Prometheus Set & Location Pictures

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 08, 2011, 09:38:34 AM

Author
Prometheus Set & Location Pictures (Read 81,106 times)

Corporal Hicks

Thanks to another anonymous reader I’ve now got three new Prometheus set pictures for you feast your eyes on:

This airlock looks a lot like the exterior of the Nostromo airlock and at the top of the piece you can see a logo that looks like a cross between the W-Y logo from Aliens and the bird wings logo of Alien. The other two pictures show the cavern entrance but fully closed, you can see the hieroglyphs on the door and the landing leg from the promotional image. You can see the rest here!

These second set comes from a not-so anonymous reader, C.Reux, who found these location pictures on an Icelandic forum. These pictures show the location that was previously photoed and erroneously reported as shots from the movie. You can view them here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

[Set Images Removed]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Images removed at request of Fox.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2011, 09:39:19 AM

Weyland logo ooh

EDIT:  PANDA, Hook us up again with that logo you did a month ago or so

x-M-x

x-M-x

Sick,

GIVE US A TRAILER GOD DAMMIT

:o

Welshwilderbeast

Oh waw looks awesome still haven't completely understood what Prometheus is though. Is it a prequel to alien will it involve xeno's?

Keyes

Keyes

Nobody really knows what Prometheus is, but it will almost certainly feature the Space Jockey. Consider that your connection to Alien for now, and if we get anything else it's a bonus :)

It looks like there is writing beneath the logo, possibly spelling out Weylan(d)-Yutani when you zoom up on it... can anyone make it clearer?

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: Welshwilderbeast on Oct 08, 2011, 09:56:01 AM
Is it a prequel to alien will it involve xeno's?

I'd say with 99.99% certainty it's a prequel.

Xeno's... probably.

Ash 937

I don't get it.  Why don't these guys just hire Industrial Light and Magic to render all of their props in CGI?  It seems a little dated and too much work altogether to build set pieces like this in 2011.

NUB DESTROYER

The only thing I see remotely wasteful is the cavern enterance -- the scale could be a bit smaller like the hive set in Aliens. But Ridley made it a point to go old school whenever possible.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 08, 2011, 10:09:10 AM
I don't get it.  Why don't these guys just hire Industrial Light and Magic to render all of their props in CGI?  It seems a little dated and too much work altogether to build set pieces like this in 2011.

Because Ridley is a craftsman.

SHREK

SHREK

I dont really know much about the movie, it may sound like a dumb question. But will there actually be Xenomorphs in this film? or is it sometihng completely different and not have aliens in (xeno aliens) ? thanks

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 08, 2011, 10:09:10 AM

NOTHING beats film work being done pratically. Nothing. Dated you say? Maybe my house should have been built out of CGI too! :laugh:

The guys who build the props, models and sets etc do so because they love it. It's the craftmanship. My Dad works at a carpenter... many people love things done traditionally, and Ridley is one of them. And thank god I say.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: SHREK on Oct 08, 2011, 10:19:50 AM
I dont really know much about the movie, it may sound like a dumb question. But will there actually be Xenomorphs in this film? or is it sometihng completely different and not have aliens in (xeno aliens) ? thanks

No one knows. They've done a fairly good job of keeping it under wraps.

Although from what we've seen, it's got more than a passing link.

Ash 937

Ash 937

I don't mean to offend anyone with my comment.  I'm just pointing out that this whole film can be done more practically and efficiently with today's technology.  The guys who do CGI are also craftsmen in their own right...and if you look at films like Star Wars Ep 1-3, you can really tell how authentic everything can look with modern computer tech.  I think a lot of fans of the Alien movies don't trust CGI because they had a bad experience with the way things looked in Alien3...but that was 20 years ago and technology has come so far since then.  I thin FOX should have insisted on using Industrial Light and Magic to make this film...but since they didn't, I guess we can just file this one under the long list of mistakes that FOX has made with this franchise since the 1990's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed