Why does no one care about the human characters?

Started by KillingJoke, Sep 07, 2007, 01:40:42 AM

Author
Why does no one care about the human characters? (Read 31,429 times)

SM

No humans = no hosts for Aliens.  Box office GOLD!!!

QuoteNo one is saying we should have NO humans...

Iceman is.  And Chibi.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Did you read my post at all...? I don't think it's hard to understand simplified English when you...you know...speak it.

CelticP

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2007, 03:05:26 AM
No humans = no hosts for Aliens.  Box office GOLD!!!

QuoteNo one is saying we should have NO humans...

Iceman is.  And Chibi.
Well they're wrong.

I mean, did anyone give a crap about "Laurie" in Freddy Vs. Jason?  Seriously.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: CelticP on Sep 07, 2007, 03:53:46 AM
[I mean, did anyone give a crap about "Laurie" in Freddy Vs. Jason?  Seriously.

Maybe her chest...I was scared when Freddy started slashing them. ;)

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: CelticP on Sep 07, 2007, 03:53:46 AMWell they're wrong.

...Did my posts just suddenly go invisible? It would explain a lot.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: CelticP on Sep 07, 2007, 03:53:46 AM
I mean, did anyone give a crap about "Laurie" in Freddy Vs. Jason?  Seriously.

Lori. 

And no...but it's not because she was human, it's because she was terribly cast.  Monica Keena was alright on "Undeclared", but her horro movie acting was laughable.

MudButt

I think that the wood that Lori walked on in the dream world was the best actor. It just stood there through all of that, I mean the kids running on it, the bald mutant falling off it, and then splashing all over the wood and it gets wet.. then we have Lori walk all over it.. and then Freddy and Jason stand on it, and then it gets set on fire.. I mean c'mon, is that wood an actor or what?

Back on topic (I think)

I love the human characters.. and the wood ones, but yeah. They are what makes the story seem scarier, more action packed, suspenseful, and woody.

That Yellow Alien

All the acting in Freddy vs Jason was terrible. Except maybe the guy who played the tolken dork.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Most horror movies as of late have had horrible acting and horrible storylines that just tarnish the medium as a whole. Like Antman said in another thread, we just have to hope December rolls around and gives us a film that doesn't fall into mediocrity.

SM

QuoteDid you read my post at all...? I don't think it's hard to understand simplified English when you...you know...speak it.

Yes.

Can you?

QuoteSo while a human-less approach might work for an Alien 5, an AVP story deserves at least some human involvement.

QuoteWell they're wrong.

Goes without saying.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Are we talking about Alien 5? No. We're talking about AVP. You seem to have forgotten the rest of my post in your desire to prove yourself right.

Bishop2

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Sep 07, 2007, 04:59:24 AM
Are we talking about Alien 5? No. We're talking about AVP. You seem to have forgotten the rest of my post in your desire to prove yourself right.

I still want to know how you'd do a human-free Alien 5. 

SM

As would I.

QuoteAre we talking about Alien 5? No. We're talking about AVP. You seem to have forgotten the rest of my post in your desire to prove yourself right.

Says the guy who was talking Alien 5...

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2007, 05:19:39 AMSays the guy who was talking Alien 5...

You sure are a persistent fellow.

QuoteI still want to know how you'd do a human-free Alien 5.

With Alien-on-Alien action, using a fan fiction written by only the best female Inuyasha yaoi writers.

On a more serious note...if you took O'Bannon's interpretation of a civilization transpiring before the giant cataclysm on Acheron/ LV-426, displayed their violent evolution, showed the cataclysm, brought the Space Jockeys into the picture while spicing things up with the Alien that undoubtedly came out of the eventually-fossilized Space Jockey killing the crewmates in a bit of a throwback to Alien, and then ended it millions of years later with the landing of the Nostromo's crew you might be able to make a good film. I'm not saying an utterly silent film, but silent as far as traditional human language (unless you wanted to add some finality to the ending by putting some dialogue from Alien in it).

It would never happen and probably be critically panned as a horrible film since I'm no award-winning writer, but I'm just saying it could be done. I'd say it would make a nice platform to explain how the Preds have Alien eggs, but fans would just ***** about that possibility.

Anyways, back to AVP2...

SM

QuoteYou sure are a persistent fellow.

You talked about an Alien 5 without humans - then condescendingly tried to say you didn't.  you shouldn't expect otherwise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed