Alien Covenant: Chestbursters and Queen Alien

Started by City Hunter Yautja, Jul 25, 2021, 09:38:14 AM

Author
Alien Covenant: Chestbursters and Queen Alien (Read 9,035 times)

City Hunter Yautja

I was rewatching the footage of David unleashing is Ozmadias payload on the Engineers. I originally thought the black goo only killed them like the Engineer at the beginning of Prometheus, but if you watch carefully Deacons or Xenomorphs burst out of certain male and female Engineers's chests.

Which makes me wonder. Is it possible that one became a Queen and laid the eggs David had in his cave? 

Nightmare Asylum

No. The film is very explicit about David having creates the eggs and their payload himself, by design, after years of experimentation on the planet with the raw materials that he had at his disposal.

BlueMarsalis79

Hybrid forms as David says in the film.

But likely closer to Neomorphs and Abominations than anything else.

Certainly no traditional Aliens.

Immortan Jonesy

He said he would do the same to Daniels that he did to Shaw. This is pure personal speculation, but I suppose the queen must have been created in the Covenant sequel, by experimenting with her.

Huggs

It was implied during the end of Advent.

City Hunter Yautja

My theory, David releases the black goo on the Engineers, and one of them as seen in the scene has a chestburster Queen, who then lays the eggs in the cave. This still makes David the father of the species because he unleashed the goo on the Engineers, but reconciles the idea of a Queen which is in a majority of the films. 

BlueMarsalis79

No thank you honestly, and that does not work with David's Drawings that chronicles the creation of the Alien from a myriad of sources, and The Pathogen does not create the traditional Alien outright.

That idea's not supported by anything in the story itself.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 25, 2021, 08:24:28 PM
No thank you honestly, and that does not work with David's Drawings that chronicles the creation of the Alien from a myriad of sources, and The Pathogen does not create the traditional Alien outright.

That idea's not supported by anything in the story itself.

The two are not mutually exclusive, David could be doing his experiments but also have reactions that surprised him; he said the goo reacted differently with organisms, and bred hybrid lifeforms. It is conceivable a Queen came forth from one of the Engineers, not a Queen quite at the level of Aliens, but a Queen that could lay eggs, a Deaconess.

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer him getting the ovums from Doctor Elizabeth Shaw personally in terms of David's character and for dozens of other reasons within and without the film itself.

City Hunter Yautja

My issue is retconning the Queen out of it affects so much of the continuity. The result is fans split into Team Alien (Alien, Prometheus, Covenant) or Team Aliens (Aliens, Alien3, Ressurection, AVP, AVPR) when it comes to the Xeno-origins.

BlueMarsalis79

Just because the Queen does not exist yet by the time of Alien Covenant does not mean it never will.

Nightmare Asylum

The only way I think it would really work now for David to not be the direct creator of the Aliens (while still maintaining continuity) would be for him to realize that he is part of some cycle that repeats over and over again through history, a la the situation in Raised by Wolves, and for him to have a profoundly negative reaction to such a revelation – at this point, David and the Aliens are so intrinsically intertwined that any film that treats the prequels as canon either has to wholeheartedly maintain David in the role of direct creator, or subvert it in service of David's story. To skirt around it in order to offend/disappoint the least amount of people would be a disservice.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jul 25, 2021, 08:55:29 PM
Just because the Queen does not exist yet by the time of Alien Covenant does not mean it never will.

True, but it messes with the more easy to understand lifecycle, an egglayer who is the salvation of the species, and that any drone can become one.

I suppose though, if you go back to black goo there is infinite ways this "Perfect Lifeform" can come to be.

BlueMarsalis79

I don't understand what you mean.

City Hunter Yautja

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed