Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 830,135 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Joker

King of Comedy

Well, It's clear where they get part about dellusions and comedy. I guess, Taxi Driver gave them depressingly miserable tone. Will find out soon

Prez

Prez

The Baztan Trilogy

Hit and miss. Enjoyed the first one the most. The other two had pacing issues. Felt like they dragged on a bit too much. Wasn't aware of the books they are adapted from but felt it could've been 2 films.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Underwater - 8.5/10

Visually impressive, suspenseful and well acted and directed.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Shasvre on Aug 18, 2020, 03:50:07 PM
Underwater - 8.5/10

Agreed, one of Stewart's better roles I think.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Underwater - 8.5/10

This movie completely caught me off guard with how good it was! Highly recommend it

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 18, 2020, 04:16:26 PM
Underwater - 8.5/10

Better than Twilight?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe
Gamera 2: Attack of Legion

Now we're into the good shit. 8)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 18, 2020, 07:58:47 PM
Underwater - 8.5/10

Better than Twilight?

Uh, nothing beats sparkling vampires, bro!

Prez

Prez

Underwater - 8.5/10

And for some damn reason not available in BluRay in Australia.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Prez on Aug 18, 2020, 11:44:27 PM
I was about to argue then realised I rented it off Google play. Is it really only on DVD? That's awful. The only good thing about the film is the visuals.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Aug 18, 2020, 10:11:22 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Aug 18, 2020, 07:58:47 PM
Underwater - 8.5/10

Better than Twilight?

Uh, nothing beats sparkling vampires, bro!

Quote from: SiL on Aug 18, 2020, 11:47:12 PM
I was about to argue then realised I rented it off Google play. Is it really only on DVD? That's awful. The only good thing about the film is the visuals.

SM

SM

The Black Hole - Every time I watch this I'm convinced there's a good movie in there somewhere.  There's a bunch of religious allusions in the earlier parts of the film that tie in to the ending that I'd never noticed.  And the parallel between how Maximillian kills Anthony Perkins and how Vincent kills Maximillian.

The music is cool, but the tempo is all wrong for the action shoot-out scenes.  The matte paintings are often really good too - until your eye is drawn to where the set stops and painting begins and it's... yikes.  I wonder if they fixed this for Blu-ray.  Might have a look on Disney+ and see what it looks like.

Someone needs to redo this and link madness to what we actually know about black holes - radiation, gravity distorting time etc.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2020, 12:17:28 AM
The Black Hole - Every time I watch this I'm convinced there's a good movie in there somewhere.  There's a bunch of religious allusions in the earlier parts of the film that tie in to the ending that I'd never noticed.  And the parallel between how Maximillian kills Anthony Perkins and how Vincent kills Maximillian.

The music is cool, but the tempo is all wrong for the action shoot-out scenes.  The matte paintings are often really good too - until your eye is drawn to where the set stops and painting begins and it's... yikes.  I wonder if they fixed this for Blu-ray.  Might have a look on Disney+ and see what it looks like.

Someone needs to redo this and link madness to what we actually know about black holes - radiation, gravity distorting time etc.

I think a remake is one of the many things Disney pumped the brakes on after Tomorrowland bombed. But, if a new Tron movie is back on then I guess this could be, too.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I think it was actually Tron: Legacy's tepid reception that halted The Black Hole remake, not Tomorrowland. Koskinski was even going to direct it.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Aug 18, 2020, 11:47:12 PM

Yep. I don't know why. I've asked the guys at the Digital Bits to see why.

Quote from: SM on Aug 19, 2020, 12:17:28 AM

I love this film. Remember seeing it in the cinema. Loved the music, the visuals and man like every other kid would draw endless pictures of Vincent, Old Bob and Maximillian!!

The Cygnus is beautifully realised.
I do agree about the issues in the film though.

The music by John Barry is iconic. One of those big scores from my young childhood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed