Alien: Isolation Promo Artwork

Started by Nightlord, Dec 07, 2013, 08:57:47 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation Promo Artwork (Read 44,684 times)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 08, 2013, 06:01:40 PM
Just got unofficial confirmation from someone at CA that these were made by them indeed.

Whaaaaa

robbritton

robbritton

After all of Gearbox's utter fumbling of canon, I'm quite happy to have a game that can't even HOPE to fit! So Amanda Ripley met the Aliens eh, chaps? Of COURSE she did. (Rubs chin)

As long as its a good game, I'll take any old rubbish in the story department at this juncture. Oh, and the film wasn't up to much, but I though Mary Winstead did a great Sigourney Weaver in The Thing, so if you wanna get her on board, that'd be just dandy.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

The second image is of the Nostromo refinery.

That's pretty f'king cool.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 08, 2013, 08:24:44 PM
The second image is of the Nostromo refinery.

That's pretty f'king cool.

I'm on the fence about that. How could anything survive that explosion mostly intact?

Although as robbriton says, as long as the game is good, it's not very important. It's not like this is Alien 5, or something...

MrSpaceJockey

Nope, definitely NOT the Nostromo refinery.  Even Googling up the model for 10 seconds would be enough to tell that they're both different looking.

SM

SM

Apart from the dome on the underside, it looks nothing like the refinery.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

"Reminiscent of, but not the same thing as" works for me. Gives me hope that they're going to nail the visual aesthetics at the very least.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I know this is still around 20 years after ALIEN, but I hope we get to see more of the Egyptian W/Y motif, and lots of winged sun logos.  8)

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2013, 12:24:48 AM

Hell, that could be a moon for all we know.

newbeing

newbeing

If the game is good let it be Ripley's cousin's sister-in-law's god niece for all I care.
Promo art looks good, but then again some of A:CM's promo art looked good too.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 08, 2013, 04:15:00 PM
I really like both images, but that first one of (presumably) Amanda really pops, for me. It suggests they're really concentrating on character and tension, as opposed to just the plain ol' pew pew.

I'm afraid all it demonstrates is that the art department were told to evoke Ripley for promotional reasons.

I'd even go so far as to suspect the visual reference given was of when Ripley is slowly turning around, in fear, in the escape shuttle.

SM

SM

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 09, 2013, 12:28:03 AM
I know this is still around 20 years after ALIEN, but I hope we get to see more of the Egyptian W/Y motif, and lots of winged sun logos.  8)

Quote from: SM on Dec 09, 2013, 12:24:48 AM

Hell, that could be a moon for all we know.

A moon, you say?

jeffchow

jeffchow

unfortunately the green reminds me of resurrection

Dill-On

Dill-On

yes, they should used brown color  :)

http://www.platypuscomix.net/hollywood/ridleyvsjerry1.jpg

MrSpaceJockey

Honestly Alien probably has the most neutral color palettes out of all the films (while Aliens can obviously be associated with blue, Alien 3 with yellow/brown).  The green's often associated with its promo material and even the iconic poster so that why it works for most here. Safe to say the game won't look have that tint.

Dowly

Dowly

Quote from: robbritton on Dec 08, 2013, 08:07:33 PM
As long as its a good game, I'll take any old rubbish in the story department at this juncture. Oh, and the film wasn't up to much, but I though Mary Winstead did a great Sigourney Weaver in The Thing, so if you wanna get her on board, that'd be just dandy.
Thanks! I've been wondering who that woman in the picture looks like, she looks a lot like Winstead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed