Red Band Trailer #2 - New Shot!

Started by Rafael S., Mar 03, 2017, 05:55:03 AM

Author
Red Band Trailer #2 - New Shot! (Read 34,840 times)

paradiselost

I think skinned guy is David, not Engineer.   In several other scenes he had this cloak and hoodie so it looks like on this pic he is taking the cloak off in his lab. This bit intrigues me the most from all the trailers;  I think we are in for several surprises and great ride in May!

famdoola

famdoola

Quote from: paradiselost on Mar 04, 2017, 06:34:48 AM
I think skinned guy is David, not Engineer.   In several other scenes he had this cloak and hoodie so it looks like on this pic he is taking the cloak off in his lab. This bit intrigues me the most from all the trailers;  I think we are in for several surprises and great ride in May!

my bet would be he grabbed a body that wasnt completely destroyed from paradise and is frankensteining himself into a "real boy"

paradiselost

Quote from: famdoola on Mar 04, 2017, 06:58:08 AM

my bet would be he grabbed a body that wasnt completely destroyed from paradise and is frankensteining himself into a "real boy"

Exactly right!  Because now several sites have reported along the lines "David is back, but initially just his head;  eventually he gets full body"
Question is then - who "stitched" him? Shaw?  Not likely -- I think Shaw is not dead, but spends most of the movie in cryosleep & wakes only at the end.  (This sits well with what was released ~2 years ago:   "Shaw' role is much smaller and she spends most of the movie incapacitated)

Also, are these some sort of large screws coming out of his side??

LV-12986

LV-12986

Obviously it would go down the cgi route but it'd be interesting to see him in it, what's not to say he hasn't come across the xenomorph before alien?

Thomas L

Thomas L

Wouldnt this be cool if the story went like this, and hear me out. Shaw and David have crashed into our pretty new planet. The goal of their departure in Prometheus sent Shaw in search for answers from these engineers. She was in complete control when they are marooned, David is merely a head. They find all the dead bodies, no life. Shaw doesnt trust David, she keeps him as a severed head. David gives up information. David eventually gets a body. David now can conduct his own expiraments. Shit gets out of hand. David's genius is intangeable. Shaw has kept one step ahead of David and is still alive when Covenant lands. Its her in the trenchcoat. She helps the crew but ultimately dies. 

David has created the facehugger somehow we know and love/loathe. He did what our engineers could not and harnessed the power of the black goo. Shaw is the only organism cabable of carrying his creation. The covenant crew are a nice surprise ;)

Is this movie is fundamentally about the superiority of A.I.

Spunky

Spunky

My take on it.

Looks like they made it to the Engineers home world, you can see a cloaked figure walking pass thousands of corpses. They got there, found the place 1000 years too late, David was rebuilt, killed or mutated Shaw, she became part of the ship, then David went to a new world to play god?

rabidranger

Quote from: famdoola on Mar 04, 2017, 06:58:08 AM
Quote from: paradiselost on Mar 04, 2017, 06:34:48 AM

It would be "interesting" (not sure that's the right word) if David's head got stitched to an Engineer's body.

paradiselost

Quote from: rabidranger on Mar 04, 2017, 01:47:12 PM

It would be "interesting" (not sure that's the right word) if David's head got stitched to an Engineer's body.

I think that's what we are seeing here.   

David is real star of Prometheus / Covenant / ?  trilogy,  just like Ripley was of Alien 1-4.  David is obsessed with creation of life;  he ends up creating Xenomorph lifeform, going through various transformations himself both physical and mental along the way.  Piano scene and haunting song "There was a boy,  strange enchanted boy, he went very far ..."  is very indicative too.

I also expect big surprise with Shaw.  There was an early still (before trailers were released) of mysterious figure in cryodeck; everyone thought it was Daniels, but I think it was Shaw & this is how she spends most of Covenant, then comes out at the end for some major and unexpected finale.  Noomi Rapace was 3 weeks in Sydney filming;  she didn't spend all this time just to do few flashback scenes.

harlequinade

Quote from: paradiselost on Mar 04, 2017, 07:12:26 PM

I think that's what we are seeing here.   

David is real star of Prometheus / Covenant / ?  trilogy,  just like Ripley was of Alien 1-4.  David is obsessed with creation of life;  he ends up creating Xenomorph lifeform, going through various transformations himself both physical and mental along the way.  Piano scene and haunting song "There was a boy,  strange enchanted boy, he went very far ..."  is very indicative too.

I also expect big surprise with Shaw.  There was an early still (before trailers were released) of mysterious figure in cryodeck; everyone thought it was Daniels, but I think it was Shaw & this is how she spends most of Covenant, then comes out at the end for some major and unexpected finale.  Noomi Rapace was 3 weeks in Sydney filming;  she didn't spend all this time just to do few flashback scenes.

that's clearly Daniels

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 03, 2017, 10:44:04 PM
Are there full screen caps of the trailer anywhere?

They're coming! Don't worry.  :)

I'd been hoping to see him attached to some sort of Engineer biomechanoid suit of some variety.

leeroy!

leeroy!

ah man! i need the avp galaxy podcast on this stuff and i need it now! haha 2 hours plus please!

paradiselost

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 04, 2017, 08:00:24 PM
I'd been hoping to see him attached to some sort of Engineer biomechanoid suit of some variety.

maybe that happens in 3rd movie as part of full transformation:   Android -- Hybrid -- Biotech
Which could mean he loses his head again at end of Covenant  8)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: leeroy! on Mar 04, 2017, 08:21:17 PM
ah man! i need the avp galaxy podcast on this stuff and i need it now! haha 2 hours plus please!

Lol I've no doubt we'll be having a lengthy chat. Currently scheduled in to do a podcast covering the prologue, the new trailer and the set reports tomorrow evening (well, my tomorrow).

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Can't wait!

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Evanus on Mar 03, 2017, 04:15:48 PM
Quote from: OmarVel1692 on Mar 03, 2017, 04:07:49 PM
How the interior of the engineer could be reddish-brown if his skin and coloration it's blue? ...
I wonder about this too.
https://i0.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Engineer.jpg?fit=475%2C%209999&crop=0%2C0%2C100%2C340px
Here you can see the engineer isn't red inside, but more grayish.

Yeah but that's also the insides while disintegrating from a shot of black goo...that's hardly a valid example, lol...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed