Red Band Trailer #2 - New Shot!

Started by Rafael S., Mar 03, 2017, 05:55:03 AM

Author
Red Band Trailer #2 - New Shot! (Read 34,516 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

^That, or Paradise is their ancestral home world from which they've moved on. I've heard, and like, the idea that the Engineers on this planet are basically pilgrims.

acidreign

acidreign

Perhaps the Engineer civilization went into decline and the ones on this planet are all that is left.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's a good possibility. Their reign ended.

BishopShouldGo

I hope the f**k not. Give me tons of Engineers in tons of scenes for the next movie.

And wow, the next movie is already written. For once, Fox is treating this franchise with great care. They're just recovering now! They're just realizing they need a franchise bible now! They're just realizing they need to think of an overall arc now. Well between Covenant and its two sequels, we should be treated to a trilogy of tonally consistent movies. The longest string of tonally consistent franchise entries since Alien and Aliens LOL. The only thing that aches my heart is that I'll never see
Spoiler
James Franco in an Alien movie again. I've wanted him in an Alien movie for years. He could've been Holloway, he could've been the main captain in Covenant or even a co-pilot with McBride, but all he is is a marketing tool and cameo. Disappointing.
[close]

But yeah, Fox fumbled the ball in 1992 and are just barely recovering 25 years later.

Lexxdog

Lexxdog

I don't think there be two more sequels I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed with this move but I hope I'm wrong

Infected

Infected

Quote from: paradiselost on Mar 06, 2017, 12:04:03 AM
Quote from: Infected on Mar 05, 2017, 10:18:52 AM

I am probably late to the party with this info, but the engineer in the red band is standing the same way as King David,

Another "hint" skinned guy that covers himself with cloak is David, not Engineer as everybody thought when trailer came out
Where did you get that? The muscles is red tissue on the picture, i dont think David has red tissue?

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Lexxdog on Mar 06, 2017, 09:16:39 AM
I don't think there be two more sequels I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed with this move but I hope I'm wrong

Regardless of whether or not you get disappointed with this... If the film makes decent coin then they will proceed ahead, but regardless Scott owns this franchise, and FOX will roll over and show their belly to please him. 8)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Fox royally screwed the pooch in 1992.

They are trying to Aliens this one. 
Many rehashed shots.
I can guarantee rehashed lines.
Besides the "the food ain't that bad" one

Loftyshine

Loftyshine

Most of those who complained about space jockeys' revelation as humanoids in Prometheus.....

... Are going to miss the same 'Engineers' a lot.

Infact, a glimpse of a live Engineer with his biomechanical suit in the trailer would have made me enough excited than a rehashed,  revamped Xeno/Neo-morph attacking people.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Loftyshine on Mar 06, 2017, 02:41:50 PM
Most of those who complained about space jockeys' revelation as humanoids in Prometheus.....

... Are going to miss the same 'Engineers' a lot.

Infact, a glimpse of a live Engineer with his biomechanical suit in the trailer would have made me enough excited than a rehashed,  revamped Xeno/Neo-morph attacking people.

You know what you gonna miss? Both Engineers and Xenos when you'll see the god of all things that did all of this:
A splendid pink unicorn.

This stories clearly don't know where to stand on their own and rely on each to try to tell a great ark.
It doesn't even knows clearly where each installment stands trying to close the gap with Alien but Begging to be something else (and trying it hard).
That'll ultimately be it's own demise.

episodenone

Quote from: zoidy on Mar 05, 2017, 09:51:15 AM
Here's a question: assuming David has been rebuilt and on the planet for years, doing his experiments ... why has he not taken another ship and left?

It can only be because there are no ships on this planet for him to take.

Where are their ships? Where is their technology?

We only saw a trailer... the ships could be anywhere... why would David leave when he has all he needs to be God?

zoidy

zoidy

God of whom? There's nobody there.

SM

SM

Maybe there was but he is a jealous God visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate him.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Vermillion on Mar 06, 2017, 01:05:45 PM
Fox royally screwed the pooch in 1992.

They are trying to Aliens this one. 
Many rehashed shots.
I can guarantee rehashed lines.
Besides the "the food ain't that bad" one

Most things are rehashes. Aliens is a rehash. No harm in that. Just curious, but which shots do you think are rehashed from Aliens? I think the two films are conceptually quite similar and believe that Ridley is paying homage to James Cameron this time around. :)

episodenone

Quote from: episodenone on Mar 06, 2017, 09:56:55 PM
Quote from: zoidy on Mar 05, 2017, 09:51:15 AM
Here's a question: assuming David has been rebuilt and on the planet for years, doing his experiments ... why has he not taken another ship and left?

It can only be because there are no ships on this planet for him to take.

Where are their ships? Where is their technology?

We only saw a trailer... the ships could be anywhere... why would David leave when he has all he needs to be God?

OK -- not "God" -- but the "Creator of all life" -- he met his creator, he saw his creator meet his creator -- now he is the Creator [God]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed