What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,633,003 times)

KiramidHead

Prez

Prez

Like any modern Maiden album it's a grower and requires a few listens but wow - it's glorious. For me personally it is their best since the 7th Son era. It echoes a lot of A Matter of Life and Death which I really like. And whilst I appreciate to the casual listener it sounds exactly like Maiden's previous albums the fact is just that ... it's Maiden - the greatest metal band on the planet. UP THE IRONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmdECjfwgSo&list=PLxA687tYuMWh5MGTQsawcXVyxISFfPC4z&ab_channel=IronMaiden-Topic

HuDaFuK

I've still not got it :laugh: Been too busy rocking out to Dio and Ozzy's solo stuff lately.

Hearing that it recalls A Matter of Life and Death probably won't encourage me to pick it up any sooner either, because that's comfortably my least favourite Maiden album. To me it represents the peak of their post-reunion "make every song far longer than it needs to be and kinda dull as a result" trend.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2021, 08:55:28 AM
I've still not got it :laugh: Been too busy rocking out to Dio and Ozzy's solo stuff lately.

Hearing that it recalls A Matter of Life and Death probably won't encourage me to pick it up any sooner either, because that's comfortably my least favourite Maiden album. To me it represents the peak of their post-reunion "make every song far longer than it needs to be and kinda dull as a result" trend.

I hear ya. All I can say is give it a few whirls once you get the chance. One thing I will say that where as previous albums song's length felt a little too self indulgent this album actually flies through from start to finish for me. Bruce really is the standout on this album. His singing sounds better than ever.

Also which Dio albums are you listening too? Dream Evil has a very special place in my heart and instantly takes me back to late high school in the late 80s listening to that album.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Sep 28, 2021, 12:52:14 PMAlso which Dio albums are you listening too? Dream Evil has a very special place in my heart and instantly takes me back to late high school in the late 80s listening to that album.

Their first three. I already had the 2-disc edition of Holy Diver, but I recently managed to track down the similar reissues of The Last in Line and Sacred Heart for vaguely reasonable prices so I've been spinning them too.

I do like the later albums I've heard but they were never the same once Vivian left after Sacred Heart.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2021, 01:12:48 PM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 28, 2021, 12:52:14 PMAlso which Dio albums are you listening too? Dream Evil has a very special place in my heart and instantly takes me back to late high school in the late 80s listening to that album.

Their first three. I already had the 2-disc edition of Holy Diver, but I recently managed to track down the similar reissues of The Last in Line and Sacred Heart for vaguely reasonable prices so I've been spinning them too.

I do like the later albums I've heard but they were never the same once Vivian left after Sacred Heart.

That last statement is so true. And don't get me wrong as Dio always had some killer guitarist in his line up but Vivian seemed to just be so right in tone to those early albums. And also what's crazy for me is whilst I adore Def Leppard he was never given that same `freedom' to really show his chops.

You listened to any of Last in Line's material?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Sep 28, 2021, 01:21:01 PMYou listened to any of Last in Line's material?

Nope. They worth a listen? I was going to see them live at Download a couple of years ago, but we were only there for the day and it took us so long to queue and get in I just missed them :(

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 28, 2021, 01:31:31 PM
Quote from: Prez on Sep 28, 2021, 01:21:01 PMYou listened to any of Last in Line's material?

Nope. They worth a listen? I was going to see them live at Download a couple of years ago, but we were only there for the day and it took us so long to queue and get in I just missed them :(

They are pretty cool. Great to see Vinnie and Viv together again. Both still are great.

HuDaFuK

I didn't actually realise Vivian was with them! I'll check them out on YouTube some time.

Huggs

Huggs

KiramidHead

BlueMarsalis79

Huggs

Huggs

The alien isolation soundtrack

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed