldGo

And guys remember Alien and Aliens were in the top 10 box office of their years.

Dino21AvP

There will be a few things that will impact its box office totals, such as the release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 two weeks earlier. Then there is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales which opens the week after Alien: Covenant.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=&release=&date=2017-05-05&showweeks=4&p=.htm

Good reviews and strong word of mouth are a must if it's going to be successful.

irn

I'm an eccentric billionaire and have already booked $750 million worth of tickets to ensure its success.

Stolen

Great investment!

Can you give $300M for the sequel too?  ;D

irn

You bet I will!

Pvt. Himmel

This will most likely make a killing at the B/O in a double whammy as it will open in North America, and China the same day.. Which means quadruple the intake in one weekend!! 8)

http://variety.com/2017/film/asia/hollywoods-strong-run-at-china-box-office-set-to-continue-1202033066/     

Richman678

As far as the opening weekend goes they may have it right, but long term I believe the movie will make much more.

CainsSon

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 25, 2017, 08:55:10 PM
$ 95M is really a very low prediction.

My prediction
$ 55M Opening Weekend
$ 146M Domestic
$ 340M International

$ 480-500M worldwide. This would be really excellent if Covenant's budget is $ 100M

I think this seems about accurate to me.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Dino21AvP on Mar 26, 2017, 04:05:42 PM
Here's my prediction

$60-65 million Opening Weekend
$135-140 million Domestic
$310-320 million International
$445-460 million Worldwide

Good shout! Your predictions are in line with my thoughts. I think it'll have to be received excellently to fulfil its potential, but the above are realistic projections.

SuicideDoors

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-transformers-last-knight/

Pro box office have changed their forecast based on social media buzz around Covenant.

I still think it's too low. I think the opening weekend will be closer to $50million (I'd almost say minimum based on buzz)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed