Questions for Peter Briggs?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 02, 2021, 02:02:38 PM

Author
Questions for Peter Briggs? (Read 6,232 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hey all,

We're going to be chatting to Peter Briggs soon. If you don't know the drill or are new, please feel free to throw up any questions that you might have for him. If it's not something I've already got and it's something that I think could lead to something interesting, I'll add it into the questions towards the end of the interview. :)

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

It's been ages (literally decades) since I read the script and much of the story around it, so my memory of this is really hazy. But given that license holders usually won't touch spec scripts for existing properties, what were the steps involved in getting Fox interested to the point of buying it? Was it easier to pitch such things back then that it is now, or vice versa? Asking as a writer who aspires to resurrect a beloved property that his been long-dormant.

If my understanding of the situation is inaccurate, feel free to disregard.

BlueMarsalis79

Would he consider pitching it to Disney in any capacity?

SiL

SiL

What can he tell us about the script apparently being dusted off and considered for Roland Emmerich later in the 90s, if anything?

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

What were the differences in the mysterious second draft? If you were to write the story now what would you do? Would you still want to adapt Darkhorse's original?

oduodu

oduodu

what would he personally have liked to have seen happen to the franchise and given what has happened what would he like to see next?

ty

426Buddy

426Buddy

What did he think of the AvP films?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed