X-Box One Discussion

Started by ShadowPred, Aug 06, 2012, 10:21:00 PM

Author
X-Box One Discussion (Read 147,866 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

http://www.gamesradar.com/next-gen-xbox-finally-confirmed-microsoft/

QuoteAfter years of build up, a Microsoft representative finally spilled the beans on Microsoft's upcoming new gaming console. Speaking to The Verge on a recent podcast, Microsoft general manager Brian Hall mentioned "the new Xbox" when discussing Microsoft Outlook.

scarhunter92

Nothing new since it was a given. What we need is info about it. Probably by next E3, with Sony doing the same most likely.

Nightmare Asylum

Ehh, now I'm going to have to spend more money to keep up with Halo...

Cool news for the gamers, though.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Think I'll save up for it, but unless halo 5 is announced for it, or they just flat out stop making new 360 games, I'll probably hold off on getting it as long as possible. I only just got my 360, and want to use it as much as I can.

WinterActual

This time I'll get the PS4 first, instead of the new Xbox. I don't like the way MS are headed with all this kinect crap. Sony have so much more and better exclusives for the past 2 years. MS are just screwing it up, sadly. I just hope the PS4 controller is better than this old piece of shit which didn't changed since '95 at all.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 07, 2012, 04:11:37 AM
This time I'll get the PS4 first, instead of the new Xbox. I don't like the way MS are headed with all this kinect crap. Sony have so much more and better exclusives for the past 2 years. MS are just screwing it up, sadly. I just hope the PS4 controller is better than this old piece of shit which didn't changed since '95 at all.

Didn't the PS3 originally have a different controller,  but people complained about it so it went back to the old version?

WinterActual

The boomerang controller you mean? I thought it's just a concept.

Nightmare Asylum

Oh, I don't know for sure. I just remember seeing those pictures, and then seeing the traditional controller.

ShadowPred

Microsoft tries to deny confirmation of the new X-Box.

QuoteWe know there's a new Xbox console coming in some form as surely as we know that when a tree falls in the forest it still makes a sound even if nobody is around to hear it. We're just not quite sure why Microsoft is so reticent to acknowledge even the mere plan for its existence at some point in the future.

http://www.gamesradar.com/microsoft-denies-they-ever-referenced-new-xbox/

ShadowPred

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3958672/new-xbox-always-online-game-activation-codes-rumor

QuoteWe've heard rumors about Microsoft's Blu-ray plans and an anti-used-game system before, but an activation system coupled with an online requirement sounds like a key way to prevent piracy for the next-generation of console games. If Microsoft locks out the second-hand market for its next Xbox console then that will not sit well with a number of gamers, so we'd hope that Microsoft has plans to support game sharing somehow.

Stupid thing to do if this is true. It's understandable why...but it's really not good for the consumers who want to either sell the games, or just play the game somewhere else...what the hell would happen if you had to buy a new X-Box because the one you own doesn't work anymore? Dumb.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: ShadowPred on Feb 06, 2013, 07:15:51 PM
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/6/3958672/new-xbox-always-online-game-activation-codes-rumor

QuoteWe've heard rumors about Microsoft's Blu-ray plans and an anti-used-game system before, but an activation system coupled with an online requirement sounds like a key way to prevent piracy for the next-generation of console games. If Microsoft locks out the second-hand market for its next Xbox console then that will not sit well with a number of gamers, so we'd hope that Microsoft has plans to support game sharing somehow.

Stupid thing to do if this is true. It's understandable why...but it's really not good for the consumers who want to either sell the games, or just play the game somewhere else...what the hell would happen if you had to buy a new X-Box because the one you own doesn't work anymore? Dumb.

Yeah, they're just trying to find ways to shaft us, now. I'm sure Microsoft earned a couple of profitable bucks with the 360, greedy motherf**kers.

First Blood

Not sure if I am going to get this when it comes out. I am happy with my clunky one for the time being. When that dies I'll most likely drift away from gaming.

WinterActual

You can't sell your games from Origin and Steam too so that's nothing new.

Prime113

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 06, 2013, 07:25:49 PM

Actually it is. Since we're not talking about PC, we're talking about Xbox. You've always been able to trade-in/buy used for Xbox. So, therefore, this is new.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 06, 2013, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 06, 2013, 07:25:49 PM

Actually it is. Since we're not talking about PC, we're talking about Xbox. You've always been able to trade-in/buy used for Xbox. So, therefore, this is new.

WinterActual more than likely meant to say that this sort of thing isn't unheard of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed