The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 20, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

Do you think they should make another AVP film?

Yes, continuing from the previous films.
Yes, but disregarding the previous AVP films (New continuity)
No, they should be kept seperate.
No, the  AVP movies messed up the franchise.
Not sure/maybe.
Author
The future of the Alien vs. Predator franchise (Read 23,172 times)

The Cruentus

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 25, 2018, 11:48:16 PM
I believe separating them in that manner is ultimately unnecessary.
There's nothing in the Alien prequels that couldn't simply be recontextualised in further entries.

Maybe but personally I don't think David creating the Xenos leaves a good mythology for a new AVP to build on. As someone said, the Aliens as an ancient race is more interesting, their origin doesn't even need to be explained fully, just hints here and there so that some ambiguity can be maintained.

Master

Covenant`s continuity is the worst what happened to Alien since AVP-R. I breaks what was shown in nerly all alien films. I don`t want such piece of crap acknowleged anywhere. On Alien side of AvP, build up on first four films.

SiL

It didn't go against anything shown in the Alien movies. Just the AvP movies.

Master

I did go against ancient space jockey and ship full of  Alien eggs. It did go against how androids were depicted in all Alien films.

The Old One

The Old One

No, it went against your assumptions about them.

Which again; can always be recontextualised.

That includes David being responsible for the creation of the titular Alien & the SJ and Engineers being one and the same.

Master

Jockey looked entirely different and was fossilized and Androids were not Wolverines with Matrix style combat techniques. This is not my assumption.

426Buddy

Couldnt be fossilized... thats not how fossilization works.

Master

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 26, 2018, 01:19:25 PM
Couldnt be fossilized... thats not how fossilization works.

I'm aware.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Master on Aug 26, 2018, 01:15:57 PM
Jockey looked entirely different and was fossilized and
Androids were not Wolverines with Matrix style combat techniques. This is not my assumption.

Yes, it is plainly your assumption- android models were never shown in combat roles or taking minor injury in the past.
It's also made plainly clear, from Alien to Aliens, to Resurrection and Prometheus that each model is different.

I don't believe the ships we saw in any of the prequels were the Space Jockey's ship, so the discrepancy is irrelevant for now.
They were never on-screen stated to be the same thing, that's just an assumption for now.

Before you start quoting BTS material statements, R.S also said that the Alien would regenerate and we have no evidence of that either;
Whatever the intention may be, that's not what's onscreen.

Master

How so? We've seen Call geting minor injury and she didnt regenerate shit. She was 200 years more advenced then Dawid. We also seen Ash in close combat. He's head was ripped off by fire extinguisher!

Vermillion

There you have it.

Strike Covenant off the Alien canon record.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Master on Aug 26, 2018, 02:13:50 PM
How so?

Call was an Auton, a robot designed by robots, the most human of them all- in mannerisms too.

Yes, we've seen Ash sustain major injury- the same injury that David sustained and neither of them would have been
functional without assistance, David would never have regained control of his body if not for Elizabeth Shaw.
The point is, they're different models and even those in close proximity in terms of time are different.

Master

I'm talking about Walter.

The Old One

The Old One

So?

Different model, different capabilities.
Walter's injury to the neck is the most minor of injuries that we've seen androids sustain-
From David's perspective he was cutting the cord that makes Walter run, unaware that Walter-
unlike David has a backup for that particular injury.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Master on Aug 26, 2018, 02:13:50 PM
How so? We've seen Call geting minor injury and she didnt regenerate shit. She was 200 years more advenced then Dawid. We also seen Ash in close combat. He's head was ripped off by fire extinguisher!

And just to throw it out there, Ash did seem to be malfunctioning at this point anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed