Gears of War

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2006, 08:30:58 PM

Author
Gears of War (Read 17,460 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Okay, so I just completed this game. It's amazing and beautiful but rather short.

Yautja

Yautja

I agree. Its a great game, with the best graphics ive ever seen. But just a little short.  I also would have liked some online matches were you didnt have to be in a team. But other than that its an excellent game.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The online gaming is fun. Although I keep getting my ass handed to me.  :P

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

ARG! I NEED A 360 SO I CAN GET THIS GAME!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

This game is probably the most fun i have had in a videogame since mario kart for the NES the best part is the online feature, it just feels so good after you win 10 games in a row; i heard that there are two more sequels on the way

G.C. Samaras

G.C. Samaras

Quote from: Mikey on Dec 12, 2006, 08:33:48 PM
ARG! I NEED A 360 SO I CAN GET THIS GAME!
You think that's bad? I own the game but don't have an Xbox 360! Your probably wondering why the hell do I have an Xbox 360 game and no console so I will explain.

I was doing my homework one day and listening to a talk radio station. They were talking about video games and answering questions on air so I decided to call in (and I was sure I would not get through). To my surprise, I waited 20 minutes before I was put on the air. I studdered so much at the beginning but the host sympathized with me and my gaming situation (I don't play games that often because of upcoming tuition costs) so he gave me a copy of Gears of War. Now I am trying to sell the game and I can't get anyone to give me more than $45 (CAD) for it.

Ah, the pains of having autocratic parents...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thats what? 20 US? That'd be around £15 here. That ridiculous. It costs £50 for that brand new here and £40 for second hand.

G.C. Samaras

G.C. Samaras

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2006, 08:08:27 AM
Thats what? 20 US? That'd be around £15 here. That ridiculous. It costs £50 for that brand new here and £40 for second hand.
Where the hell did you learn to convert money? :P

It's about $40 (USD)... I know still a rip-off.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was under the impression CAD were half the value of USD.  :-\

Mystic Lemons

Mystic Lemons

Still about £19 though. 45 CAD is about 38 USD. And the dollar is currently half the value of the pound. It's a damn good time to be getting your stuff shipped over from the states  ;D

G.C. Samaras

G.C. Samaras

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2006, 11:06:34 AM
I was under the impression CAD were half the value of USD.  :-\
That was about 10 years ago, now our economy is catching up to the US' so we can finally afford to go shopping in the US and not worry about exchange rates too much.

Darkness

Darkness

I read a review of this game on gamespot the other day. I can't believe I'm about to say this but I'm actually tempted to buy a 360.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This's 360's Halo - the singular game worth buying the console for.

Darkness

Darkness

It's just the FPS on consoles thing that worries me. I really want to play COD3 but it's only on consoles.

What will Halo 3 be like?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Consoles are great for FPS.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed