Gears of War

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2006, 08:30:58 PM

Author
Gears of War (Read 17,462 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Im about halfway to my headshot kills achievement and i just got my execution one today. I need to work on the curb stomp and itll be a long long time til i get the nade and chainsaw one because i rarely ever do those.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^ impressive, sadly my membership expire until I pay for a new one, I'm waiting for the Halo 3 beta.

AI controlled Dom seems not to understand about covering when being shot.

DB

DB

Quote from: DB on Feb 07, 2007, 02:02:52 AM
I've only played a tad of multiplayer but from what I played and saw it's a blast. It's probably one of the best designed multiplayer games I've ever seen.

It's probably one of the best designed multiplayer games I've ever seen.

GoW pwns.

Ze scarecrow

Ze scarecrow

It is, runnning up to your enemy and chainsawing his ass is just damn fun, an pretty to look at

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

To be completely honest, I find Halo 2 more enjoyable than Gears of War, there is just a lack of variety in GOW.

It's basically run to a weapon before the other guys, and watch half your team die like asshats instead of using patience and tactics.

I'm more than halfway on head shots, haven't used the longshot too much, and I am about 17 or 18 hammer of dawn kills.

I don't really keep track of the other achievements.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

^ I agree with Celtic, Gears could benefit with some vehicles like Halo 2. the thing is I find it much easier to kill people in Halo 2 then Gears(maybe because I played Halo more) also pretty much each gametype is a team game in GOW, which could suck if you don't have good teammates.

Berserk360

Berserk360

It's an awesome short game but try to beat on on the very hardest mode its more fun that way!!!

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Vehicles wold screw up MP in GOW.  It's just not a game that can benefit with vehicles.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

depends on the level and how they would modfiy the vehicles. The junker in the game wasn't as fun or easy as handling a warthog, then again it was suppose to be an old beatup transport. But I picture if you were facing a Brumak or a couple of Corpsers, you would get the Gears version of a tank or so.

also like in Halo 2 the maps would vary between huge maps for vehicles to small enviroments like the ones in GoW mp. vehicles shouldn't be in all maps either and since this is Epic we're talking about I suppose the sequel's mp will be revamp as well.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

You can't compare Halo and GOW, 2 very, very different games.

Vehicles work for Halo's multiplayer, but will never work for GOW mp.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

You can't compare Halo and GOW, 2 very, very different games.

when have I said they're the same game ? GoW is a 3rd person stop n pop shooter, while Halo 2 is a run n gun 1st person shooter.

you disagree on vehicles yet they had a vehicle level with a junker in SP and considering Epic made Unreal tournment with vehicles, what's to say they don't for Gears ? I know UT is very different to Gears but I wouldn't pass Epic for at least trying.

and I think Epic could pull it off to boot. if not MP then SP campaign.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Gears of War isn't about vehicle combat though, it's about team work along with maneuvering to get the biggest advantadge on the other team.

Oh, also, a new update is coming on Monday April 9th, we get a brand new gametype called Annex, basically, you hold control points on a map in order to get time to win.

BiggyMac04

BiggyMac04

Any one want to play me in this my gamertag is BiggyMac04

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed