ACM at Comic-Con 2012

Started by ikarop, Jul 05, 2012, 11:32:38 PM

Author
ACM at Comic-Con 2012 (Read 34,594 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jul 23, 2012, 04:49:57 AM
Aw jeez, you fanboys make me laugh.  It's 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution' all over again; the whiny fanboys moaned about the highlighted interactive spots and so Eidos gave players an option of turning that particular function off.  Guess what?  Everybody who played that game ended up using said feature because SHOCK, HORROR... it made for a better gameplay experience! 

Ingrateful curmudgeons, you are.  Game developers, you are not.  You think you know best; "the game should be completely authentic to the film's canon".  Ultimately, there's a reason that Gearbox are in the business of developing games; because they're professionals.  You are not.  End of.

I'm utterly tired of these 'armchair developers', you're all frakking clueless.

Best case scenario (as far as the fanboys are concerned) - Gearbox ends up including an option to enable/disable acid damage within the single player campaign.  Each and every player disables the acid damage after 5 minutes because it makes for a fundamentally broken gameplay experience.

Films and games are two different forms of media.  Wise up, people!

I agree. people need to have a sense of disbelief. the game is an adaptation of a franchise developed for film, there will be need for adjustments. and this acid feud have gone on way to long. Not even ALIENS followed up on acid damage all time. (APC´s wheels for instance)

Buy the game or dont.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Jesus, Bobby Brown, you post is as ignorant as the post you quoted, which was ALL about the acid blood. By the time that post was even made on this forum, the acid blood issue had already been taken care of, Gearbox had just recently said at the time that it WAS in the game.

Read up on things before quoting a post only to agree with someone who had done the same mistake as you.

FightFinda

FightFinda

St Eddies post is by no means ignorant and its purpose of declaring that the devs have a better idea of how to 'develop' a game than the fans, still stands; whether he was talking in the context of the acid blood issue is beside the point, my friend.

Fanboys are still making ill-gotten demands left, right and centre on how they want the game. The way I see it is, if you've got the credentials, you make the decisions. You can talk the talk here, but GBX are the professionals, and they're the only ones who have walked the walk.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: FightFinda on Aug 04, 2012, 04:34:18 PM
The way I see it is, if you've got the credentials, you make the decisions. You can talk the talk here, but GBX are the professionals, and they're the only ones who have walked the walk.

that's why the game industry is doing so well huh?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

St Eddies post is by no means ignorant and its purpose of declaring that the devs have a better idea of how to 'develop' a game than the fans, still stands; whether he was talking in the context of the acid blood issue is beside the point, my friend.

Fanboys are still making ill-gotten demands left, right and centre on how they want the game. The way I see it is, if you've got the credentials, you make the decisions. You can talk the talk here, but GBX are the professionals, and they're the only ones who have walked the walk.

And it doesn't seem to be working, whatever Gearbox is doing.

Predaker

Predaker

These are internet forums. What is wrong with posting ideas and opinions of the game? Like you said, in the end gearbox has the final say. The game is in their hands.

"The hands of a madman..."

scm

scm

So did anyone else besides me actually play the game?

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yes - Tonks and Newbeing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed