Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition

Started by x-M-x, Feb 19, 2016, 06:55:20 PM

Author
Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition (Read 200,291 times)

x-M-x

x-M-x

Reinstall > delete the avp2 folder then use ccleaner to clean the reg files etc and reinstall them in this order.

AVP2 CD1/CD/2
1.0.9.6 UPDATE
SP UPDATE
MP UPDATE
NO CD

Default install location would be. "C:\Program Files\Fox\Aliens vs. Predator 2" or any drive you wish.

---
--------------

I've seen this problem pop up several times by a few people.. they simply fixed it via a reinstall and clean the reg.

(i actually thought it was the AIO that caused this at some point) - but one user was using  a disc and he got this error lol

if it fails again? then update your install shield for windows 10

- Good luck!

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: x-M-x on Jan 11, 2018, 09:28:15 AM

Reinstall > delete the avp2 folder then use ccleaner to clean the reg files etc and reinstall them in this order.

AVP2 CD1/CD/2
1.0.9.6 UPDATE
SP UPDATE
MP UPDATE
NO CD

Default install location would be. "C:\Program Files\Fox\Aliens vs. Predator 2" or any drive you wish.

---
--------------

I've seen this problem pop up several times by a few people.. they simply fixed it via a reinstall and clean the reg.

(i actually thought it was the AIO that caused this at some point) - but one user was using  a disc and he got this error lol

if it fails again? then update your install shield for windows 10

- Good luck!

Ran the CCleaner, but it didn't do anything really. it is now giving me this everytime I run the setup.

x-M-x

lol catastrophic failure? what on earth.

Something is a miss here..... make sure you place the AvP2 All in One folder on ya desktop and make sure your security isn't blocking the setup or any files related to the cd contents (this is definitely something on your end) as i have just tried it again and it installs fine.

And you're on windows 10, it should install no problem.

Keep trying.

Only use ccleaner for reg files (it does help) and make sure you delete any fox/avp2 related folder before re-installing.

The Snipes

This issue is more common than usual and mostly derives from messing with the registry improperly. The problem here as I find it not being really addressed is that the game is just too old and has not been patched up to be compatible with newer operating systems. On occasions you will find the one person claiming that since they didn't have a problem everybody else doesn't. Truth is that this game is coming at the end of its tracks.  :'(

My recommendation, use an operating system from Windows 8 or below. Even at Windows 8 you wont be able to get the most out of the game like modding as WinRez has stopped being functional for Windows 8 and above.

x-M-x

Quote from: The Snipes on Jan 15, 2018, 09:20:36 AM
This issue is more common than usual and mostly derives from messing with the registry improperly. The problem here as I find it not being really addressed is that the game is just too old and has not been patched up to be compatible with newer operating systems. On occasions you will find the one person claiming that since they didn't have a problem everybody else doesn't. Truth is that this game is coming at the end of its tracks.  :'(

My recommendation, use an operating system from Windows 8 or below. Even at Windows 8 you wont be able to get the most out of the game like modding as WinRez has stopped being functional for Windows 8 and above.

It is indeed odd.... I've installed this pack on 10+ machines each from XP to windows 10 not a problem...
(it's also down to certain GPU'S that cause error's)

You don't need Winrez to mod/make skins you know... Lithrez does the job fine (command line based)  easy to use.

Did you try the AIO pack? work well or issues?

Cheers
x-M-x

The Snipes

It works for any operating system under Windows 10 without fail. The Windows 10 is a real hit and miss though as some computers tend to play it on that operating system for some reason. I can play it on my old tower though with no issues. Some guys are brain storming on the AIO topic on Global to try and come up with ideas on how we can reverse the issue though. I haven't been able to think of anything.

x-M-x

Quote from: The Snipes on Jan 15, 2018, 11:14:21 PM
It works for any operating system under Windows 10 without fail. The Windows 10 is a real hit and miss though as some computers tend to play it on that operating system for some reason. I can play it on my old tower though with no issues. Some guys are brain storming on the AIO topic on Global to try and come up with ideas on how we can reverse the issue though. I haven't been able to think of anything.

Windows 10 is hit n miss, it installed fine for me without issues (this issue is internal) as it's only ISO files nothing else is missing.

Who knows... then again what else Microsoft will bring out in the next 5/10 years will be worse (unless its still windows 10 lol)

The Snipes

Yeah, don't worry, your All in One Pack has nothing wrong with it.

Corporal Hicks

Appologies if it's been addressed in here somewhere but I haven't read through the thread yet. Has anyone run into issues unrezing this download? I'm trying to get at the various sound effects but the folders all just contain DirTypeSounds and now actual sound files.

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2018, 03:35:49 PM
Appologies if it's been addressed in here somewhere but I haven't read through the thread yet. Has anyone run into issues unrezing this download? I'm trying to get at the various sound effects but the folders all just contain DirTypeSounds and now actual sound files.

You need to use unrez.bat

And it will extract everything for you. (just takes time... and sometimes it looks like it's doing nothing lol) but it actually is.

Install tools then tools_update1 then tools_update 2

Extract via unrez.bat

wait a bit..... and inside your avp2 directory should be a folder simply called (AVP2)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I did.  :-\ It said it had finished unpacking and I can see all the various folders inside AvP2. Just no actual content aside from the DirTypeSounds.

Tried restarting and trying again. Saw a bunch of errors come up but didn't catch them. Will try again and screencap.

skull-splitter

Finally got around reinstalling, runs like a charm. The only thing I wish for is forcing a set resolution and some FSAA.

prophecy8

Do I need the Master Server patch in order to play over a LAN?

x-M-x

Quote from: prophecy8 on Jun 22, 2018, 11:58:57 PM
Do I need the Master Server patch in order to play over a LAN?

Nope, you can use gameranger evolve for LAN.  :)

I think they removed LAN in the latest MSP i'm not sure.

D88M

Can i like, make my own scenes wit hthose tools? I have an idea for an AVP story and it would be nice to at least turn it to visuals

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed