Sharp Talks Fast Track To Heaven

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2010, 05:44:58 PM

Author
Sharp Talks Fast Track To Heaven (Read 4,005 times)

Corporal Hicks

Comic writer and artist, Liam Sharp, recently talked to Comic Book Resources regarding the upcoming novella he is creating for Dark Horse, Fast Track to Heaven:

“The Aliens universe is quite convoluted so – given that my story is relatively short – I wanted it to be accessible to anybody, and as close as I could get in tone to the original movie,” Sharp told CBR. “[Editor Chris Warner] wanted something that really pitted the everyman with the Alien, so my story is very much about the humans, too. It’s set at a contemporary time to the first movie, more or less, and you’ll see some of the design elements are taken from that. I’ve also made a few clear nods to the original classic Walt Simonson graphic adaptation of the movie, which was terrific. Other than that, I’ve avoided looking at other Aliens comics – there’s too much temptation to be influenced!”

Sharp talks a great deal about the project and his aims for the comic. The article also includes a 2 page preview that looks absolutely wonderful. This is certainly one to keep our eyes on boys and girls. Aliens: Fast Track to Heaven is due out June 16, 2010.

Corporal Hicks

I've got a really good feeling about this novella. That artwork is fantastic and I love the focus on the Alien style.

Purebreedalien

Definately going to keep an eye out for this one.

ShadowPred

Heavan?

Corporal Hicks

I love the Alien-ness to the visuals. The spacesuits and the cocoons. Look very similar to the original ones in Alien.

ShadowPred

The title may have been edited, but for some reason, in the forum it still shows up as HeavAn, lol.

Pillola_AP

wow   :P  

Corporal Hicks

The forum needs to time to refresh that data and update.

@ Pillola - Looks amazing doesn't it?

Xenomorphine

Is that a scene of someone being egged? Certainly looks like it...

Corporal Hicks

Indeed it does. Finally seeing a return.

peanut8

peanut8

Those two preview pages were awesome. This might just be one of the best 'Aliens' comics ever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed