The Weyland-Yutani Debrief - Videos about Alien Lore

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 13, 2018, 07:32:57 AM

Author
The Weyland-Yutani Debrief - Videos about Alien Lore (Read 11,754 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Apr 13, 2018, 09:38:20 AM
Ah, yes.  Side projects.  I know them well by their level of not-finishedness.

If only there was more time and motivation in the week.  :'(

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 13, 2018, 11:06:00 AM
I knew it.  Hicks' decent into the mouth of madness has finally begun...

https://i.imgur.com/YfYkoeo.gif

Wadya mean finally?

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 13, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I wanna see that fan comic!  ;D

Hopefully someday! I did actually start writing after years of just working on the concept.  :laugh:

QuoteOn the video, I really liked it, it was well made and very detailed in presentation. Would like to see more.

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 13, 2018, 05:18:42 PM
Having not read the Rogue Series or the novel. I enjoyed it very much. 8)

Thank you, both.  :) Hopefully we'll be able to get them out relatively regularly. I've already got an idea for my next one!  :)

QuoteI can so relate to unfinished side projects. My to "read" pile is growing daily! :D

That pile will never ever end.  :laugh:

The Cruentus

Nice video Hicks, It will be great to see a series of videos about the lore of the franchise from AVPgalaxy, heh just make sure you cite the sources and give credit where its due if you happen to use anything from other places.  :laugh:

At least so far, you've kept it original, some videos about the lore have the youtubers literally read right off our wiki without crediting us.  :P

Wweyland

Video looks great, I also noticed the absence of the Kenner King.
I am actually working on an article about the Alien King myself.
Looks like you're doing keyword research, which is good.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 15, 2018, 03:35:23 PM
Nice video Hicks, It will be great to see a series of videos about the lore of the franchise from AVPgalaxy, heh just make sure you cite the sources and give credit where its due if you happen to use anything from other places.  :laugh:

At least so far, you've kept it original, some videos about the lore have the youtubers literally read right off our wiki without crediting us.  :P

You can guarantee I would cite sources. I know that's a bug bear about some existing videos on YouTube. That said, I don't intend to have to as like I did with this one, I'll be going directly to the source and doing my own research.

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 15, 2018, 04:52:24 PM

I'm not sure what I would have been able to say outside of "Kenner also did one." I don't believe he came with a mini-comic. Did the Kenner figures used to come with any lore on the back of the cards? I can't recall.

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 16, 2018, 07:29:17 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Apr 15, 2018, 03:35:23 PM

You can guarantee I would cite sources. I know that's a bug bear about some existing videos on YouTube. That said, I don't intend to have to as like I did with this one, I'll be going directly to the source and doing my own research.

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 15, 2018, 04:52:24 PM

I'm not sure what I would have been able to say outside of "Kenner also did one." I don't believe he came with a mini-comic. Did the Kenner figures used to come with any lore on the back of the cards? I can't recall.

I think the Kenner King was one of the few missing a comic. The other Kenner comics didn't reference him either. Not sure about the back card though.

The Cruentus

The Kenner toys are notoriously wacky, they made a whole line of different Xeno tpyes like gorilla, snake and even giant facehuggers.  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

New lore video up!  :)

Local Trouble

Is that you narrating?

Corporal Hicks

Local Trouble

You sound so...sane.

Corporal Hicks

It's all a ploy. Don't be fooled by my talent.

The Cruentus

If that is a confession to being insane then prepare to be sectioned for an eternity!

Haven't checked this new lore video out yet as I won't be able to hear it where i am,  I take it by the title its about the newer information gained from the cold forge?

Corporal Hicks

New episode is up!

Bad Replicant

Finally watched a few of these, happy to see AVPG getting into this and they're nicely put together. Maybe it's me, but I feel like I'm noticing more scrutiny than ever with the xenomorph thing. I always just took it with an assumed amount of license in-universe. Gorman uses it generally as mentioned anyways, but I guess it got messier from there.

And hey, Alien is a broad term too, but we give that one a damn pass just because it was the name of the film and looks pretty on officially licensed coloring books...!

(:P :P)

OpenMaw

In response to the second video, about the facehuggers -

Personally I have always preferred the idea that whatever the Hugger was inserting into the host was more along the lines of a "renaissance semen." Utilizing host DNA to finalize the early stage of gestation. This would also potentially allow the injected material to pass through the esophageal wall and attach near the heart and lungs. It would explain the very adaptable and dynamic nature of the Alien appearances and cross breeds, and just how nastily the genetic material of Ripley seemed to fuse with the Alien in Resurrection. It's amorphous and subversive.

Also, Hicks, you guys are doing a wonderful job on these videos. Very entertaining, atmospheric, and informative. Very high quality audio, as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed